Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 19, 2024, 10:45:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

bath day

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bath day  (Read 147 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: February 27, 2011, 11:54:09 am »

yesterday i cleaned house today i cleaned fiddies.  dmblaf  so i took skittles in the bathroom first, he loves to shower and play around, climbing me like i'm a jungle gym! lol! then ollie, he likes the spray bottle but i guess i never can get his face clean enough. so he sits in the water dish and washes his face while i spray the rest. marley, too, loves that spray bottle. since ollie came here, marley has decided that the spray bottle is much better than the sink. however, if momma doesnt do the rain dance regularly, marley will get his pretty white t-shirt pristine in the waterdish.  dmblaf so i'm standing between ollie and marley, spraying frantically back and forth. they dont believe in taking turns. i cant convince either one to go second, so i just go back and forth between them. anyway, i feel something wet by my toes... its skittles!! and he was running! he climbed right up into marley's cage! thank goodness, marley had chosen that moment to jump on my shoulder and was leaf bathing in my hair, which is also soaking wet, thanks to skittles' shower. so i put marley in the kitchen window and temporarily suspend the bathing, trying to get skittles out of marley's cage.  slaph  now for those of you who dont remember, skittles is afraid of the squirt bottle, his previous owner used one to punish him.   somad   i've been trying to help him get over it by letting him touch it, hold it, and gently spraying it into the air over him and i together. he always screams in fear and runs to the highest point he can. well, i took this opportunity to try it again. i let him touch it, he mouthed it a bit. i squirted it in the air over him so the water would drift down through the bars. and he actually enjoyed it!  handshappy  i gave him another squirt, and he was happily flapping and making some of his macaw happy noises. now ya have to remember, he's squashed his big macaw self into marley's cage, so the flapping was not very complete.  dmblaf  so after a few happy squirts i convinced him to go into the kitchen and sprayed him a bit in there. he was a happy fid!  so after that, marley went back to his room and the dueling baths continued.  dmblaf

its a banner day here!! i'm so proud of skittles for overcoming his fear and realizing that the squirt bottle is fun. now we have three soggy fiddies, dripping all over the place. (twiggy declined a bath today. she claims to have bathed in her water dish yesterday. ) and one soggy momma, too! marley is happily drying in the sun in his favorite kitchen window. skittles is sitting atop his totem pole happily rubbing his head. and ollie is sitting on his bedroom door, dozing. <sigh> nothing better than happy fiddies.  loveuk
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 01:13:46 pm »

Nice job on getting Marley to overcome his fear of water bottles!  thumb Now you'll need one of those misters people use for pesticide to give shower! LOL!

Wanna let me send you Powder for a while? He's terrified of water bottles too! I've let him check out the bottle, played by myself under the spray, squited hubs with one while he squirts me, bathed the other birds in his presence. Nothing helps him overcome that fear. We can't even carry a shoe when the ferrets carry one off or he'll freak. Like Marley, Powder was punished with the squirt bottle as well as shoes, sticks, and hands (if we move too fast he'l take off or bite). When we give him a squirt bottle he will tear it to bits & I let him. LOL!! I just can't get him over these fears even after all these years......sigh
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 01:15:23 pm by Sondra » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: