Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
November 30, 2021, 12:23:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

~~Vacation Time For Me~~

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ~~Vacation Time For Me~~  (Read 207 times)
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Badges: (View All)
« on: July 15, 2015, 01:40:40 am »

Next week when I get off work Tuesday morning at 06:00am I will be free of those razor wire fences for 20 days!!!!!  :ys: :woohoo: :bounce: "chick"

I put in for a 2 work cycle time off back in April and got it!!  handshappy towel :girl: It has been a couple of years since I have asked for 2 work cycles which with my regular time off mixed in between gives me 20 days.  :grin: I will be very happy to be home with my flock & wolf pack for awhile. And sleep as long as I like which will most likely still be my usual 3 to 5 hr naps like on work days.  dmblaf

Anyway, just wanted everyone to know I will get to be able to be on a little more during this time. Well, I do plan on tackling my "over stuffed" closet  :eek: :eek2: and clean the house thoroughly. Ok I'm already tired & wore out from just thinking about all that.  :faint: It has been a long time since I gave this place a very good cleaning.  slaph roll groggy

See ya'll in a few days~~  hugu grouphug  loveuk
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 05:51:21 am »

:woohoo:  Have fun !!
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 07:21:12 am »

yy A whole 20 days off to do just as you like  "chick"

I will be away for 7 of the days you are off as it is visit Mum time again  u2funny I will still be around though as I will have my laptop  clap
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 07:52:01 am »

"chick" :woohoo: yy :bounce: "chick" :woohoo: yy :bounce:
Report Spam   Logged
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 02:40:50 pm »

I know exactly what you will be doing! And it will be none of what you mentioned! That flock of yours got a package and they expect you to do something with it!  rofl2
Report Spam   Logged

Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 02:20:24 am »

Thanks Ladies!!  hugu Tow days have already gone by of my 20~~ oh sadboy3 ~~Doesn't take long for it to fly past~~unless I'm at work waiting for it!~~   hmm I swear this past week of work was the looongest one of my 9 1/2 yr career at the prison.   :faint: Didn't help that the water has been off for over 3 weeks due to multiple leaks~prison side & water company side~~   roll  Counting the transfer unit next door to us & our unit it is like shutting the water off from a small town~~ close to 6,000 people!!  :eek2: :eek:

Anyway, did take a mini trip Wed to Mustang, Oklahoma.  :lol1: So what is in Oklahoma interesting enough to go rush off to 1 day after vacation starts you quip?  think confused dknow Welll, I had to go pick up my "new to me" tapestry weaving loom.  slaph 2funny2 I have wanted one for a long time & found one close enough to drive to get it since it is super expensive to ship heavy critters like that.  huh4

Mustang is about 250 miles from us. I set it up to be there between 9 & 10am. Sooo, we leave our house at 2:30am partly so if we should have car trouble & partly because we have to take our pickup & the air conditioner doesn't work.  sadboy3 And let me tell ya' summer has finally come visiting Texas!!!  sweaten We get to Mustang about 7am, I have to go to the restroom & we stop at a Lowes & mess around looking for a little bit killing time. Get bored & show up at the folks with the loom around 7:30am. They are up, they have an Alpaca farm.  loveuk Jerry falls "In Love" with Alpacas & now wants one, but they have to have company & he wants two!!  :shrug: Doesn't help that the lady says they have an over abundance of males & willing to sell a couple of them for $200.00 each. A big difference from the usual price of $3,000.00 to $5,000.00 for top fiber alpacas!!!  :jawdrop1: slaph slaph :faint: No we didn't bring one or two home~~YET!!!  stupid1

Nearly roasted coming home tho. It was over 100 degrees by the time we got in around 3pm.  cry Note to self~~next time wait til winter to find *LARGE WOODEN* items to drag home!

The loom we went to get in Mustang, OK.

My "Weaving Studio"  dmblaf

My 32" Ashford table loom I've had for several years.

My two spinning wheels~The front one I got recently~The back one is 40 yrs old I got 7 yrs ago in Oregon & was handmade in Kalispell, Montana by a retired forest ranger.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:25:58 am by Nakia » Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 05:10:20 am »

I love your weaving studio De  thumb You have some awesome equipment which all looks very complicated to use  :faint:

We will all be sitting here in anticipation waiting to see what creations you are going to make with all these looms and spinning wheels  clap

I have a feeling we are going to see a couple of Alpacas added to your zoo very soon  u2funny
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 02:16:16 pm »

laugh Oh I hope not too soon on the Alpacas!!' I truly don't need anymore critters to care for.  :faint:

Got the loom & both spinning wheels oiled all over~~wood and metal parts. Now tk wipe them all down. Next tbing on the agenda is to put new tie up cords & chains on the treadles & lams. Then I can start measuring the warp out and get it ready to beam and sley the heddles and reed. Eventually I will be ready to weave.  dmblaf
Report Spam   Logged
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 07:40:45 am »

Is that a blanket on the photo of the loom? I LOVE the design!!
 :heart: :heart: :heart:
Report Spam   Logged
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 09:44:24 am »

Sorry for the delay in answering here. Still having major issues with my internet service & our data going quick! Not like it did when Sprint tried to charge us for $500.00, but it isn't lasting for very long & I have not been on much at all anywhere!  sadboy3 Since Sprint has stepped up their power out here to bring in 4G LTE abilities which does work much much better most of the time, it also makes the data use up faster! The metering on it has changed & within a few days our 12G is gone with much lass use. I used to put tons of photos on photobucket & then on to forums & FaceBook. I rarely put photos any place now. And I am not on hardly any anywhere now too. Jerry mainly stays on FB but he too has not been on mush at all & the data still goes fast on that WiFi when we are on it.

So for most of last month & this one too I have been using my cell phone for internet again. It has unlimited data & a 5" screen. Sooo, it is not the most pleasant way to visit online compared to my 27" monitor on my pc, but I don't want to pay overages to Sprint. Tried to get a company called Wi-Power to connect yesterday. Had to wait for a week & a half for a day we were off that they could come out. The guy checked his equipment for a connection & could never get a signal. They work off a tower and it happens to be cloer to the town that is farther away from us. Only 16 miles but there are a couple of rolling hills & trees blocking the signal. So that was a bust!  cry

Go online again to find if there is any hope for us & internet. Find short of dial up which we tried 5 yrs ago & couldn't get 1 pc to load up. No way I will deal with that again! I'll stick to my phone first!!!  sadboy3 Find that there is only one company offering satellite service to us out here. That is HughesNet Gen4. I did go ahead & sign up to be connected to their service on Monday the 24th. Can't get unlimited like I would have had with Wi-Power. Hughes Net's best offer  for us is 20Gs a month, 10 anytime & 10 off peak hours which is when I'm on more than the other. We will still keep the Sprint WiFi for awhile just in case the satellite one does not work. Trouble is we will be stuck with Hughes for 2 yrs contract. All they offer even if we buy the equipment!  pullhair Didn't see any positive reviews using HughesNet, but when it is the only thing I can get I have to try.

Hopefully I can be back on more when I finally get this internet crap sorted out. Miss ya'll & love ya'll all very much!!!  hugu :heart: grouphug

Blanca when ever you are ready just send the photos. I'll get started on them.  thumb :hehe2:
Report Spam   Logged
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 09:51:36 am »

Is that a blanket on the photo of the loom? I LOVE the design!!
 :heart: :heart: :heart:

You must be talking about the black & white rug I was working on on my table loom. It was supposed to be a gift for a friend that used to work with me at the prison. But I never finished it, I put my loom in storage when I first got Roscoe & Angel. Needed the space for their big enclosure. Now they are to the side of my weaving studio in the old bedroom with wall opened.

It is a tapestry rug in the cow spot (Holstein) pattern. I was just randomly adding spots as I pleased and then I was going to add a southwest design in the center area. I may finish it anyway, but not to give as a gift any longer. Just to keep I guess. Thank you for asking about it.
  :grin:
Report Spam   Logged
jules
my sweet jasper
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 20

julie

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 02:42:31 pm »

Wow you have a fantastic collection De, you're going to be busy, busy soon by the look of it  yy

Alot that technical talk went over my head, just the spinning part I got  :lol1: what a great hobby though  thumb
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: