Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
December 06, 2021, 09:00:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Need to get my but in gear

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need to get my but in gear  (Read 66 times)
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Badges: (View All)
« on: December 10, 2014, 04:29:51 pm »

Christmas is close  :hair:  Last weekend was Portia and a Christmas concert. I have a lot of gifts in the trunk of my car Ive been collecting . Have no clue what I have  headhammer Im not this behind . I have the tree to do. Elise is having a fit because we put birds where it always goes . I said lets just decorate one of the cages  :hehe: and put the presents under it.I make peppermint bark . So I need to get on the ball [maybe this weekend]. What is everyone else doing?
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 04:40:55 pm »

I am also very behind  on Christmas this year due to all the work I am doing on the house! I thought I would be a bit straighter by the time Christmas came, but, due to lots of setbacks this is not the case  :cry1: I usually put lots of decorations and lights up but this year it is just the tree. This I done last Saturday. I have only just bought the presents!! I normally have them bought and wrapped by end of November  oh

It will be just a quiet christmas this year with my family and of course, I will have the best present of all which is Opie  :tree:

LOL, Terri, good idea on decorating the cage instead of having a tree  :pink:
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 09:16:41 pm »

Let's see how well that goes over with Codie :hehe:
Report Spam   Logged

Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 10:35:57 pm »

I feel for ya' Terri!!  2funny2 I can remember those days way back in the dark ages when I actually celebrated Christmas and had reasons to rush around & get nowhere fast.  dmblaf If you decorate that cage I definitely want to see a photo of it!!  :okay:

Wendy, Opie will be the best thing you can decorated when he gets home in a couple of days. Wished I could be there to see him. I can't even keep up with ya as you head out to pick him up & then how Codie takes it when he gets in the house.  cry I go back to work Saturday and will be taking my nap.  :cry1: I will have to find time to see all the photos you add til I'm off again next Wed.  sadboy3

Well since I don't have any folks come over during holidays and no family to share it with. I don't decorate for Christmas anymore, not even a tree up except on occasion when i am in a happier mood. Usually it just reminds me of all the many lonely Christmases my Mom & I had when I was a child and my much older siblings lived too far away to come in for holidays. Now it is the same thing with just Jerry & me since our son Jory lives so far away. He is not much on talking on the phone, so I rarely even get a call for holidays either.  hmm

I don't buy gifts for us, we get what we want all year long. There's no reason to waste extra money for gifts on a certain day. The only gifts I buy are the ones for my internet family meaning the Secret Santa and things like that!  hugu To me it is just another day on the calendar and actually we will be getting off work for our 4 Christmas morning. That means I will be sleeping most of the day anyway.

Ya'll all have a very Merry Christmas from Jerry & Me and enjoy it a little for Jerry and me too!! 
Report Spam   Logged
jules
my sweet jasper
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 20

julie

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 09:56:25 am »

Oh bless you de, I'd put up your tree and cheer up  :heart:

For about the fourth or fifth year running it will be just me, Tony and Jasper as no one visits and we don't get invited anywhere anymore, think because Tony can be so grumpy (I put most of it down to his illnesses and frustration) and will wander off to bed around dinner time, so I end up eating my dinner with Jasper and Tony has his later x

I've actually bought all my presents, and locally too. I didn't even go out of town this year. They just need wrapping up and cards writing out now. Going to my mums a couple of days before to take hers, my brothers and my uncles presents, as buses stop on Christmas eve, she lives 13 miles away. I'd love to stay over but I'd have to stay until after boxing day because of buses, but never mind :)
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 07:44:54 pm »

Going to get the tree up this week-end. Nothing bought yet as I've been working my butt off! Next check will be Christmas Eve.....ugh! Oh well, just the grandchildren, fuzzys & furrys to buy for, oh, yeah and son & DIL & hubby. No time, no money, but will get done somehow.
Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 04:59:30 pm »

Let's see how well that goes over with Codie :hehe:

:lol1: George, you know Codie too well  :grin: This wouldn't go down well at all with him! No one is allowed to tamper with his home  :hehe2:
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: