Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:22:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Try within yer hearts....to find PEACE!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Try within yer hearts....to find PEACE!  (Read 269 times)
BuffaloParrot

Badges: (View All)
« on: August 26, 2010, 11:24:10 pm »

#1 you know I love ya BW.  We have spoken many words together and as former Marines I have always been there and listened to you.  I have given you the respect as a man and for what you stand for.  But what things are happening on this forum?  Has anything really changed?  Really?  Cause I don't see it.  Is it the accidental breeding of parrots from some members including me and someone from a rescue?  It sometimes happens no matter how hard you try.  Are me and my members breeding and selling Parrots right now?  Not from my knowledge.  You have hardly been here in a year only to post topics for your chronicles but have you even once read any of our topics, the happenings etc?  You then come here out of the blue saying things are happening here and what does Buffalo Parrot stand for?  BW I am telling you this from me to you and you know it is the truth as I have told you many times before.  Nothing in me has changed.  Do I think Parrots should be in a cage?  NO!  Do I think they should be pets?  NO!  They are NOT domesticated.  Do I wish it could all stop and they will all live free in the wild?  You bet ya.  Problem is..  These laws you seek would most likely end up resulting in the deaths of all Parrots currently in captivity.  With the new law you seek would they be able to be rescued?  If no one could adopt them how would they get rescued?  They are already putting them to death!  If that were to be rectified I am all in.  But such a law would be just a blanket.  Until all bad entities are stopped nothing will change.  As long as there is demand, there will be Parrots on the markets and in peoples homes.  If we can't stop the illegal drug problem how is our underpaid, understaffed government going to even make a dent in this least priority of a law for them?  Also what really bothers me?  The wild Parrots you rescuers always seem to ignore. This is even a bigger problem and much of the reason you are dealing with what you are now.  This is why I bring this up.  Yeah, the law in the early 90's banned all imported wild parrots to this country.  Did it work?  did it stop this?  NO!  Just like the drug smugglers this is still huge problem and one the government neither has the $$ or time to even make a dent!  Wild Parrots suffer just as much as the captives, and it gets worse by the day.  You get where I am coming from?  I NEVER once stated that I was a rescue nor did I ever say that my forum was pro rescue.  Me my self and many here are anti breeding and pro rescue and helped in many ways with a certain rescue but it seemed it was never good enough for a few people.  My forum is on ALL aspects of Parrots not just rescue.  That is how you learn more and in return can help more.  A one sided closed mind will never accomplish this.  I am deep into conservation and have things going on that no one knows about but my forum is "Foo, Foo" because it is not entirely fanatic rescue.  Rubbish.  Life does not work that way and nobody will listen if that were the case.  To cram your views down a humans throat will get you know where...PERIOD! To say we here do not have our eyes open and do not hear what you always say is not the right words.  As far as Buffalo Parrot?  It's first love is the Parrots no matter what any other says.  BW you are a teacher and do show others what must be seen.  That I have never doubted.  You have your ways as do I.  That is why I gave you your own section here.  I just need to state where I come from and what I am about without feeling guilty that I do not do enough when people really do not know all I do behind the scenes.  Can you hear me?  Peace Leather Head peace     
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 06:23:14 pm by AdminBuffaloParrot » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: