Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 04:27:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Deals at Petco

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deals at Petco  (Read 290 times)
Bird_Lover
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 9

Badges: (View All)
Windows User Level 5 Combination
« on: March 12, 2009, 01:01:30 pm »

Both of my local Petco stores are undergoing renovation, so they had a bunch of stuff on sale.  At one, a bunch of the forage-wise toys were way on sale--I got the "barrel of fun" toy for $4!  Those little pinyata toys were 30 cents, so I bought the two that they had left (I wish there was more!).  My best find was one of those parrot stands on wheels.  You know, the ones with dishes on either side of the perch and the stainless steel poo catcher?  Anyway, I found one that was broken (one of the welds broke, but my dad can fix it) and the store manager gave it to me for $10!  It normally sells for $119!  If only I could convince the fids that it is not scary--Orrin especially hates it.  :o

One of the Petco's near me is back to only selling budgies and tiels--they were selling conures before.  I'm glad they are sticking to the smaller birds--some of the conures would be there for months at a time.  :-[
Report Spam   Logged

| Lady, Cockatiel | Orrin, Peach Fronted Conure | Rylee, Sun Conure | Apple-Jack, Hybrid Lovebird | Keiko, Zu, Savvy, Pagosa, Krickett, and Rhaine, the Budgies |

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

macawlover2
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 22

Search Webmaster Windows User
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 01:36:38 pm »

LUCKY!!!! I LOVE Petco clearance items!! Those are great buys! 30 cents for a pinata?!  :o Wow!
Report Spam   Logged

Blue & Gold Macaw- Cheyenne
Plus reptiles reptiles reptiles!
zimbasmom
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 24

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 03:12:27 pm »

The one close to me already remodeled a few months ago but I will swing by and check and see what is going on there...you never know! I love a good bird toy sale  AddEmoticons04239
Report Spam   Logged

The difference between kids and parrots is that it's funny when a parrot talks back.

www.macawsandmore.com
Home: Houston, TX
1 Loved Congo African Grey~Zimba
2 Spoiled Cats
Bunch of Salt Water Fishies
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 03:58:53 pm »

What awesome deals!  Lucky YOU! >:(  I will have to check mine out soon as I am on VACATION and will have the time! AddEmoticons04239
Report Spam   Logged
looniebirds
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 32

Smile!

Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 04:42:24 pm »

The one near me is brand new, so I can probably forget about any deals.  >:(  They only sell tiels and budgies also. :)
Report Spam   Logged

BirdCrazy
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 18

Search Level 5 Linux User
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 03:24:28 pm »

Too bad my Petco is an hour away...They had a some GCCs there in addition to a bunch of smaller birds.  If I had stayed 5 minutes longer in the bird enclosure the last time I was there, I would have brought a 3 month old GCC home with me...hehe He was so friendly! Just wanted to play with me and have me scratch his head.

I like their selection of toys and stuff...they're just too far away for me to go over the mountain on a regular basis for. :(
Report Spam   Logged

Heartlets
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 16

Crowies!!

Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 11:14:00 pm »

LUCKY! the best deal i ever found at a chain pet store was a rope toy for a dollar.   ;)
Report Spam   Logged

~*♥ www.corvid337.deviantart.com ♥*~-----(see my art and my fids♥)
~*♥ www.crowies.webs.com ♥*~-----(my wild bird photos)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: