Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 19, 2024, 02:42:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Garthy-poo

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Garthy-poo  (Read 498 times)
NH Bird Mom
Crazy Bird Mom
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 14

Phoebe

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 01:16:37 pm »

So sorry, Debz.  <<Hugz>>   sadbigeye
Report Spam   Logged

NH Bird Mom (Robin)
(aka-Kermitsmom)
Debz
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 32

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 01:56:54 pm »

thanks  for the kind words guys.  I'm still in the "shocked" can't believe he's gone stage, cause it was so quick.
 I planned so many things to do with him in the fall. I had finally put  him and Pebbles started on Glucosamine and Chondroitin supplements. I was ready for their senior years. He was the kind of personality that very quickly bonded with me. No other human could compare. Always by my side or checking up on me when he and I was out of site from each other for to long.  He got into the comfortable habit to monitor the fids. Remember how I told you he would come get me whenever he saw the fids doing something they weren't sopose to do? People would stop me in the street and ask "what he was", I would tell then that he was a Garth breed. Part horse and part Chiwawa.  * sheesh* cwy
Report Spam   Logged

Pippo -4 year old normal gray male tiel
Catania -3.5 year old pearl lutino female tiel
Home in Colorado
angelicarboreals

Like my post 16

Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 06:16:09 pm »

Debz I am so so sorry. An animal passing is never easy, when I think of the pets I have lost I still want to cry. My heart goes out to you.
Report Spam   Logged

So many birdies.....so little time. :)
vistosmommy

Like my post 9

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 06:20:44 am »

Debz I am so sorry.  I read your post and starting crying.  I wish I had words to help make the pain go for you, but words sometimes arent enough.  Like others have said, hold on to the memories and loving times.  My Savannah is up there in age and as my mother in law would say on borrowed time.  I have been taking pictures of her and trying to hold on to memories for when her time comes.  My heart goes out to you and have you in my thoughts.
Report Spam   Logged
lorek
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 29

Level 5 Search Level 4
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 10:12:09 am »

Debz, I know I'm a little late in posting but every day I've thought of you and how you are doing.  This is an unimaginable amount of pain. My pups too is 9 so it rings home in a way. I hope pebbles, pippo, and cat are helping you through. Know that you are still in my thoughts <3
Report Spam   Logged

Canary Winged Parakeet - Kiwi 2006-2012.  fly high baby boy, i miss you.
Normal Green Cheek Conure - Tumbler (4yo)
Turquoise Green Cheek Conure - Dart (3yo)
Illiger's Macaw - Anduin (15yo)
White Winged Parakeet - Mango (2yo)
Normal Cockatiel - Apollo (unknown)

Raised in Pennsylvania... now living on the outskirts of Kansas
Debz
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 32

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 11:56:09 am »

Well, only because you asked...but be warned, this is not "feel good, made my day" kinda stuff.
You know the painting of the distorted person "the scream" by E. Munch? stick some curly hair on it and it's me. In fact...
this is a painting I did a looong time ago.  Pretty much how I feel.

Garth, was my friend, and bird sitter. dmblaf I would not be surprised if he decided to not cross over the rainbow just so that he can lay next to me and go where I go. That was his life. To chase squirrels and hang out with mom. Our favorite time of the day was the evenings. When the birds where no longer a distraction and we watch tv and relax. He loved watching tv! He knew ever dog and cat commercial. And did not know what to make of horses.  dmblaf Big dog?  or monster??  He was always very protective of me. He would wedge himself between me and anybody in front of me. Let out a very low warning growl if he did not for whatever reason like the person. Never needed to be any scarier then that. You'd have to be a fool to confront a dog that size.
During his last moments, I kept telling him that he was going to take a "ditto nap" I held him.. actually, too big to hold, I "spooned" with him on the floor. I was the soft voice in his ear, telling him to close his eyes and I felt his body relax into mine.  It was too soon. He had turned 9 July 14.  
Right now, I am angry! I hate all dogs! Looking at Pebbles is like a sharp thorn. I know it isnt her fault. In fact, she still goes around the house looking for him. They were like an old married couple. Not necessarily always in agreement with each other yet, out of habit sit together and kiss each other goodnight at the end of the day.  I find myself looking through various adoption venues not because I want to replace him but because I am looking for HIM. as if he's lost out there...   cry all alone... cry
Report Spam   Logged

Home in Colorado
wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 01:46:45 pm »

oh GOd Debz, you have me crying over here..  cwy  I ammm soooooo sad for you, so very sad.  2sadk
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 03:54:32 pm »

oh deb i'm so sorry. i sit here with tears in my eyes. i can only imagine your pain. my fear is that i'll know it only too well, ole rocko is 11 and i know his days are numbered. i wish there were words. there are none. what can i say that you dont already know? all i can say is i'm truly sorry for your pain.
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Mi Amore
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 16

for the love of all living things great and small

Linux User Mobile User Level 4
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 05:15:35 pm »

debz again i am so so sorry hugu
i dont know what to say to ease the pain because i know from experience words dont ease the pain. i am here crying for you because i know that pain all to well. you may not see him physically but you will always see him with your heart. take your time never ever push the grieving process. you did what only a mother would and ease the pain of her child. he loved you and he will always love you. i dont think our loved ones cross over to the bridge right away,i think they stay with us for a little while to help us through those first few days or weeks. i am here to listen if you need me  hugu
Report Spam   Logged

Debz
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 32

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 06:23:12 pm »

thanks everyone
Report Spam   Logged

Home in Colorado
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 07:00:35 pm »

Come here gal! hugu
Report Spam   Logged
Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 09:53:14 am »

Debz, I really am sorry to hear about Garth. I know you loved him very much.
Report Spam   Logged

“My brother and sister birds, you should praise your Creator and always love him: He gave you feathers for clothes, wings to fly and all other things that you need. It is God who made you noble among all creatures, making your home in thin, pure air. Without sowing or reaping, you receive God’s guidance and protection.”
St. Francis of Assissi

My rescued and adopted feathered family...
Zebra Finches - The widow Mary Meeper & her new beau Joey Peepers, Leo and all the "kids"
The Quakes - Jade & Buddy & Ducky
"Sunday" Conure - Bella
Canary Wing Parakeets - Dexter and Morgan
The Budgies - Waldo, Wanda,  Pixie, and Violet
Fly high little Johnny Meeper  - flew to the Rainbow Bridge 1-6-2010
Debz
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 32

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 10:29:09 am »

Thanks, Jades.