Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
December 06, 2021, 08:12:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

February BP Photo Competition ~~*LOVE*~~

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: February BP Photo Competition ~~*LOVE*~~  (Read 231 times)
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Badges: (View All)
« on: February 11, 2015, 11:56:15 pm »

Hi Folks, I would like to announce the BP Photo Competition for the month of February is starting today. A wee bit late again, but we are very flexible with our competition schedules.  :hehe2:  :bounce:

This month's subject/theme was chosen by Maddy (Pea), winner of last month's competition. She has chosen ~~*LOVE*~~ for our subject/theme this month and this is what she would like to see in the photos you enter:

"For the February photo competition, I have chosen the theme "Love". I'm hoping to see pictures of birds being loving with their bird buddy, favorite human, or even their favorite toy!"  :grin:

All photos need to be entered right here on this page. Only one photo entry per competition. Every member including staff is eligible to participate. The winner of this month's competition will choose the subject/theme for March's photo competition. And the winner will also get one of our 'Best Photo Award' Icons  added to their signature area. This Icon will remain on their signature and each new win will get another Icon added to their signature.  handshappy

The Competition will run from today February 12 til midnight (Central Standard Time in the US) on the 26th of February. On February 27th I will be adding the Poll with all the photo entries for everyone to vote on their favorite entry.

Photo Competition Rules:

1. No copy write photos - Please make sure you have permission to use the photo you submit.
2. No photos depicting birds in dangerous situations.
3. Only one entry per competition - If you need to remove or change your submitted photo, please contact one of the staff members with your reason to do so. It is at our digression to determine
    the need for changes.
4. Keep photos within the subject/theme topic.
5. All photos need to be entered here on this page.
6. And last but not least - Let's all have fun!!

Good luck everyone and let's see those ~*LOVE*~ Photos!!  :bounce:  :woohoo: :luck:
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 12:14:06 am »

Well I might as well get this month's competition off to a roaring start with my entry.  dmblaf

This is my Blue Throated Macaw Kachina Raye & me cuddling. Something this little guy absolutely loves to do with me!  loveuk Nothing pleases him more than to hang out on ly shoulder flipping one wing up & down giving a squawk in my ear that sounds like a baby eaglet anticipating being fed by his parronts.  :lol1:

Kachina loves cuddling & hanging out with me so much I have nicknamed him my "Maca'Too"! He acts more like a Cockatoo but with the calmer laid back personality of a Macaw. Love this special boy!!!  :heart:

Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 07:35:24 am »

This is my absolute favourite pic De  thumb I love it!
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
jules
my sweet jasper
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 20

julie

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 04:32:31 pm »

What a beautiful photo of you both  :heart:

Right I'm going to have to be quick with my camera, as jasper blows kisses a lot but never at the right time lol x
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
Pea
Maddy
Forum Artist

Like my post 16

Always, Weasley. 2010 - 2013

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 06:14:41 pm »

Awwww, I love the photo of you and Kachina Raye!

Here is one of my favorite pictures of Jester, we are giving each other kisses!  :heart:

Report Spam   Logged

~The Sunshine Flock~
~ Jester Bean ~
~ Bellatrix ~ Dobby ~
~ Precious ~ Honey ~ Peatree ~
~ Harper ~  Abby ~
~ Angel Weasley ~ Angel Jacob ~ Angel Dudley ~ Angel Devynn ~ Angel Hermione ~

Custom Bird Art ~ madalync.com

Nov 2014

Jan 2015
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 08:03:57 pm »

Beautiful photo Maddy.  loveuk It is very easy to see why it is one of your favorite pictures. :grin:

Thanks for adding it here for the competition.   
Report Spam   Logged
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 08:21:51 pm »

OK Folks! This photo competition was supposed to have closed yesterday. My internet was not cooperating with me due to all the snow we got the last 2 days. It is still not behaving very well for me.

Now as ya'll can see there has been no interest in this month's photo competition from members except Maddy & me in entering. And only Wendy & Julie with commenting on either photos.  sadboy3

I am going to let you, the members decide if you want to hold this subject over for another month & give you a chance to add your photos. Or close the photo competition thread down, declare Maddy the winner of February's ~~*Love*~~ competition and discontinue having them until or unless anyone is willing to participate.

There is no reason to continue them if no one is willing to participate. And I am not planning to add a poll for only 2 photos that oneentry happens to be mine. As little interest as the competitions have been generating I don't expect very many would bother to make an effort to vote in the first place.  sad8

I have enjoyed these photo competitions, but the dwindling  participation has taken it's toll on this and if it is to continue I need all of ya'lls help.

So, if you want to carry this competition over into March, post a comment here in this thread letting me know this.

If you want to discontinue further photo competitions and declare Maddy the winner of February's competition, please tell me here in this thread.

I am all for Maddy being crowned the winner of this month's competition. it is the best example of ~~*Love*~~ between a parrot & its owner I have seen on here. hugu :heart:
Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 03:34:52 pm »

Come on everyone! Surely you all must have a picture you can enter? It would be such a shame to have to bring the competition to an end  :cry1:
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
jules
my sweet jasper

Like my post 20

julie

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 10:48:19 am »

Oh dear, I'm really very sorry I've not entered. Don't seem to be having a minute just lately, the days just seem to run away and leave me behind. If you'd like to keep it open longer then I'm ok with that, and I don't mind Maddy winning Februarys comp, and then start afresh for March. It would be a great shame to lose it altogether De and in appreciate what you and Wendy do for this forum  sad8
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
jules
my sweet jasper

Like my post 20

julie

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 10:53:21 am »

Oh I've just thought if you do keep it open would this one be ok? Its of jasper and one of her friends chocko from a couple of years ago, I'm sure in haven't used it before so should be ok x

Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
jules
my sweet jasper

Like my post 20

julie

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 10:55:41 am »

Jasper is on the right looking a bit surprised   loveuk
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 01:22:18 am »

Awww, that is perfect for an entry Jules!!  loveuk A very fitting example of love.  thumb

It doesn't look like anyone else but us 4 who have participated and commented care to keep the photo competitions open. That is very sad indeed. I will give it another week and if no one bothers to comment or enter I will put the poll up for our 3 entries. Then I'm just not sure that there is any use on having  these competitions  any longer until we get some folks coming on here who actually want to help keep this forum going by posting on threads.

I appreciate your kind words Jules. It is folks like you & Maddy who make an effort to post and try to keep the forum from becoming a ghost town. Wendy, Terri & I can only do so much. But if no one cares to create threads or even comment, we can't  expect the place to survive. It takes all our members coming by and posting to make this place a success.

I thank you and the small handful who still come over for being faithful to the forum and caring that it survives.  hugu
Report Spam   Logged
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 05:55:42 am »

OMG De' I want your bird. Sorry haven't entered . I had to get a new computer and it would not let  me upload pictures. We just figured it out. Where have you been ? Read through the posts  :grin:
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Pea
Maddy
Forum Artist

Like my post 16

Always, Weasley. 2010 - 2013

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 09:35:34 am »

Awwww, Jules! That is such a sweet photo!  :heart:

Hopefully we can get one or two more entries! (:
Report Spam   Logged

~The Sunshine Flock~
~ Jester Bean ~
~ Bellatrix ~ Dobby ~
~ Precious ~ Honey ~ Peatree ~
~ Harper ~  Abby ~
~ Angel Weasley ~ Angel Jacob ~ Angel Dudley ~ Angel Devynn ~ Angel Hermione ~

Custom Bird Art ~ madalync.com

Nov 2014

Jan 2015
garden squirrel
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 11

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 11:27:46 am »

Hi I do watch the forum but when try post stuff I having mega probs . I can't do pictures no more even writ stuff hard to get on here. So I must admit I have given up. I have tried deleteing and re loading tapatalk but none works so not sure how to fix it anymore. I not at all computer literate so won't use big computer just be me ipad.
Maybe in summer get computer girl out and she try fix it but it costs a lot for her to sort stuff. She sorted it  for me last time but think they altered tapatalk  and since then I can't seem to do a lot.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: