Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
December 06, 2021, 09:10:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Offered to help raise money

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Offered to help raise money  (Read 55 times)
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Badges: (View All)
« on: October 27, 2014, 12:46:28 pm »

We have one rescue [I wish it was closer]. I offered to do Haircuts [Im a hairstylist]. At maybe a awareness function. Do you guys do anything with your rescues?
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 07:22:49 pm »

I used to do a lot with my local rescue....until the rescue ladies lost their freaking minds and almost sabotaged my purchase of Scarlet. After that we had words, they didn't see that they had done anything wrong and we parted company.
Report Spam   Logged

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 08:35:19 pm »

Grey, I don't know this side of things yet . Im sure it will be eye opening  :shrug:
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 11:45:05 pm »

Just found this thread, sorry Terri.  sad8

As far as parrot rescues, I don't have any close to me. The closest one I knew about through a search online was over 200 miles from me. They have a very strict adoption policy, makes me wonder how many folks actually pass mjuster with them and get to adopt the needy birds they keep?  think Browsing over their site is as far as I have ever delved into their place.  dknow

I donated $50.00 a month to a dog & cat rescue in Abilene for over 8 yrs, but recently I have had to quit due to my needing it more than they do (my personal opinion given the economy and money not stretching as far as it once did).  hmm

So, no I don't really do much for the good of needy birds, shame on me.  :ashmd: But in a way I feel my own birds need that little extra for food or toys just as much as the rescue birds do and I will just lavish it on my flock instead.  hugu
Report Spam   Logged
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 06:57:55 am »

I have contacted this place several time and they haven't gotten back to me. Maybe their burned out and just want me to send money. This really has changed my mode about this .So Ive been playing around with other ideas.Honestly I have to like the place to want to do this. So I am going to have to research more rescues [maybe some not in my area]. I know they need money for food and the expense of their facilities. I was thinking of maybe a pay it forward thing once a year [I know the economy is awful]. I myself was thinking  one days wages once a year [for myself]. Not everyone can do that so I was encouraging 10 ,15 ,20 dollars.Maybe a giftcard from Petco or something . Just a thought ,how what a difference if you could get a lot of people to do it.
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
jules
my sweet jasper
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 20

julie

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 03:55:36 pm »

There is a bird rescue about two miles away from me (only heard about it this last year or so) but I don't know much about it I'm afraid  sad8

I do give to other charities like Dogs Trust, I have a sponsor dog named Eric who I'll never see as he is in Ireland. I have sent toys to The Island Parrot Sanctuary way up north in Scotland and sent the occasional donation to Soft Landings Parrot Rescue over the pond in America. I am friends with Lisa Moser on Facebook, what a wonderful lady she is  :heart:

So there are many ways to help out if and when you can, maybe one day I will look up the one closest to me xxx
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: