Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
November 26, 2021, 11:03:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

~~Hi Everyone~~

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ~~Hi Everyone~~  (Read 72 times)
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Badges: (View All)
« on: August 26, 2015, 12:00:38 am »

This is just an update on my crazy internet search & woes.  sadboy3 Yes the saga continues, I am still having to use my little cell phone screen.   slaph

The HughesNet guy came out last Saturday instead of Monday to hook us up. Well, turns out our large Mulberry tree in the front yard is in the way of the southern sky and a couple of other trees in the neighbor's yard which would prevent the satellite from working properly.   pullhair Our house is all metal including the roof & he said he was not allowed to attach the dish to the roof.   :hair: So the fellow said he would have to coem back with a tall pole and a bag of cement to install by the side of our house next to the tv antennae. But it would cost us another $100.00 for him to do this.  oh

He was a nice guy and told us he would suggest "off the record" to find someone else for a provider instead of going to all that trouble & expense. he said satellite internet was not really that all great & we would not be that satisfied for what we were going to be out on cost. He suggested I check with local phone companies. I siad I did not want to go to dialup as I know it is the absolute worst connection out there. He told me they should offer DSL and maybe fiber optic service.

Hmmm, fiber optic? I remember a new phone company laid fiber optic lines about 6 or 7 yrs ago out here. We have never had a house phone here, but my sister who lived in my garage in her travel trailer did have one with Windstream at that time. So with the HughesNet guy's help we cancelled the work order for the satellite service and my search continued.  thinkin3 I do another search for possible internet providers in my area. Call Windstream, nope out of their service area!  cry She tries to connect me to AT&T and I tell her their cell phones don't even work out here. My son Jory's AT&T phone would not work 2 yrs prior and the HughesNet guy had an AT&T phone. He ended up using my Sprint phone to call his company to cancel the order.  dmblaf

OK, my online search continues into the wee hours of Sunday morning & by now I am thinking I will have to go the route of satellite again. I do look up the site of the phone company that had laid the fiber optic lines, but it has very little info. They don't keep a 24 hr customer service. Sooo, since they have a local office in the town 12 miles away I decide we shall go by & chat with them in person on Monday. I go in & askk the lady if they provide internet service out our way at the lake. She asks which side do we live on & I proudly exclaim the Haskell side.  :grin:

Sucess!!!! Why yes she says we do offer internet service to your area.  :bounce:  :woohoo:  yy So she tells us what we have to do & she has to check if lines are already there and if not we will pay for laying them plus installation. OK, fine whatever it takes!  thumb Then she says we have to connect a house phone for service~~wait~~I don't want dialup!!!  cwy The lady tellls me it is not dialup, it will be fiber optics, but this is a requirement for service with them. OK, I can accept that and we settle on local only since I don't need long distance with a cell phone that has unlimited everything already!

The only problem now is we will have to wait to be hoooked up for another 2 1/2 to 3 weeks!!!  2sadk Oh well, after the 3rd of Sept our Sprint wifi will reset & we will have our 12Gs back for a very short while since it goes out the window at record speed these days. At least with Santa Rosa it will be unlimited data finally!!!!! handshappy towel mummy Now I just wonder what obsticle will come up during installation since we seem to attract problems with getting decent internet? It has been a long uphill struggle to coem to this point. I just can't imagine it is going to be this easy to get it all set up now!  :faint:
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 06:02:51 am »

WOW your going through a lot.
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 03:37:00 pm »

:faint: :faint: I know how frustrating all this has been for you and I know you are at the point of tearing your hair out with it all  :hair:

This new one just has to be third time lucky for you  thumb You can then download till your hearts content  :woohoo: Hopefully, there are no big issues involved when they come to connect you  hugu
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
jules
my sweet jasper
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 20

julie

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 02:34:17 pm »

Good luck De, and hope it is third time lucky for you. You'll be whizzing out that window with broadband soon  :woohoo:
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: