Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
December 06, 2022, 04:19:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

wood... just wood

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wood... just wood  (Read 211 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
« on: November 18, 2010, 08:19:58 pm »

laugh oh ditty you poor woman! skittles' rope is still very much intact. he mostly expends his chewing energy on nutshells. i looked up earlier cause he was making this awful cracking noise on the ceiling hook with his beak! i was like  bugeye  was that your beak?!!! and a nutshell fell down! he's taking the shells and chewing them up and when he gets to the tiny pieces that even he cant break he puts it against the cage or ceiling hook and breaks it against the metal! little snot! he spends much of his energy climbing, hanging, and flapping. its the littler ones that do most of the wood chewing around here. if it was skittles doing it all, i'd be broke in about a week! lol!
the 2x4's around here are pretty cheap, i paid $2.75 for the last 12 foot one i got. untreated of course. so i still use them, its just too hard for the little birds to want anything to do with them. even twiggy, my whittle queen <snicker>, gave up on her 2x4 piece.

but thanks for the thoughts ya'll.  thumb
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: