Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 10:28:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Gizmo

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gizmo  (Read 115 times)
BirdCrazy
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 18

Badges: (View All)
Search Level 5 Linux User
« on: February 23, 2009, 01:16:39 pm »

Name: Gizmo

Species: Quaker Parrot

Native Habitat:South America, with feral colonies established in parts of the United States.

Hatch Date or approximate age: I'd have to look it up...I think he was born in June. He's about 3 1/2 years old

Nicknames: Giz, Booger

Talks: some; he has said "good boy" loud and clear one time, says "what?", and laughs sometimes

Hand Tame: yep

Where Obtained and how you came together: Featherheads- a pet store in Northern Va;  The guy caught a couple of quakers out of the enclosure for my brother and I to handle. His first pick was Buddy, and we came home with him. The first one he handed me decided to bite and grind on my hand, and it was all I could do to hold on to him/her. So the guy went to get another bird, and in the process, the one I was holding finally wiggled out of my grasp and took off through the store! He flew up to the lot where they had spare cages. Took the guy about 20 minutes to catch him. Before he went to catch him, he handed me Gizmo. Gizmo just stayed in my hands nice and quietly, and I brought him home :)

Favorite Foods: peas, carrots, apples, pears, an occasional pretzel (with chunks of salt removed)

Favorite Toys: TP rolls, cat balls, and various other things I have in his cage (and anything he can shred!). He isn't hard to please

Medical Issues/Concerns: none that I know of; I just keep as many fatty things out of his diet as possible as I know Quakers are prone to fatty liver disease.

Quirks, Habits, etc..: too many to list! And some are hard to describe :D

Photo of your bird:
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: