Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 18, 2024, 09:19:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

simply wonderful

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: simply wonderful  (Read 259 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: June 28, 2011, 05:52:57 pm »

the key word being "simple."  i've found that its the simple toys that get the most mileage around here. for marley, who loves to make confetti but is too lazy for the pine, its a few pieces of balsa wood strung onto a curley scrap of wicker leftover from a dismantled wicker ball. i'm serious, after he demolished the first two pieces of wood in a matter of  10 minutes, i took the wicker and was stringing 4 more pieces, he leaped on my shoulder and shimmeyed over to the wood and began chewing as i was still stringing it! for ollie? two of those cardboard birdie bagels from CA Birdnerds on a piece of sisal twine, he's thrilled to death for the better part of half an hour! Skittles? an empty water bottle with about a dozen wooden beads inside and  tied to the cage with sisal twine. he beat that bottle to death for a good 20 minutes.  twiggy? a piece of cotton rope with a small plastic ring tied to each end. she carried it all over the cage for a good 15 minutes then added it to her "nest."  all the parts cost about $1 (not counting the pieces that were leftovers) and tho it wasnt quiet peace, it was still peace cause everyone was engrossed in his or her toy without my assistance. throw in an empty water jug for the pup and i was actually free to do what i wanted with no animal interruptions for nearly half an hour!!
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 11:32:37 am »

I agree with ya the SIMPLE ones are the best!

Zuri's fav is an old T shirt I cut into strips and tied together.  Yoshi loves those cat balls with the ball inside and Bathroom cups for noisemakers and for shreaders nothing beats the cheap plain paper plates.  HW will play with a bottle for quite a while and forrage in a jello box for about 15 - 20 min.
Report Spam   Logged

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 12:47:48 pm »

clap ..  thumb
Report Spam   Logged
patti3birds
Proud mom
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 13

Soaring on the Wings of Love

Windows User Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 01:08:50 pm »

That is Great, at least you havem Pegged. thumb Down to teh smaller things in life that make them Happy.

I...Always worry for the next toy and next thing to keep them Busy... slaph I never knew that I was  going to be so Anal about having Fids.......... slaph

thumb
Report Spam   Logged

Charlie- Green Winged Macaw
Peyote Tomas- Sunday Conure
Molly- Sun Conure

All Loved and adored By me: Patti

Axel--Feb 08, 2008-Jan 3, 2011** For whom taught me Bird Love**
Rose-- you too my sweet girl Dec 27, 2011
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: