Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
December 09, 2022, 05:42:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

They lost the battle again!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: They lost the battle again!  (Read 50 times)
BrokenWing
Teacher Member
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

Badges: (View All)
« on: March 29, 2009, 11:30:20 am »

They lost the battle again!

UPDATE: H.F. 253 / S.F. 7

We have disappointing news:
H.F. 253 / S.F. 7 did not pass this year in the Minnesota legislature.

We all worked hard, together, to educate our legislators and encourage them to understand the problem of inhumane dog and cat breeding; unfortunately, there are certain Minnesota legislators who still do not believe a problem exists and do not understand the purpose of or need for regulation.

While this news is disappointing, we can't stop trying. Now, more than ever, we need to lead with hope and the belief that we will create change.

Mahatma Ghandi said: "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated." But he also said: "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

We will win. With respect and honesty, we will win the minds of legislators and the hearts of Minnesotans. We will change our communities to show that the inhumane treatment of dogs and cats in breeding facilities is not tolerated in our State.

With your help, H.F. 253 / S.F. 7 will pass in the 2010 Minnesota legislative session and breeders will be required to act responsibly. This is only the beginning.

Report Spam   Logged

When all is done that is asked from me and I can fly no higher, I pray this day his hand extends to welcome home a flier.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: