Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
December 05, 2021, 04:54:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Sorry I have been MIA again!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorry I have been MIA again!  (Read 48 times)
VTBirdLover

Badges: (View All)
« on: December 06, 2014, 01:08:51 pm »

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been on as much as I would like to be. I really miss coming on here and chatting with you guys! As many of you know, I had quite the hectic October. Just one thing after another. Then I startred November with my annual Scrapbook Retreat I put on over the first weekend of November! November was a good month but just very hectic and I've had no time for much extra stuff in my life these days.  But in the latter part of November I went to a Rick Springfield concert with my daughter. I've been a fan now for 33 years! Well I took the plunge and bought a meet and greet so my daughter could meet him. I met him in 2002 before. We had such a good time. I will be sure to share some pics when I have a chance.

It is amazing where the time goes this time of year. Most of November was also spent getting ready for the holiday season and now that we are into December, my time for fun stuff will not be any better. But I think of all of you often and hope to be a regular part of the forum again in the new year. I will pop on and off when I can and hope to post a few things in the next week!

Many hugs,
Blanca  smile3
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jules
my sweet jasper
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 20

julie

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 01:55:04 pm »

Hi Blanca, think we're all as bad as each other aren't we? Lol. Coming and going, keep in touch and hope you have a quieter new year  hugu

Would love to see your pics meeting Rick Springfield. Is he a singer? What does he sing or do Blanca?  thumb sounds like you had a good time anyway x
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 03:02:14 pm »

I'm just as guilty. As many know I work days and pick up extra hours on midnights, well I took so many hours I worked just under 40 hours the first week, 43 hours the second week. 49.5 hours the third week & 79.75 hours Thanksgiving week. I just had my first day off since Nov 23 on the 5th. Now I work all midnights until the 13th (70 hours) and will get 3 whole days off!!!  shk  I am now on midnights permanently, so I'll ONLY be working 40 hours a week, plus every now and again a extra 10 hour shift. It's been a crazy Nov and start to Dec.  pullhair But now we can rest easy with the bills.

Blanca!! Love Rick Springfield!! Ahhhhhhhh, the young don't know what they are missing.

http://www.vevo.com/watch/rick-springfield/What-Kind-Of-Fool-Am-I/USRV80600089
Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 04:41:30 pm »

Wow, it seems we are all mega busy at the moment!!  My house is just taking up every single minute of the day at the moment and I seem to be getting nowhere fast! Maybe, once christmas is over, I will start to see some light  smile3

It sounds like we all need a complete chill out day  :hehe2:

Nice to see you back, Blanca and Sondra  thumb
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 10:40:10 pm »

I knew you were busy with the holiday season Blanca what with your line of work! drool But wow you sure had a few extras thrower in for good measure  and to keep you running behind. (Another one of my favorite  songs~~Not Rick Springfield 's) I bet that was super awesome you and Morgan getting to meet him. I've always liked his songs.  thumb We mis you of course and never want to lose you on here that's for doubley sure.  hugu

Sondra, oh my you have certainly put in some heavy work hours!!  :faint: I feel for ya girl!! And I am one of the folks who can relate to the long night shift hours since I work 12 hr ones myself. But unlike you I do get a nice break with mine being 4 on & 4 off. I need to work overtime but I live so darn far away from work already and get very little sleep on work days with a collectively 5 hrs per work day/night.  cry

Sondra  I am so so glad you have remained here since us girls took this forum over.  hugu Your the only one of the originals who were here when I first joined back in 2012. I'm not faulting anyone who was here and has stopped coming over in any way. I'm just so glad you still love this place and we get to visit with you and get updates from you and your family/flock/furries!!  loveit2

Jules Rick Springfield  is an American (US) singer. A really fine singer at that, I believe his music falls in the POP category.  :grin:

I haven't been on as much as I should. I have a few projects I'm working  on and it is just so hard to post and do these other things as well.  sad8 If only I had Octopus  arms I could multitask  so much better!   :lol1:

Love each & everyone of you who come by to chat or just visit for a few mins. I have met and made some of the best friends since joining parrot forum, this one especially. 
grouphug
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 10:44:07 pm by Nakia » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: