Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
November 30, 2021, 11:47:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

BP September Photo Competition *In Love*

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BP September Photo Competition *In Love*  (Read 178 times)
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Badges: (View All)
« on: September 04, 2014, 11:39:49 pm »

Hi Folks, I would like to announce the BP Photo Competition for the month of September is starting today. This month's subject/theme  was chosen by Rita (Rita) for winning last month's competition.  Rita Chose *In Love* for our subject/theme and this is what she said she would like to see in the photos you enter:  :grin:

"I've thought about a new topic for the contest, and what I would love to see is what I call: IN LOVE :heart: photo's, meaning photo's showing two pet-Parrots (or Cockatoos, Macaws, Conures or whatever combinations) that show their affection and love  :heart: to each other."

"Most members here own more than one parrot, so these birds might interact with each other and build up relationships of friendship and love, just like my CAG ALex & my U2 Maxi did!
They share these moments of preening and tenderness together each day! And I love to see them behave to each other in that way full of pure affection and love  :heart: for each other, because it's so beautiful and touching!"

"The photo's for the September Photo Contest should all be of pet-birds, so birds owned by the members of BP themselves of course!
I would love to get to know more of these kind of bird-combinations (pairs) that are "In Love"! :heart: , especially rare combinations of totally different species, and this is a good way to do that!"

Please remember to include your bird's name so we can add it to the photo for the poll at the end of this competition. 

All photos need to be entered right here on this page. Only one photo entry per competition. Every member including staff is eligible to participate, except the member donating the prize.

At this time we do not have a volunteer donation for this month's competition. If we do not get a donation the winner of this month's competition will just get recognition for having the most popular photo entry. If anyone would like to donate a small prize such as a $20.00 gift voucher to a favorite bird site or a handmade item you make as a hobby, please let one of us staff members know. All donations are greatly appreciated by everyone here on the BP Forum.  hugu

The winner of this month's competition will choose the subject/theme for October's photo competition.

The Competition will run from today September 4th til midnight (Central Standard Time in the US) on the 21st of September. On September 22nd Debra will be adding the Poll with all the photo entries for everyone to vote on their favorite entry.

Photo Competition Rules:

1. No copy write photos - Please make sure you have permission to use the photo you submit.
2. No photos depicting birds in dangerous situations.
3. Only one entry per competition - If you need to remove or change your submitted photo, please contact one of the staff members with your reason to do so. It is at our digression to determine
    the need for changes.
4. Keep photos within the subject/theme topic.
5. All photos need to be entered here on this page.
6. And last but not least - Let's all have fun!!

Good luck everyone and let's see those *In Love*  Photos!!  :woohoo: :bounce:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:45:42 pm by Nakia » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 02:22:43 am »

Looking forward to seeing all this months entries  smile3
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 10:14:30 am »

Beautiful, Blanca!
Report Spam   Logged

Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 11:30:53 am »

Awesomely beautiful photo, Blanca!! Buttercup looks just like she is whispering "Sweet Nothings' to Blueberry.  loveuk

Thanks for getting us started off with a perfect example of our parrots
*In Love*  :okay:
Report Spam   Logged
Rita
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 6

Me with my CAG Alex & my U2 Maxi

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 04:47:06 am »

Hello Blanca,

What a cute photo!  :mgc:
But....... please introduce both your birds to us please.
What species are they? What gender are they? And what are there names?

Greetings from the Netherlands,
Rita
Report Spam   Logged

Aug. 2014
Rita
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 6

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 05:43:25 am »

"hello2" Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forum friends,

Here is my photo for the September Photo Contest.

It would have been to easy to pick a "In Love"-photo of my U2 Maxi & my CAG Alex, so....................... I didn't.
I've chosen a photo of my male Jenday-Conure named "Jopie" preening the top of the had of his girlfriend,
the female Greencheek Conure (Cinamon mutation!) named "Kiwi".
They share an indoor aviary together and they fell in love  :heart: since the first day they met.
That was July the 1st. 2009, when I had bought Kiwi and put her, with my fingers crossed,
in the aviary with Jopie and back then several Cockatiels.
Shortly after that, the Cockatiels were moved by me to an exactly the same indoor aviary at another room.
I had to, due to Kiwi. Jopie never was unfriendly to thiose cockatiels before.
But fiesty Kiwi bit them in their toes. And because Kiwi did this and Jopie wanted to impress her,
he started to copie that nasty behaviour. (Well, what a guy all does for love :heart:!)
Since then Jopie & Kiwi share the aviary with no other birds. :woohoo:
They can't stand being out of eachothers sight.
When they are they keep calling to eachother constantly till they can see eachother again!
As you can see Kiwi really enjoys Jopie's preening-treatment. Kiwi has her eyes closed of pure enjoyment.
This photo was taken at March the 9th. 2012 (Number 127)! I hope you all do like this cute photo!

Rita
Report Spam   Logged

Aug. 2014
Rita
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 6

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 06:56:39 am »

"hello2" De'Andrea,

Thanks for updating your first message with the names, genders and species-name of those two cuties!
I didn't know it's possible to update an already sent message afterwards.I wish I knew how to do that?
Thanks for the compliment about my photo!

Have a nice weekend!

Rita
Report Spam   Logged

Aug. 2014
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 07:42:25 am »

Very pretty photo of Jopi and Kiwi. They definitely look like they adore each other.  :grin: Thank you for adding them here as your *In Love* entry.

Rita, Blanca updated her entry post by using the "Modify" button at the top right hand corner of her post. If you look at your upper right hand side of any of your posts there should be a "Modify" button up there. Click on that button and it will give you your original post in the "Post Reply" box. There you can edit your original writing. Once finished editing you click on the Save button at the bottom of the Reply box and it will post your edited version.
Report Spam   Logged
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 09:34:03 am »

Not exactly an *In Love* photo. This is Roscoe in the back & Angel in front getting his neck scritched. As most of you know these are my Catalina brothers who came home to me the same day and have remained best of friends.

This actual photo was taken about 2 months after they came to live with me in 2012, Angel was almost 1 yr old and Roscoe was 6 1/2months old. At that time they lived together in the same enclosure. They now live in their own enclosures beside each other, but I let Angel come visit Roscoe sometimes when he is in the mood. They still get along very well. hugu

None of my other 5 feathered kids get along with the next one, so this is as good as it gets with my flock.  :lol1:

Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 03:29:00 pm »

Beautiful pic of Jopi and Kiwi, Rita. They certainly look as if they are in love  :heart:

De, a gorgeous pic of the 2 brothers  smile3

Sorry, I only have Codie at the moment so I don't have any pics of him interacting with another bird :(
Report Spam   Logged

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 07:10:47 pm »

De'andrea I love it !!!
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 09:24:33 pm »

OK Folks!! There has to be more than 3 of us members here who have some kind of photo that you can enter for this month's competition. The birds of choice don't have to actually be *In Love*. They can be good friends that enjoy each other's company while out playing together.  thumb

Even you new members are eligible to enter. We don't have a post limit before you can participate. This is a very good way to get involved and show your feathered flock off to everyone.  handshappy

Let's see those birdie photos and make this a super competition this month!!  :grin: :bounce:
Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 04:52:50 am »

Okay, I have been told to enter this photo for the competition even though it is not Codie preening another Parrot! This is the nearest thing I am ever going to get showing Codie in love  :lol1: As you will see in this pic, he is totally in love with my Mum!

Report Spam   Logged

Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2014, 08:29:35 am »

Awesome Wendy!!  handshappy Yes I am one of the supporters of your entering this photo for our competition this month.   :grin:

I think the love displayed in Codie's eyes for your Mom and the sweet smiling look she is giving him back is a wonderful example of *In Love* and qualifies as a valid entry.  thumb
Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 03:40:35 am »

Thanks, Blanca! Harry and Sally do not come out of their cage. I can't ever get a pic of them snuggled up as they move as soon as I get near them :(
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: