Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
June 20, 2021, 07:43:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Spa day

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spa day  (Read 124 times)
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

Badges: (View All)
« on: October 04, 2014, 11:08:06 am »

Leyla Belle is NOT the only southern bell diva around here. Lucy went for a beak and nail trim this morning.........against her will. The day started with Jerry trying to take her out of her cage so we could leave. She got to the back of her cage up at the top and would not let go of the bars. So I go over and start prying her toes off the bars while Jerry kept trying from inside the cage. That didn't work. We open the dome of her cage and double team it from the top, finally managing to get that mad red head out. She was so mad at us that we put her in the carrier. Didn't trust her to not poop in my new car. She would have done that out of spite.

So we get to the vet's office just in the nick of time. Vet comes in weighs Lucy (she gained quite a bit of weight but wasn't over weight......yet. Then while Lucy's back was to her, the vet toweled her. Lucy let out a loud shriek and started biting the towel. Then the dremmels was turned on. Oh my! The diva attitude really came out then. All the thrashing and squawking!

Once all was said and done, the vet put her on the table and uncovered her. I wish I had taken a picture for you. Feathers were going in all different directions and the expression on her face was just priceless. no one could go near the table (except for Jerry) because she would charge them! Even the vet's hubby! We waited for a bit so she could calm down. We let her ride on Jerry's shoulder on the way home.

Then once we got home she got some cuddle time with her daddy, then he bathed her. Apparently, this is just not the Diva's day.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 11:21:39 am »

LOL, Deb, that is just so ungrateful of Lucy, especially as you were taking her somewhere to make her look beautiful  :hehe:
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 04:31:16 pm »

I can just picture the tag team effort trying to get her out   :hehe2:
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 09:50:58 pm »

rofl2 Oh my Miss Lucy you do play 'The Diva' part to the maxxxx!!!  :hehe: I can just hear "Scarlett O'Hara" (from "Gone With The Wind" for those who are a bit younger than me) clapping and saying, "You go girl!!"   Too bad you didn't have another person there to get video of this, Debs. I guarantee it would go viral on You Tube!!  laugh

Boy do I know the 'Red Head' Temper all too well.  :lol1: These two girls truly live up to that reputation.  headhammer

But I think Miss Lucy has Miss Leyla Belle beat.  laffhrd
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: