Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 16, 2024, 06:59:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

I found a parrot/Now what?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I found a parrot/Now what?  (Read 140 times)
BrokenWing
Teacher Member
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« on: February 23, 2009, 08:18:56 am »

BrokenWing Chronicles
I found a parrot.

Thank you for reaching out to help the wayward parrot, as mentioned above, 911parrotalert has become a Salvation to many lost and found Parrots, Donna and her team have grown in there efforts to get Parrots back home to there rightful owners, Please visit the link posted above and report the Parrot you have found and bless your heart for caring enough to help.

I see a Exotic bird at our Bird Feeder, What can I do?
Find a cage, place seed and water in the dishes, leave the door open, tie a string to the door and route the string through the bars in the back of the cage, the string must be long and durable but yet thin and not noticeable, like heavy fishing line.
Run the string to where you will be sitting, far enough away as to not be an issue and hinder the birds thoughts, you must not be seen.
Many birds will go into the cage, they are familiar with a cage, if and when the bird goes in, pull the string and hold the door closed, keep tension on the string as you near the cage, keep the door closed....
Latch the door and bring the bird to a safe area.
If you own and or care for other birds, keep this bird away from your other birds, far way, in a different room, even in a closet with the light on and the door closed, but away from your other birds, the farther away, the better.
Post the bird on 911parrotalert, make signs like one would use when having a garage sale, post on poles through out your neighborhood, Many pet shops have bulletin boards, post the finding of the bird.
Never say what kind of bird you have found, the rightful owner will describe the bird to you.

A Cage within a Cage.
If you do have a large cage and a smaller cage and a bird, now I know this may sound risky, but if you react fast, all will be fine.
Place your bird in the small cage and place that cage within the larger cage, secure the smaller cage and leave the larger cage opened.
Again using a string, tie to the door, run the string through the back bars of the cage and the waiting game begins.
Be prepared to act quickly when and if the bird in question enters the cage, you will want to separate the birds as soon as possible.

The Box Trap
Items needed.
A medium size piece of plywood, a medium sized cardboard box, a small piece of wood, maybe even a rock for weight, a stick, even a small dowel rod, and string, bait, such as bird seed, and a small piece of tape and YOU!
Place the plywood down, cut off either the top or bottom of the box, tape one end of the box to the plywood (like a hinge), you can also cut a hole and tape a larger piece of cardboard over the hole so you will be able to reach in and contain the bird when trapped, tape something on top the box to hold the box down, (for weight), tie a piece of string to one end of the stick (dowel rod) the stick should be at least 10 inches long, place a handful of seed to the center of the back of the box (the end tapped to the plywood), place the stick up under, to support the box up, the tied end should be towards the bottom (ground) the string should be long enough so you can be far away and hide, the waiting game begins, once the bird is up under the box, pull the stick out.

Thank you for being concerned about the Parrot at large, Thank you for every effort you make to get the bird home to his/her rightful owner.
You Shine!

Report Spam   Logged

When all is done that is asked from me and I can fly no higher, I pray this day his hand extends to welcome home a flier.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: