Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 19, 2024, 08:28:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Game! Something we may not know......

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game! Something we may not know......  (Read 658 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2010, 08:47:36 am »

OMG!! Sondra!!! i am sooooo jealous!!! we go to Gatornationals (NHRA) every year!!! and have been for... uuuhhh, 9 or 10 years, i think. it is AMAZING! next year i have already made plans to go all four days. we usually only went one day, couldnt get the ex to go more. then last year Drew and i decided to make an whole weekend of it. by the end of the weekend, we had decided that next year we were going all four days. i am sooo excited just thinking about it! <sigh> i'm not sure i can stand the wait til march! <sigh>

oh! wishy! that sounds amazing, too!!! what's SCCA? 
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2010, 08:51:08 am »

Sports Car Club/America. Classic stuff, mustangs/Jags/Cobras, anything not NASCAR, LOL. the real James Dean racing cars of yesteryear...in MINT CONDITION and flying around the track like they were meant to. and not an oval track either, one of those tracks that twists and turns and so on, REAL RACING!  party
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
BrilliantFids
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 23

Level 5 Windows User Combination
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2010, 11:07:23 am »

B'fid: a Lab attacked your cousin?! wow! that sucks! is cousin okay? i'm assuming somewhat scarred up? wow!

Yeah. It happened really fast, my dad turned to answer the phone and when he turned back around my cousins face was mangled. I was in kindergarten so he must of been about 3 years old. He was in the hospital for a while, and had several surgeries to reconstruct his face. He still has a couple scars, but considering the severity of his bites they are pretty small. He is 21 now and still loves dogs, he knows it was his fault Poncho bit him and never had any bad feelings toward him. We did have to have him put down though, they city ruled him un safe....he truly was a great dog though.
Report Spam   Logged

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2010, 07:35:48 pm »

When I first started working races I was a Tech official, would do tear-down, the whole 9 yards. I was in Canada when Shirley Muldowney crashed, they wanted me to help get her out of the car (what was left of it) & ride to the hospital, but I declined. I also ended my career with NHRA (still get asked to work every year) with Tech & time slips. I would test fuel on the pro cars to make sure they were legal, then when time trial were over I would work time slips. I do miss the racers! I've declined dinner with John Force, had dinner with Kalita, Bernstein, Amado, Garltlitz (Spelled wrong), and drinks with a host of other big name racers. I always refused the A$$holes. I've been in some of the racers trailers and I'll tell you they invest as much in thosre trailers as they do their cars, especialy their living quarters!  bugeye I've even started cars at the summer Nats, the Keystone Nats, and at Indy, that was when Buster Couch was starter and needed a break to eat lunch and check his blood-sugar and take his shot if needed.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: