Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
November 30, 2021, 01:14:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Please keep Sondra in your thoughts and prayers!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please keep Sondra in your thoughts and prayers!!!  (Read 106 times)
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Badges: (View All)
« on: June 17, 2015, 08:59:26 am »

Hi everyone,

We have just found out that Sondra washed rushed into hospital last night with a 100% blockage in the artery above her heart  :cry1: :cry1: We have no idea how she is, or whether they are going to operate! As soon as we have any news, we will let you know!

Please keep Sondra in your thoughts and pray for her speedy recovery  :heart:

Sondra, if you are able to read this, we want you to know, we are all routing for you! Sending big hugs your way  hugu XX
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 04:26:27 pm »

OMG !!! Hope shes ok  2sadk
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 01:26:13 am »

Sending my thoughts for you to get well Sondra. Hugs to you, your hubby, flock and pack.  hugu

Have not heard any more news yet as to how she is doing. Last I spoke with Marlene she said if she had any news she would pass it on to me.
Report Spam   Logged
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 06:51:14 am »

Yes, I'm backkkkkkkk! They found a blockage in my aorta at the subclavian juncture. This is a rare area for a blockage. I spent the 16th to the 18 at a hospital in Syracuse, NY on blood thinners. They found my EKG is wonky, thinking I may have had a heart attack in the last 2 months, so before they can do my blockage they have to do testing on my heart - it's a hurry up and wait situation   :hair:  . If my blockage opens enough I'll have a stent, if not bypass. I have no palpable blood pressure in my left arm and no palpable pulse   bugeye , they can get a pulse with a Doppler though, so it isn't dying. So on July 6 I get heart testing, on July 7 I go back and see the cardiovascular surgeon at St. Joes in Syracuse.  Wouldn't be half as bad but Hubby is going through his own problems - they are talking either ankle fusion or ankle replacement as well as possible fusing vertebrae in his neck!   :faint:
Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 09:14:30 am »

"hello2" So happy to hear from you Sondra! We have been worried about you  cry

You have a lot to go through over the next month  :eek: Lets hope the blockage opens enough so you can have a stent, rather than a bypass!

Sending both you and your hubby big hugs  hugu

You need to get plenty of rest and don't do anything too energetic at the moment!!
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 09:43:00 am »

WOW ! so good to hear from you  :grin: I cant imagine the stress [you sound good though]. Hope they get things figured out asap !
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 07:32:32 am »

Thank you for all the prayers.
Report Spam   Logged
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 09:05:05 am »

hugu hugu hugu Glad you are back and out of the hospital Sondra!!!!!  hugu hugu hugu You have a lot on your plate between now & next month. Hope all goes well & you don't have to have bypass surgery. Hugs to your hubby too!  hugu hugu I didn't know he was having all this happening to him as well.  sad8 Keep strong & I will continue to keep you both in my thoughts. Keep us informed of how you both are doing & what they decide for ya'll when the time comes for all this to take place.  grouphug

I have been through the stints with Jerry twice and the scraping out of his right side carotid artery when they found it to be 80% blocked the day after Thanksgiving in 2008. We were at work at the prison and 3am his right eye goes blind. So a quick trip to the ER where they found he had the blockage & he didn't get out of the hospital for 2 weeks due to his BP going up & down before they could do the surgery, Then 6 weeks of rest afterwards at home. He had a pacemaker put in in 2009 for a low heartbeat of 42 per minute. Shall we say he's 'falling apart?'  :lol1:

I have been through 8 & 9 hour surgeries with my sister 5 times for her neck & back. She had a bone replaced in her neck the first time, some disks fused & two titanium plates bolted to her spine during the other surgeries.

I know what you & your hubby are facing at least as the person who waits outside the doors hoping for the best for our loved ones going through all this. You take good care of yourself & rest plenty! We are all here with all the moral support we can send your way. We love ya' Sondra!!!  loveuk
Report Spam   Logged
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 08:49:09 am »

thanks everyone!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: