Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
December 06, 2021, 09:15:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

So Im weird :)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So Im weird :)  (Read 31 times)
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Badges: (View All)
« on: April 27, 2015, 09:06:35 am »

During work  I ran an errand [which was Petco ]. So of course I had birds on the brain . Im replacing perches and thinking who else need one . In front of my car was a person who had a bumper sticker that said "I love my Toos" . Which you never see around here  :grin: . I sat behind her at a light ,thinking shes a "Bird person" . I want to talk to her  :grin: . Im thinking how am I going to do this [I cant beep] that would be crazy  shk . So she was going the same place I was . She got in line at a drive thru [I decided to park]. I thought if I don't do this Im going to regret it. So I went up to her car and said "Not to be weird but  do you have a Cockatoo?" she said yes I have 4 [I said me too !!!!]. She had 10 parrots one was a Slender billed Too [that was neat]. I was able to finish the conversation "come see me im a Hairstylst". Used to having in depth conversations with people I don't know from my profession. Of course I love the look on my families face when I told them about my day  :grin:
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 11:31:23 am »

I don't think you're weird! I used to do that to people all the time when I worked in the grocery industry. Then these people would tell their friends to come down and see me for advice - got one of our birds that way  smile3  It was funny because if they couldn't remember my name they would ask for the girl that has birds............should have seen the look on a new persons face, but luckily for me most of the staff knew who they were asking for. I think we were the only grocery store in town that had customers come in asking for the bird girl because they needed advice. LOL!
Report Spam   Logged
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 02:48:52 pm »

Weird??? What's so weird about that?  confused think dknow   sad8

After all, you just stalked a strange lady. Chased her down, waited for your chance & pounced on her about her bumper sticker like a mountain lion enjoying a Prong Horn antelope dinner!  :eek2: :eek: laffhrd laugh dmblaf

Oh heavens I have to be worse than weird then if you are.  slaph I mean, I come from a normally "Friendly State".  hi5 smile3 :bounce: Unless I am just not feeling very well I will talk to anyone any time. Especially if I find that they share an animal/bird fetish as hopeless as mine.  :hehe2:

Not so much about my pets, probably cause I'm not advertising I have any at the time. But I am forever having folks in stores asking me if I can help them find an item or reach for something they can't get off a shelf. I often wonder, "Do I just have that look as if I work in every store I shop in?!"  :lol1: I never mind helping them if I can, but seriously I am not even dressed in the same colors as the employees are usually. The other day at Walmart I was checking myself out at the self check counter & a little old man (shhh~~I may be old, but my body hasn't convinced my mind of it~~) came up to me and asked if I could check him out meaning he thought I was working there & wanted to be checked out. An employee was walking behind him & told him the lady at a regular checkout could help & guided him there.  huh4 duh

Weird Terri? Yep at least you & I are cause we think nothing of moving out furniture to fit just one more cage/enclosure so our birds can enjoy our company!  :ys: hugu loveuk
Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 04:02:34 pm »

:lol1: Terri. Your story has given me a laugh before I depart for bed  rofl2

I can just imagine you in hot pursuit of this lady with the Too's  :hehe2: Do I think you are strange? NO, I certainly do not. I have got chatting to many people with birds. I have never chased after one before, but, I think if I had have seen someone with a sticker in their car, I just may have done the same  clap

Non bird people think us bird people are all strange anyway  :pink:
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: