Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:46:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

bath day

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bath day  (Read 200 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: September 05, 2010, 10:26:09 am »

well, everyone got a bath today.... except the dog. mine was unintentional, but with skittles... if he bathes, everything in the room bathes! lol! i now have 4 soggy fiddies. twiggy's eating, seems bath day just makes her hungry. marley is preening, what you'd expect on bath day. skittles is pitifully hanging off the front of the cage, mommy is going out today so he had to be locked up after his shower. he thinks if he's pitiful enough i'll let him out. ollie... now that was a breakthrough. first of all he flapped during his bath today.  handshappy  yay!! last bath he just kinda took it. but today he really got into it. it was really heartwarming. now he's in his cage grinding his beak. that in itself gives me the warm fuzzies. beak grinding = happy bird. right?
twiggy prefers to water dish bathe, but she cant really fit her fluffy butt in that water dish. when i gave her a bigger one, she refused to even drink out of it. so she got misted with the waterbottle. she wasnt too thrilled, but she took it.
ollie is a water bottle kinda guy. he likes to be misted according to chance. and i wouldnt dare put that bird on my arm and stick him in the shower. can you imagine the hospital bill?!  gimp  so anyway, he got misted. and used two full bottles of water! talk about your soggy fiddies. he couldnt get any wetter if i submerged him! lol!
marley is a sink kinda guy. but the water dish will do in a pinch. i put one of those faucet nozzles that you pull and it turns to a spray on the bathroom sink. so marley has a ball with that. he doesnt like the mister, so we just do bathroom sink bathing.
skittles is a shower guy. the water must be lukewarm. if its cold, he squwaks and runs away! lol! and boy does he get into his shower. water everywhere. clears the shelf of all shampoo and body wash bottles, climbs the shower curtain (it looks more like swiss cheese than a shower curtain). and flap? omg! that bird beats the tar outta me with his wings. today he decided i needed a shower too. he kept running up my arm, grabbing my ear and trying to pull me in the water! lol! ouch! he asked for a shower at 8 last nite. NOOOO way mister! wait for morning.
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 03:49:35 pm »

Way ta go Ollie!! clap
Report Spam   Logged
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 05:27:26 pm »

aww way cool!  I first got Yoshi into a tupperware square bowl for a bath on the top of his playgym with ice cubes in the water.  He enjoys playing with them, might try it with Twiggy.

I have not figured out a bath that HW likes yet.   hmm  Ahh well in time, hell zuri didn't really bathe except for me misting her which she hated for 7 mos or so.

Marley in the sink...haha I love it! 
Report Spam   Logged

wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 06:55:52 pm »

the best part about bath day are the aftersnuggles..he lets me wrap him in a baby blanket and I rub his pinny head (he looks like he wrassled with  a hedgehog, LOL) and he just closes his little eyes and stays very still..... I Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it.

aw, come on , skittles just wanted you to come and play , LOL! or...........maybe you smelled funny and he was trying to give you a hint? j/k  dmblaf

I love how everyone wants a different bath, just like kids, I tell ya!!!  hugu
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: