Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:35:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

marley's cage

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: marley's cage  (Read 300 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: August 18, 2010, 07:16:12 pm »

<sigh> what am i gonna do with marley. <shakes head sadly> since i've moved the cages he is worse about getting on the other bird's cages. much worse. i'm having to keep him locked up almost constantly. i hate that. its not right. so i can a) move his cage to the other side of the room so he cant see the other cages or b) remove his wings....lol! no really give him a drastic wing clip. those are the only two possiblities i see. do ya'll see any other possibilites? i considered hanging plastic between the rooms, but then the other birds cant see me. <sigh>  i love that little bird. but he wont even play on his shelf anymore. he just spends all his time trying to get to the other bird's cages. <this is me being frustrated>   bangdhead
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 07:37:26 am »

what about plastic "hippie" beads? that way the beads will baffle him, they will look nice, and you can have him out?

http://www.koyalwholesale.com/pages-main-category-1142_1167/index.html

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 07:39:13 am by wishforabird » Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
patti3birds
Proud mom
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 13

Soaring on the Wings of Love

Windows User Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:13:25 am »

Wishy,

Your so intuitive!!! thumb

Great idea loveuk
Report Spam   Logged

Charlie- Green Winged Macaw
Peyote Tomas- Sunday Conure
Molly- Sun Conure

All Loved and adored By me: Patti

Axel--Feb 08, 2008-Jan 3, 2011** For whom taught me Bird Love**
Rose-- you too my sweet girl Dec 27, 2011
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 10:54:54 am »

I can see Marley hanging off those beads like YAY mom gave me a new gym. lol
Report Spam   Logged

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 04:29:56 pm »

lol!  wishy good thought, its worth a try.....ditty, you're probably right. but with marley anything is a toy to him...including the poor dog. you should have seen how fast i moved when i looked over and he (marley) was hanging from skittles' tailfeathers!!!    bugeye  THAT only happened once, i can tell ya! <grin>
i have to go to town tomorrow, maybe i'll try to find some hippie beads. all the college students are back, so there's no telling what i'll find.
Report Spam   Logged

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 08:09:08 pm »

well, like the fiddies, i'm a creature of habit.  my dear mommy used to say, if it aint broke, dont fix it. so i put twiggy's cage back where it was. twiggy was happy and quit her incessant cheep. marley immediately became my sweet playful caique  and quit trying to get into the other bird's cages. he's in my shirt scratching his little chin as i rub his little head.  loveuk
Report Spam   Logged

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 08:30:06 pm »

Awwwww, poor baby felt lonely! That sometimes happens with birds, you move them/someone else and they can't take the change and you end up moving them back. We have a bird who we can't move, we've tried 2 times & I won't even attempt it again. We have a bedroom that all but one sleeps in & that one sleeps in our room in a HUGE cage. He absolutely FREAKS out thrashing about in his cage if we move him, yet I can change his cage toys & crocks around any way I want - I can't even move the cage around in our bedroom. Sigh.
Report Spam   Logged
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 08:47:04 pm »

yup, you're right. he has been playing with me for two hours straight. in my shirt. rolling around. playing and finger wrestling with me. <sigh> he just didnt like it. i'm gonna rearrange everything tomorrow and put skittles back and put ollie in the corner where the loveseat is. then everyone will be in here with me and each other. i shouldda just done that in the first place.  oh well, live and learn.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: