Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
November 26, 2021, 11:17:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Been Absent For A Spell

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Been Absent For A Spell  (Read 55 times)
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Badges: (View All)
« on: June 01, 2015, 01:17:46 am »

Figured I owed you folks a bit of an explanation as to why I haven't been on much atall this past month. Have had a major internet issue with my hotspot WiFi from Sprint. Someone hacked into my SIM Card and usex mega tons of data to the tune of $500.00 in overage fees I'm expected to pay!!!  :eek: :faint: ~~Collection plate will now be passed around the circle of readers~~  worship  :cry1:

I use my hotspot for my home computers internet connection. Have used it for 5 yrs now. I don't have unlimited data since Sprint doesn't offer it for hotspot usage. My cell phones are both unlimited but way out where I live 3G in not stable at all.  cwy I have 12G of data plan on my hotspot to the tune of $79.99 per month.

Have never gone over the limit on it til this month. I began getting notifications from Sprint through email about nearing my limit. Jerry thought it had been him listening to a few music videos and I wasn't too concerned if that was it. He never went over before but I don't keep up with his computer use since we have our own separate desktops. Then last week when I was in the car waiting for Jerry to come out from work I read a message from Sprint that said I had already used 20Gs!!! :eek2: Once home I went straight to the hotspot box & yanked the battery plumb off of it!! Made sure it was dead as a flattened frog on a busy highway. :ys:

I went over to my Sprint account and it said I had already used 24Gs and had exactly $500.00 overage on my account. I went to bed for my work nap as I still had another nnight to work before my 4 off. Got up at 2pm, checked again on the Sprint site and it claimed I had used another2Gs!!! WTF???  confused  thinkin3 Well I spent the next hour on the phone with Sprint. Had them put a block on the WiFi and start an investigation. Was going to go to the store the next day to get them to do that after I was off work til it was still using data with the box in dead & buried mode. pullhair

Didn't hear back from Sprint on Thur like the tech support said I should. So went to the Sprint store in Abilene. Had them check on it. Still said it was. being investigated. This .orning I am calling them about what they have found out. It rolls over to a new month on the erd and I definitely don't want it turned back on. I can't afford to supply some jerk low life his or her ggaming or streaming tv music or whatever!!!  :hair: we don't play online games of any ki d nor do we watch tv online. And our internet is not stable enough to use that much data in just a couple of hours. If it were I could upload ky bird videos!!!

Will be looking for a new provider no matter what Sprint decides about the overages. And I have heard of 3 Verizon hotspot users who have experienced similar mega data use they didnt do. Was told by one thatVerizon would not drop the overage even tho thdy showed they never went over while on their plan.  think  slaph
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 03:04:01 am »

This is terrible De  shk I would have had an instant heart attack if my internet bill was 500.00  :faint:

I hope they get to the bottom of this for you and can prove it was not you who has used mega data!!
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 04:19:25 am »

D, I am so sorry you got hacked!  Hubby and I still use the old fashioned flip phones just for that reason, and we don't have internet on our phones.  PLEASE check your credit card statements as well as debit card statements and anything else you use your phone for! I sure hope they drop the charges for you.

Have you had any RAIN your way? I am praying you aren't having problems.   hugu
Report Spam   Logged
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 05:11:47 am »

INo Sondra my phones are fine. No crazy data or other suspicious activity on either phone. I use the WiFi hotspot as my internet connection for my home computers. My desktop & Jerry's desktop. My phones I rarely use on the hotspot at home. I only use my phone 3G/LTE Spark when not home around my nice big monitor on my desktop.  :hehe2:

Someone has hacked into the SIM card in the hotspot box and went wild using up tons of data on it exclusively. I will not be using any hotspot from Sprint again unless I just can't find another provider out here. I have one company I will be calling as soon as my voice comes back so they can understand me. Have had laryngitis for the last week!!
Report Spam   Logged
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 06:59:13 am »

Oh no !! Im so sorry . I hate how difficult they make it to help you . Were raised to be polite and it comes to being a lunatic to get anything done  :hair: I hope it gets resolved for you soon . We miss you being on  :grin:
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 08:03:03 am »

dang! hope you feel better QUICKLY!
Report Spam   Logged
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 08:25:20 am »

Do NOT use Verizon! We used their hotspot and right at the 2 year mark (when it was time for an upgrade) ours went crazy! They told us our box went bad and we would have to buy a new one. The one we had was "out of date".
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: