Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 18, 2024, 06:03:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The slow death of north America.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The slow death of north America.  (Read 152 times)
BrokenWing
Teacher Member
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« on: March 02, 2009, 08:13:32 am »

BrokenWing Chronicles
The slow death of north America.

Obama will fix this, said one American.

Please walk with me as I show you how freedom Will destroy FREEDOM.

Americans are wealthy and they thrive on freedom, freedom they will abuse and most important, they will allow others to come and embrace Freedom, after all, is this not the foundation of her birth?

How many can she support, this land of freedom, how many mouths can she feed?

As thousands and thousands of immigrants pored into America to embrace freedom and to help America grow, a Icon arrived as a gift to honor her for what she stands for, The statue of liberty.
"Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free..."

Maybe now, just maybe, we should have shipped her back to France and said at that time, Thank you, but we have enough now to start this great country..but that would be going against all we stand for...

Trade
We work, we build, we wish to trade with other countries, buy our product and we will buy yours.
This is but one ship of many that come to America each day......from China...
Where do such profits go?
How many ships loaded as such of American products go out, I have yet to find one picture.
Fact.
Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, 85% of there products come on such ships, they pay there employee's pennies, but yet offer upper management wealth, a recent CEO of the Home Depot was paid 160 million, just to go away...just to go away.....
China's business men are extremely wealthy right now and we Americans owe China 2-3 trillion dollars....think about that...
Fact, the amount of other countries that have set up shop here in America and built there cars are taking Americans money back home, Honda, Audi, and the list goes on and on...
And we Americans...allow it...we support it....and our auto makers struggle and beg for tax payers money, all for freedom.

Now wait....
But....But....I am not dead yet....as other's move in to clean up Americas body....

Now we send our young people into other countries to fight for that countries freedom and to embrace democracy...at our costs...our peoples lives....
And  we can't secure our own boarders, now we have thousands if not millions of illegals in our homeland, not paying taxes, working, and sending home money to there family's in Mexico...
While the American family sits down to an empty table..starving..our own children...
But here's the kicker, thousands of Americans come out of the walls defending there RIGHTS to be here....

I am not done yet...almost...
It was freedom that killed over 3,000 people on 911.
It is freedom that allows all these illegals into the USA.
It is freedom that continues to draw others to this land to pick our Freedom apart...

For hundreds of years, freedom has been destroying itself, now...today...we Americans aren't so wealthy, many families are struggling, starving, loosing there homes, cars, and sit back and point the finger at the Government.

Many, many others have always said...buy American...the most do not...they wish to save a buck.
Do other countries buy as much as they sell here in our country?
At the Home Depot, you can destroy America...and we can help.....
Give up your freedom at Menards....

Before our economy showed such stress, gas was nearing 4 dollars per gallon, and the very same countries we either liberated, or faught for, raised the prices of there crude oil...

There are answers...
Turn those ships around that come from other countries, when they start doing Honest trading with us Americans, then we will re-think allowing there products into our country.
Americans are starving, bring our people home that are fighting and giving there lives in other countries, and secure our boarders, round up those that are here and get them out of here and keep them out, millions of Jobs will open up.
Buy American, rebuild our wealth by supporting our own workers....

America is being eaten alive, by her own values and principles.
And what I find most ironic, her very own people are supporting her destruction...

Many people know when they are being CON ed....hmmmmmmm....

Big buisness men and women "Americans" are sitting down right now with other countries helping to destroy America and what she stands for, and when its all done and said, they will move out of the country into one of there many homes....
While we Americans...loose the only home we have...

Sooooo, stop in at The Home Depot and other such places, grab a product off the shelve, flip it over and read where that product comes from, if it doesn't say made in America on it...don't buy it.
We Americans have made the bed we currently sleep in, Know this, Understand this, and most important, Change this.....Obama...can not fix what we Americans have broken.....

Oh, America will never die..........she's dieing right now......and SHE is being eaten...alive.....

Yep
BrokenWings Words
Report Spam   Logged

When all is done that is asked from me and I can fly no higher, I pray this day his hand extends to welcome home a flier.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BrokenWing
Teacher Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 08:32:06 am »

I googled (Ships loaded with product on its way to America) and found many pictures as I have posted above.
I googled (ships loaded with American product heading for other countries) and found pictures of ships loaded with refugees heading for America.....no such American Products heading for other countries...
Hows that for a wake up call......
All......ALL...for freedom.

BrokenWing
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 03:35:07 pm by BrokenWing » Report Spam   Logged

When all is done that is asked from me and I can fly no higher, I pray this day his hand extends to welcome home a flier.
BrokenWing
Teacher Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 08:52:33 am »

Ford Motors.

William Clay Ford, Jr.
Executive Chairman
Total Compensation
$5.14 million
5-Year Compensation Total
$15.78 million

Alan Mulally
President and Chief Executive Officer
Alan Mulally, Ford president and chief executive officer, earned
$2,000,000 in salary and received incentive bonus awards of $7 million.
Total 2007 compensation was $21,670,674, which includes salary,
bonuses, the Company-recognized expense for stock options and other
stock-based awards, as well as all other compensation.

Michael E. Bannister
Executive Vice President
(Chairman & CEO Ford Motor Credit Company.
Mike Bannister, Ford executive vice president and CEO, Ford Motor
Credit Company earned $708,700 in salary and received incentive bonus
awards of $2,150,000.  His 2007 compensation totaled $8,677,747.

Don Leclair, Ford executive vice president and chief financial officer,
earned $1,005,633 in salary and received incentive bonus awards of $3
million.  His 2007 compensation totaled $11,703,127.

Lewis Booth, Ford executive vice president, Ford of Europe and Premier
Automotive Group, earned $868,133 in salary and received incentive
bonus awards of $2,250,000.  His 2007 compensation totaled $10,264,463.

Mark Fields, Ford executive vice president and president, The Americas,
earned $1,255,634 in salary and received incentive bonus awards of
$2,850,000.  His 2007 compensation totaled $8,389,898.

The average Ford worker makes $50,000 a year without overtime.

(CNN) -- Some lawmakers lashed out at the CEOs of the Big Three auto companies Wednesday for flying private jets to Washington to request taxpayer bailout money.

At Wednesday's hearing, Rep. Brad Sherman, D-California, pressed the private-jet issue, asking the three CEOs to "raise their hand if they flew here commercial."

"Let the record show, no hands went up," Sherman said. "Second, I'm going to ask you to raise your hand if you are planning to sell your jet in place now and fly back commercial. Let the record show, no hands went up."

The executives did not specifically respond to those remarks. In their testimony, they said they are streamlining business operations in general.

Chrysler spokeswoman Lori McTavish said in a statement, "while always being mindful of company costs, all business travel requires the highest standard of safety for all employees."

Ford spokeswoman Kelli Felker pointed to the company's travel policy and did not provide a statement elaborating.

Analyst Richard Aboulafia of the Teal Group said that $20,000 is a legitimate ballpark figure for a round trip corporate jet flight between Detroit, Michigan, and Washington.

When asked whether they plan to change their travel policies as part of the restructuring needed to shore up their finances, none of the companies answered directly. But they said they have cut back on travel in general as revenues have fallen.

Ford Company, DEARBORN, Mich. - Ford Motor Co., the nation’s second-largest automaker, said Monday that it will cut 25,000 to 30,000 jobs and close 14 facilities by 2012 as part of a restructuring designed to reverse a $1.6 billion loss last year in its North American operations.

The Home Depot,
FRANCIS S. BLAKE, Chairman of The Home Depot
Salary
$1.01 M
Bonus
$500,000.00
Total Cash Compensation
$1.51 M
Other Annual Compensation
$—
Total Annual Compensation
$1.51 M
Long Term Incentive Plan
$0.00
All Others
$4.79 M
Total Compensation:
$6.30 M

CAROL B. TOME, age 51, has been Chief Financial Officer since May 2001 and Executive Vice President.
Salary
$907,115.00
Bonus
$328,125.00
Total Cash Compensation
$1.24 M
Other Annual Compensation
$—
Total Annual Compensation
$1.24 M
Long Term Incentive Plan
$0.00
All Others
$2.98 M
Total Compensation:
$4.21 M

The average income of a Home Depot employee depending on qualifications.
7.80/hr.

Home Depot imports products from around the world. However, today, China is the largest source of these imported products which include lighting fixtures, fans, flooring, bath accessories, faucets, hardware and tools.

"We have the advantage of over 10 years of China experience as we open these offices," said Goodwin. "Several of our proprietary brands, such as Ryobi, Hampton Bay, and Glacier Bay are already made in China. The success of these brands has been based on direct factory relationships and partnerships. We will dramatically grow our base of suppliers throughout Asia."

The Home Depot currently imports products from some 40 countries. The company has said it intends to grow its imports to some 10% of the sales in its stores. Presently, these products are housed in seven huge import distribution centers (IDC), around the United States ranging between 750,000 square feet to 1.4 million square feet. Plans are already in place to build additional import distribution centers to accommodate the growth of direct imports.

The Home Depot proudly flies the American Flag over its many stores, all to save you, the American money, They close down a store, and build another new one.

Illegal immigration,

# Between March of 2000 and 2004, the number of unemployed adult natives increased by 2.3 million, while the number of employed adult immigrants increased by 2.3 million.

# Half of the 2.3 million increase in immigrant employment since 2000 is estimated to be from illegal immigration.

80,000 lost jobs in March, over 200,000 jobs lost since the first of the year…curious here, how many of those jobs were LOST BY ILLEGAL ALIENS? How can all three Presidential Candidates support AMNESTY and a pathway to citizenship when illegal aliens hold MILLIONS of JOBS rightfully belonging to American Citizens, and where is the mainstream media in asking the candidates this important question.

The first study of the net cost of illegal immigration to American taxpayers was conducted in 1997 by Dr. Donald Huddle, Professor Emeritus of Economics at Rice University. That study concluded that from 1970 to 1997, illegal immigration had cost taxpayers over $69 billion. Obviously, the financial numbers have exploded since then.

Furthermore, during 1996 alone, more than 2.3 million American workers were displaced by (mostly) illegal aliens. Harvard Professor George Borjas estimates that today American workers lose $133 billion per year in wage depression and job loss.

Seventy-eight percent of Americans polled in a survey said they believe illegal immigrations living in the U.S. should be allowed to pursue citizenship, according to a USA Today/Gallup poll conducted April 13-15.

Illegal immigrants are working skilled trades, American families are with out work.

How did you manage to support your families today Americans?

The Iraq war
Consider the costs...
$4,681 per household.
$1,721 per person.
$341.4 million per day.

Water on Mars/NASA

Do you think it is so important? Is it worth spending billions of dollars trying to find water on Mars? Or would the money be better spent trying to find sources of clean water for the inhabitants of Earth? What does our fascination with outer space tell us about ourselves?

BOULDER, Colo. - As NASA and its industrial army march forward to the space shuttle program's return to flight, a new assessment has been made on the program’s overall price tag to the taxpayer.

The data show that over the entire lifetime of the the space shuttle program the cost has been $145 billion, and about $112 billion since the program became operational.

Furthermore, the average cost per flight has been about $1.3 billion over the life of the program and about $750 million over its most recent five years of operations.

Q. How much does it cost to launch a Space Shuttle?
A. The average cost to launch a Space Shuttle is about $450 million per mission.

There's only one tank attached to the shuttle, not counting the boosters on either side, and that's the Main External Tank. The tank itself can carry 35 tons of fuel, but is actually divided into a large section for fuel, and a smaller part for the oxygen to ignite that fuel. The hydrogen section can hold up to 53,518 cubic feet of fuel.

And another American dies from cancer, Another American wakes up wondering how he/she is going to feed there family, Another job is lost.
As we allow illegals into our country, and we spend billions to see if there's water on Mars.
And another CEO, buys another Jet and or home in another country....and there worker's, wonder how there going to pay there bills on such a low wage...
We spend $35.000 to go to school and come out more confused than when we went in...
Something is terribly wrong here people.....
Report Spam   Logged

angelicarboreals

Like my post 16

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 10:36:12 am »

I really wanted to applaud you for posting this. Some of the information I was already aware of, other bits and pieces I did not know but am going to do more research to find out more.

My boyfriend is a huge political/ history buff and he spends alot of his free time reading up on topics like the one you just posted. Recently he coerced me into reading some of his books in order to have someone to talk to them about, and what I have found thus far is shocking. If the founders of this country could see what has become of it I guarantee you they would sit down and cry. All this mess of the government giving handouts to companies that are paying their upper ranks millions of dollars is against what this very country was founded on.

I was watching an investigative report the other night that was speaking about a bank that was given over a BILLION dollars by the federal government because they supposedly were going under, but this same bank a few weeks later was holding a huge golf gala in which the women were given Tiffany gift bags. When asked where the money the government had given them went, they told the reporters that all the money went into one big pot for the bank to do what they needed/wished. So friends, WE paid for those Tiffany gift bags. Yep, that's right. I for one have never set foot in a Tiffany's, as I am sure many of us have not, yet we footed the bill!

Those people, the CEOs of these huge companies and banks that the government keep handing out money to, don't give a rat's behind that there are folks in this country that are barely scraping buy. I go to grad school everyday and sometimes ask myself "for what?" The way this country is going there may not be any jobs when I graduate. I want to mention it is not a Republican vs. Democrat thing, not a conservative vs. liberal thing. All politicians are the same, and the federal government is beginning to dip their hand just a little too much into the workings of this nation. Like you posted, if we closed our borders and became self sufficient all this mess would disappear on its own. Yes, at one time this country was founded on needing immigrants, but that has passed. If we don't do something soon we will be no better off than the third world countries, because eventually we will run out of everything. It is fine to send a helping hand and aid to those who need it, but I think of it this way: If I am in financial trouble at home I am going to take care of my family and my problems before I send money to help Joe Blow down the street.

As for your other post where you spoke about the world population, it scares me to think how fast humans are taking over this world. More people=less space=more disease. Even though I don't talk much about it, this is one of the very reasons I do not want children. This world is full enough as it is, it is selfish to want to bring another human onto this planet just because I can.

I worry about what is going to happen. I personally think it will eventually get so bad there will be a revolution, a revolt- poor versus rich I presume. I hope to God that does not happen, but I know that you can only push people so far and run them into the ground so much financially before they start to fight back.
Report Spam   Logged

So many birdies.....so little time. :)
thetim53
Chief Adviser buffaloparrot.com
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 23

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 11:56:20 am »

A lot of what you posted has merit, although I have no idea what Obama has to do with it since he was just elected.
But I do have to violently disagree with you on your putdown of space travel and research. If one is to agree with your previous post on the decline of the planet Earth (and I do agree) then what are we to do when it gives up the ghost? What scares me the most is that we have all of our eggs in one basket. If this planet goes, humans are gone forever. We need newer and better homes out there and we have to go find them.
But space travel is important on a more fundamental level. When mankind stops reaching for the stars and stops trying to push the boundaries he loses that spark that forced him to leave Eden behind and strike out for the land on the other side of the mountains. As the poet said: 'Ones reach should exceed their grasp, or what's a heaven for?'
The money we put into space research is a literal drop in the bucket compared to other expenditures. If we cannot afford this small amount to follow our dreams than we might as well give up and slit our wrists as a species.
Report Spam   Logged

Asha, 12-year-old Blue Front Amazon
We reside in Georgia
" I may be gone now, but at least I did not die as a damn Yankee!"

BrokenWing
Teacher Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 12:34:29 pm »

I think the slitting of the wrists has already been done, now all that's left is to bleed to death.
The human race, had all the opportunities to do things right, right here on Mother Earth.
Diseases and viruses were to control our numbers, there is no need for killing, WAR, and yes, mothers way of keeping all she has created in check...
So what have humans done with such intellect, went out and built a lab, use defenseless animals to do there tests on "all to better the lives of humans and avoid mothers wrath.
Lets look at an example of Human and the species intellect....
The race to get into outer space, they take a Monkey strap him into a rocket, and do not offer a 2 way ticket, so now we "Did" have a worthless space machine with a little monkey aboard running out of air and no food....Hmmmmm....wasn't there enough Humans to pick from for this mission....oh...that would be in-humane...
I think all we see at night, all the stars, the planets....the distance between the 2 is for a reason, to keep the humans that couldn't respect the world where they were created, from traveling to another world and destroying it.
So, early man travels to a new land, gets out of his little boat, wades through the water to the beach.
He sticks the pole down into the land with the Spanish flag on it and screams at the world, I CLAIM THIS LAND IN HONOR OF THE QUEEN....hmmmmm maybe he didn't know...this land was already owned....
Man is hell bent on taking things from others "just because he can"....look what he is doing to the very world that he needs to survive....but that doesn't matter, its irrelevant...look at all those little stars out there, when we are done destroying this planet...we can move on to the next....
And whom will go...
The Rich?
The Poor?
Maybe the Genetic Perfect.
Or....maybe an animal....?

Maybe if Man grabbed his Woman, and some ice cold beers, headed for the beach, held his woman tightly as they gazed up at the stars in bewilderment "and left it at that"......we would all be better off to say the least.....

« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 12:37:24 pm by BrokenWing » Report Spam   Logged

thetim53
Chief Adviser buffaloparrot.com
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 23

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 02:36:02 pm »

How can one who loves birds so much not have the dream to fly?  :)
Report Spam   Logged

Asha, 12-year-old Blue Front Amazon
We reside in Georgia
" I may be gone now, but at least I did not die as a damn Yankee!"

BrokenWing
Teacher Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 03:33:46 pm »

If I could fly....somebody would shoot me, pull all my beautiful feathers out....and eat me... :'(

Report Spam   Logged

looniebirds
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 32

Smile!

Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 04:16:11 pm »

I believe what BrokenWing is saying, for one thing, what I always say, before you go trying to clean up somebody else's dirty house, see to your own.

If an institution that received aid was caught having an affair like the one with the Tiffany bags, they should be fined and maybe some people at the top fired.
Banks don't pay the people at the so-called "lower" end like tellers and the other people you see when you go there that much. 

This is a nation of excess and instant gratification.  The concept of hard work has its rewards is probably lost.

We need to mind our own business, and leave other countries alone.  No matter what we may change in a place, not long after we are gone from there, things will fall apart and possibly be worse than before.

Bring our jobs back home.  You can't even call a customer service number these days without many [if not most] of these being in another country.

Which falls under bring our jobs back home, bring manufacturing back home.  That will eliminate poor quality items such as toys with toxic paint being sold here.

Report Spam   Logged

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 05:05:30 pm »

#1 America will fall, and the sad thing is it is still so young.  We got spoiled by the American way and dream.  The last two generations of Americans lack the morals, values and reasons this country was founded on.  They are spoiled, and think of themselves first and this will lead to the downfall of this country.  Every great Empire, etc in history has fallen and we are the same.  Human Kind?  It is in our DNA to fight, kill, destroy our resources and much more for the simple act of greed.  Space research etc i do feel is important, but in the long run we will destroy everything we come in contact with.  Maybe some day we can evolve more.  Into a more productive, caring positive way?  I hope so.  But the way our species is evolving I see nothing but grim things for it's future :-\ 
Report Spam   Logged
looniebirds
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 32

Smile!

Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 07:44:11 pm »

remember I said we were going backwards...........
Report Spam   Logged

BrokenWing
Teacher Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 09:32:02 am »

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

the courage to change the things I can,

and the wisdom to know the difference.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: