Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
October 02, 2022, 05:48:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

It's that time

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's that time  (Read 364 times)
BuffaloParrot

Badges: (View All)
« on: August 02, 2012, 09:31:07 pm »

Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums will be shut down in the very near future.  I do not know exactly when but will probably be within two weeks and not more than a months time.  Most of you are in contact with each other via FB etc but this will give many of you time to get addresses, phone numbers etc if need be.  This place has served it's purpose and has helped many of Parrots, pets, and humans in the almost 4 years of existance.  It has also helped to form friendships that will last I know.  This is much more than I or any of the founding Father's would have ever imagined but just as in the real world this too has run it's course and needs to come to an end.  There is no sadness here.  "I am" sorry for the new members here who have been so great (Yoshi, Grey, Nakia, cdsheid etc) and to them I do apologize.  It does not seem fair and it is just bad timing.  I know some will fight me on this but this has been inevitable and in my heart for quite some time.  I am honestly at peace with this so please do not think I harbor any anger, resentments, regret, etc.  It has nothing to do with that, it is just time is all.  I honestly do love all members here and thank you so much for your loyalty, contributions, and friendship through the years.  What a great bunch of people I tell ya!  worship  One request I will ask.  Remember thetim53 and keep him in your heart.  Love your Parrots and they will love you more  hugu     
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

grey782163
Sig
Super Moderator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 09:45:36 pm »

To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven. I thank you for welcoming me into the group. We will meet again. Until that day, remember good people attract good people, kindness begets kindness, and love conquers all. I take from each of you some valuable life lessons and hope I have helped as much as you have helped me. Thank you all, and a heartfelt thank you to D & Mar, without whom none of us would likely have been able to share as a community. D: hugu, All  grouphug

George Reymann
grey782163@aol.com
Report Spam   Logged

YoshiMike13
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 7

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 06:14:31 am »

Hey everyone, I loved it here! And I love you all. My email is M.Panio1331@yahoo.com :)
If anyone wants my cell, they are free to have it, just send me a pm and I will give it to you!
Report Spam   Logged
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 07:27:37 am »

sadbigeye cry
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
lorek
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 29

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 08:09:01 am »

okay taht's a major bummer i just moved and have internet again.... and i like the talking aspect with conversations as opposed to FB.  well, i'm sad to hear this but i'll have to adjust.  its been awhile since i could be on regularly but i've always loved this place.  its been great getting to know you all
Report Spam   Logged

Canary Winged Parakeet - Kiwi 2006-2012.  fly high baby boy, i miss you.
Normal Green Cheek Conure - Tumbler (4yo)
Turquoise Green Cheek Conure - Dart (3yo)
Illiger's Macaw - Anduin (15yo)
White Winged Parakeet - Mango (2yo)
Normal Cockatiel - Apollo (unknown)

Raised in Pennsylvania... now living on the outskirts of Kansas
YoshiMike13
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 7

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 08:10:42 am »

Yeah I know tozie, its so sad. And thank you D, for the great and wonderful forum fun we have here, we really are like a family.
Report Spam   Logged
looniebirds
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 32

Smile!

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 08:24:10 am »

Well, I'm sorry to hear this, even though I haven't been that active lately.  Even when I didn't comment on anything, I still came here every day, this forum was still always a constant for me, and whether anyone believes me or not, I will miss it.  And D, if you ever decide to reopen BP, I will be there.
Report Spam   Logged

BilboMisty
Hahn's Member

Like my post 17

Of all the animals, Parrots chose me! <3

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 09:50:54 am »

Oh man....I didn't really see this coming.  cwy

Well D, thank you SO MUCH for all you have done. And to the rest of my family here. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this place, and always will. As said, everything has a time. As sad as it may be, life takes twists and turns. But I want everyone to know, I will still be around...whether email or FB, or by phone. All ya need to do is ask!

Brittney
dutchbluepiedlovebird@hotmail.com

If ya want my address and number, please ask and i will give it to ya!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!  hugu hugu
Report Spam   Logged

Noah Adam Francisco, Born January 8th, 2013

Momma to:
1 Cockatiel--Peanut
1 Pacific Parrotlet-- Clover
I MISS YOU COOPER!
FLY HIGH MISTY!! 03-12-2008 to 10-19-2010 I MISS YOU BABY GIRL!
1 Dutch Blue Pied Female Lovebird--Flicka: Fly High sweetheart, We will miss you!
1 Calico Kitty--Kaya
1 Dark Eyed White Ferret, female; Jinx
wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 11:12:33 am »

No.
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 12:14:10 pm »

This sucks!
Report Spam   Logged
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 12:44:08 pm »

I am so saddened by this but I understand D.  I will miss everyone and this place. 

I am kinda speechless so I will just say Thank you D for the time spent on BP.
Report Spam   Logged

Debz
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 32

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 01:01:52 pm »

I agree with D. This place was once my Narnia. When a Narnia was needed. Now I'm in a different place being driven in different directions. New stressors, new and old joys and having less time and less devotion to blog in detail about it. I've loved the time spent here, but I for one, feel the need to move onward and upward.  grouphug
Report Spam   Logged

Pippo -4 year old normal gray male tiel
Catania -3.5 year old pearl lutino female tiel
Home in Colorado
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 04:57:30 pm »

I really don't know where to begin on this & it is very hard to see the right keys through the tears. I kinda' had a feeling this would happen pretty soon. I wanted to do more here to get newer members to open up, but I just couldn't quite accomplish it. I do understand the reasons and the need to close our 'foraging & roosting' place, but it still hurts very badly. I have enjoyed everyone and every minute I have been here, tho' it hasn't been quite 8 months.

I really mean it when I tell you "I luv ya' Big Guy "D" and I will miss all your cooking sessions. Along with all those crazy stories tozie posted everyday about her parronting. There have been so many special folks that I met through here. I will not forget a single one of you & I will always love ya'll & this place!!! cry sadboy3

I am on FB and anyone who wants to keep in touch with me that does not have FB or just wants to chat, this is my email addy: snakeatheart18@yahoo.com. If you email me I will get back to you. On work days I don't always have time to chat much, but I definitely will appreciate a "How Ya' Doin'" anytime! happyjack
Report Spam   Logged
BirdCrazy
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 18

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 09:23:52 pm »

Oh no! I am greatly saddened by this. This place was my go to for so many things ...especially if I needed a quick answer.  Guess ill need to go back over to BC if its still going. :(

I'm on facebook. For whoever wants my info that I don't have friendws yet, email me at hardworkingirl77@hotmail.com to chat or get my fb info.

Not sure of all the reasons, but it has been great while it lasted!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: