Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
January 20, 2022, 11:55:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

November BP Photo Competition ~*Favorite Photo~Any Subject*~

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: November BP Photo Competition ~*Favorite Photo~Any Subject*~  (Read 210 times)
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 10:40:56 pm »

This is my absolute favorite photo of my life up to now.  loveuk It is a photo of my miniature poodle, Jon La Croix who I lost on January 8, 2008 at the age of 17yr.  cry This photo was taken a few yrs earlier during my black hair days, can't remember the exact year, but he was getting old already and had lots of trouble with arthritis.

I brought Jon La Croix home at the age of 6 wks 10 days after my black toy poodle of 10 yr died suddenly of kidney failure in January of 1991. He had abandonment issues due to his Mom dying when he & his little chocolate colored sister were born. His breeder hand raised them, but she worked full time and the pups were alone for hours at a time. Every time I left the house without him he would literally scream his barks & try to beat me to the door so he could go too.  slaph

When Jon La Croix was 9 yrs old he & my other top poodle Jeaux Ber rode on Jerry's truck back & forth across the US for 5 yrs. Both poodles had gotten to go through all the lower 48 states & Canada many times in those 5 yrs. Jon La Croix absolutely loved having me with him 24/7. It was the highlight of that boy's life!  :heart:

I still have a hole in my heart from losing Jon La Croix. I still miss him after almost 6 yrs. And losing him is the main reason I ended up with 6 of my 9 dogs within a yr after he died. Grieving can do really strange things to a person, even if it is 'Just A Dog!'  hugu

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: