Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
October 05, 2022, 09:39:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Sophie's story

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sophie's story  (Read 224 times)
roxynoodle
Super Moderator
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 12

Badges: (View All)
« on: June 01, 2014, 05:56:18 pm »

Sophie's story:

Merlin wanted an AG birdy friend.  I wasn't in the radius of any reputable rescue, but my vet was able to vouch for me with one she does the vetting for.  As soon as I heard Sophie was afraid of men and children, I said I would take her.

I picked her up on November 18.  I found out her previous owner was an older, Bosnian lady who moved into a small apartment, and wasn't allowed to keep her.  I asked if she said anything in Bosnian, or with an accent.  The rescue lady said, " No, honey, I'm sorry, she doesn't talk."

About an hour after we got home, Sophie said, "Hello." to me.  I laughed and said, "Oh, you do talk, and I think you have an accent!"

A bit later Sophie asked, "Who are you?". I told her I was Audrey and that she definitely has an accent.

Her Bosnian voice was the only one she showed me the first week or so, but she's up to 12 voices now!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 08:12:40 pm »

What a nice pleasant surprise :) Love rehomes [never know what else she might know :)]
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 02:41:09 am »

LOL, Audrey, I know how surprised you were when you got Sophie home and she started talking to you  smile3

It seems you have a bird that can talk in many different voices  laugh Now you have your new camera, you will have to try and get a video of her!
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Anne and Gang
Newbie Budgie

Like my post 1

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 04:41:06 am »

love Sophie stories!
Report Spam   Logged
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 06:28:31 am »

Awww, what a wonderful story Sophie has to tell!  hugu I would love to hear her accent in a video.

That must be awesome to hear her in so many voices and talking since she was thought to not.
  :twirl:
Report Spam   Logged
JudiNH
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 11

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 06:52:06 am »

That is so funny.  What a great surprise!
Report Spam   Logged
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 06:53:08 am »

well for a bird that doesnt talk that's pretty impressive!  laugh
she's such a beautiful lil girlie, inside AND out!   loveuk
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
roxynoodle
Super Moderator
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 12

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 09:15:50 am »

She must have been very scared in the rescue that she didn't talk.  She talks for hours here.  She doesn't have much of a vocabulary, but the different voices are very funny!

Well, I finally have a new camera, but the computer died (right after I spent all my money on medical bills for Pete and myself, of course)  :violin:

Hopefully I will have video soon.  A friend's bird who heard her over the phone now also says, "How are you?" With Sophie's accent.
Report Spam   Logged

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 09:26:21 am »

ya know, idk what your financial portfolio looks like  dmblaf  sorry  ashamed , couldnt resist   huh4  , my 'portfolio' is more like a post-it note.  lol  but anyway, at Tiger direct as well as walmart.com (both on the net) they have refurb comps for between $100 and $300 depending on what ya want and how desperate you are. just making a suggestion for your computer woes.  dknow
Report Spam   Logged

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
roxynoodle
Super Moderator
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 12

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 09:37:52 am »

ya know, idk what your financial portfolio looks like  dmblaf  sorry  ashamed , couldnt resist   huh4  , my 'portfolio' is more like a post-it note.  lol  but anyway, at Tiger direct as well as walmart.com (both on the net) they have refurb comps for between $100 and $300 depending on what ya want and how desperate you are. just making a suggestion for your computer woes.  dknow

I was looking at them, but at least 1/3 of the reviews said they constantly froze and crashed.  For $400 I could get a new, very fast, whitebox computer with a 3 year warranty and tech support.

I need to see what Pete's checkup costs before I do anything.
Report Spam   Logged

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 09:48:32 am »

i ended up getting one that was new but lower in price from tiger direct. so far so good.  thumb  when i looked at the reviews of the ones i was thinking about i noticed that the people who gave poor reviews were younger folks who used their comps for things i'm REALLY not interested in. the people in my age group who used their comps for the tasks i generally use mine for were happy with them. so i guess it depends on what you want it for. for example, right now i have 4 net windows open with one of them being netflix playing a movie and another being the chat window. i dont do the gaming online, even the simple ones so i dont need alot of processing power like the younger folks who do their games.

with that being said, of course, if ya can swing it i believe new is always better than refurb. but desperate situations call for desperate measures. i would DIE without a computer.  :deer:
Report Spam   Logged

roxynoodle
Super Moderator
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 12

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 10:02:29 am »

If it weren't for the tablet I would've lost my mind already  pullhair
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: