Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:08:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Wesley

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wesley  (Read 232 times)
angelicarboreals
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 16

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« on: February 26, 2009, 08:06:59 pm »

Name: Wesley

Species: Greater Sulphur Crested Cockatoo

Native Habitat: Australia

Hatch Date or approximate age: born sometime in 1990

Nicknames: Wessie, Wesley-Ann

Talks: Yes, Can say "let me out right now", "come here", "pretty bird", "pretty birdie right here", "wheee", "no", "wesley", "wait", and my name

Hand Tame: Yes

Where Obtained and how you came together: I had a sulphur crested cockatoo that unfortunately did not work out at one time and was interested in finding another. A friend of mine had hers and ended up having her home foreclosed and was having to get rid of her pets. I had known Wesley for some time and how sweet she was, and jumped on the chance to bring her home. I obtained her, her huge cage, travel carrier, and playstand for free. Yes, free.

Favorite Foods: Seeds (UGH! I thought I was never going to switch her to pellets, but we finally made the transition in Nov. of 2008). She also likes Strawberries and delights making herself pink.

Favorite Toys: Her foraging system, boxes she can shred, and her hearts links, which she beats up on occasion.

Medical Issues/Concerns: Wesley has no medical issues, just separation anxiety that we are still working on. (If she can't see or hear me when she is on a playtstand she screams until I come get her.) She is extremely aggressive to other birds, so care has to be taken that she remains in her cage if other birds are out in the vicinity or vice versa.

Quirks, Habits, etc..: Wesley can let herself out of her cage, and will do so if she can. We have padlocked all of her doors due to this, and she took to dismantling her cage at one time one bolt at a time, so we now have to zip tie her cage together in places she cannot reach as well as constantly put bolts that she has taken out back in. Wesley's favorite person is my boyfriend, and she will follow him around the house like a love sick puppy when he is home.

Photo of your bird: 
Report Spam   Logged

So many birdies.....so little time. :)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

luvmycadillac
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 8

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 09:13:26 pm »

Beautiful!
Report Spam   Logged
zimbasmom
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 24

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 10:30:37 pm »

She is absolutely gorgeous, are you still friends with her previous owner?  It must have been difficult  to give her up, I'm sure she is grateful that Wesley is with you and is being so well cared for.
Report Spam   Logged

The difference between kids and parrots is that it's funny when a parrot talks back.

www.macawsandmore.com
Home: Houston, TX
1 Loved Congo African Grey~Zimba
2 Spoiled Cats
Bunch of Salt Water Fishies
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 07:06:08 pm »

Seems like you now have competition with your Boy friend! :D  She is sweet and I enjoyed reading about her! 8)
Report Spam   Logged
angelicarboreals
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 16

Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 05:42:59 pm »

I am still friends with her previous owner, we joke all the time about Wesley's tendency to try to escape her cage.  ;D
Report Spam   Logged

So many birdies.....so little time. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: