Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
October 02, 2022, 01:36:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Website - Coming Soon

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Website - Coming Soon  (Read 1306 times)
BuffaloParrot

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 03:36:49 pm »

Sorry, wrong answer. :P

I am, will.... snap ... :oopse5: 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 03:40:14 pm by AdminBuffaloParrot » Report Spam   Logged
Mod Eric
Editor, BuffaloParrot.com
Administrator
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 13

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 09:27:48 pm »

Yeah, but tan?? The tan didn't go well. If he can think of some other colors, I'll change them if they make sense lol.
Report Spam   Logged

"Much talking is the cause of danger. Silence is the means of avoiding misfortune. The talkative parrot is shut up in a cage. Other birds, without speech, fly freely about."
          -Saskya Pandita
BilboMisty
Hahn's Member

Like my post 17

Of all the animals, Parrots chose me! <3

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 10:19:35 pm »

In my opinion Eric (you dont have to), I like the site. But I think in the title banner, maybe TRY incorperating more Parros/Birds? I like the background theme, but the one macaw just seems like not enough. Note, this is just my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

Noah Adam Francisco, Born January 8th, 2013

Momma to:
1 Cockatiel--Peanut
1 Pacific Parrotlet-- Clover
I MISS YOU COOPER!
FLY HIGH MISTY!! 03-12-2008 to 10-19-2010 I MISS YOU BABY GIRL!
1 Dutch Blue Pied Female Lovebird--Flicka: Fly High sweetheart, We will miss you!
1 Calico Kitty--Kaya
1 Dark Eyed White Ferret, female; Jinx
Mod Eric
Administrator
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 13

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2010, 12:12:31 am »

Done. Thanks for the suggestion, BilboMisty. :)

Dad - I added an administrator login area. Go to the very bottom of any page and look at the very right, you'll see "Admin". Click on that, and use the same login info from the current website that you use. Right now there isn't much, but more stuff will be added later (statistics, etc.). I had some fun trying to make that, took me all day to get the page password protected and create the login. I'm taking a break from the copying of informative pages and adding the more fun (and frustrating) pages like the web forms. Lol.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 12:45:23 am by Mod Eric » Report Spam   Logged

"Much talking is the cause of danger. Silence is the means of avoiding misfortune. The talkative parrot is shut up in a cage. Other birds, without speech, fly freely about."
          -Saskya Pandita
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2010, 10:43:50 am »

Wouldn't the tan with black letters look good?  When it was tan before the letters were not black.  The logo looks better thumb
Report Spam   Logged
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2010, 10:51:14 am »

sorry eric, i agree w D. the blue with white letters is pretty but that white is hard on the eyes.  i like the tan with black...but then again, i'm old and set in my ways too.   :oldg:  sorry.  ashamed
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Mod Eric
Administrator
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 13

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2010, 12:47:20 pm »

Uhhh... before the letters were a really dark brown. Black on tan would look even worse. I really don't understand how tan would look good at all, I understand that it might be a little bright, but your brightness on your monitor must be too high. I did darken the blue to add contrast to the letters. Tan is the last thing i'll change it to. Sorry.
Report Spam   Logged

-Saskya Pandita
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2010, 01:00:17 pm »

dont be sorry. its ur website. like i said i'm just old and set in my ways. once i've been using it a while i'll probably complain if you decide to change it to tan. lol!  headhammer
and i use my tv as a monitor. its just set on whatever is default. i'm too lazy to monkey with it anymore. about 10 or 15 yrs ago, i tweaked my comp to make it personalized. now i'm lazy, i let microsoft do what it wants.  smile3
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2010, 02:12:34 pm »

Uhhh... before the letters were a really dark brown. Black on tan would look even worse. I really don't understand how tan would look good at all, I understand that it might be a little bright, but your brightness on your monitor must be too high. I did darken the blue to add contrast to the letters. Tan is the last thing i'll change it to. Sorry.

notcare
Report Spam   Logged
BilboMisty
Hahn's Member

Like my post 17

Of all the animals, Parrots chose me! <3

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2010, 06:28:55 pm »

Nice Job Eric! That banner looks a LOT better now!
As far as the lettering goes, that white ad blue is too much even for my young eyes, BUT! I dont know of any other color combos that would look good for the new site. But lemme ask this...Dont you think the Tan/Black combo on HERE looks ok? Why not try keeping a little of THIS forum, and put it into the new BP....like keepin it old school?

Sorry if I'm making this difficult...just trying to help is all!
Report Spam   Logged

Noah Adam Francisco, Born January 8th, 2013

Momma to:
1 Cockatiel--Peanut
1 Pacific Parrotlet-- Clover
I MISS YOU COOPER!
FLY HIGH MISTY!! 03-12-2008 to 10-19-2010 I MISS YOU BABY GIRL!
1 Dutch Blue Pied Female Lovebird--Flicka: Fly High sweetheart, We will miss you!
1 Calico Kitty--Kaya
1 Dark Eyed White Ferret, female; Jinx
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2010, 08:22:36 pm »

Thank You Bilbo!  I just did not have the coconuts to say to my Son what you just did! ashamed
Report Spam   Logged
Mod Eric
Administrator
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 13

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2010, 08:37:53 pm »

That's what I had before - the colors were all the same as the forums, even the letters. Only difference was the background, which was a solid color. It didn't look good.
Report Spam   Logged

-Saskya Pandita
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2010, 08:43:36 pm »

The letters were not black though, just a darker brown dknow
Report Spam   Logged
Mod Eric
Administrator
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 13

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2010, 02:33:24 am »

Yeah, exactly. The letters here are just a darker brown.
Report Spam   Logged

-Saskya Pandita
zimbasmom
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 24

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2010, 09:38:32 am »

If it aint broke...donít fix it  smile3
Report Spam   Logged

The difference between kids and parrots is that it's funny when a parrot talks back.

www.macawsandmore.com
Home: Houston, TX
1 Loved Congo African Grey~Zimba
2 Spoiled Cats
Bunch of Salt Water Fishies
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: