Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
October 02, 2022, 02:06:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

darn squirrels

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: darn squirrels  (Read 135 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
« on: August 19, 2011, 06:32:28 pm »

i've told a few people here that i have a couple pecan trees in my yard. and unlike previous years, this year seems to be a good "crop" the branches are heavy with pecans. so i take darla out this evening for her nightly "run." basically i go out in the back yard and she runs around me like a little greyhound on crack. its great for her to use up all that puppy energy. so i hear something hit the ground. ploink! hmmm.. confused and again ploink!  hmm  then i hear the tree rustling and another ploink!  :deer:  wth?? i look up... scared1  then  oh  it's a freaking squirrel! he's jumping from branch to branch knocking the pecans loose so he can come gather them up off the ground!  naughty i'm like Hey! go get your own pecan tree!! yelling at a squirrel... the neighbors already think i'm crazy....  slaph  oh well, at least he's not stealing my pinecones too.  :pit: 

smile3

on a side note, didja know that the juice from the casing around the pecan turns your hands brown?? and it smells.... weird. but it is definitely a pecan. i was in doubt for a bit, but nope its a pecan.  thumb
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 10:13:01 pm »

Make me some pie! dinner  Pecan, not squirrel.  Gotta be specific with you Southern folk :smokinjoe:
Report Spam   Logged
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 07:07:51 am »

I remember that smell! I love it! We used to "paint our faces with the skin when we were playing cowboys and Indians.........mom said no mud, so we improvised! It doesn't wash off!!! bugeye Went to school with lines on my face, could've been worse, could've been used as camo!
Report Spam   Logged
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 07:25:02 am »

Make me some pie! dinner  Pecan, not squirrel.  Gotta be specific with you Southern folk :smokinjoe:

laugh laffhrd  but i dont LIKE pecan pie... or squirrel pie either for that matter.
one year i had to run some kids outta my yard they wanted to shoot my squirrels, to eat!  slaph
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 10:10:03 am »

Are they safe for the fiddies to eat? Mine love pecans. I have a whole slew of sweet peas in the yard. Buddy just about goes nuts when I bring her in some.
Report Spam   Logged

“My brother and sister birds, you should praise your Creator and always love him: He gave you feathers for clothes, wings to fly and all other things that you need. It is God who made you noble among all creatures, making your home in thin, pure air. Without sowing or reaping, you receive God’s guidance and protection.”
St. Francis of Assissi

My rescued and adopted feathered family...
Zebra Finches - The widow Mary Meeper & her new beau Joey Peepers, Leo and all the "kids"
The Quakes - Jade & Buddy & Ducky
"Sunday" Conure - Bella
Canary Wing Parakeets - Dexter and Morgan
The Budgies - Waldo, Wanda,  Pixie, and Violet
Fly high little Johnny Meeper  - flew to the Rainbow Bridge 1-6-2010
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 10:41:20 am »

Yoshi loves pecans, the others can take it or leave it.

Poor squirrel is gonna go hungry this winter cuz of you shooing him off Tozie.  smile3
Report Spam   Logged

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 11:54:13 am »

Actually, squirrel is pretty tasty too dknow
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: