Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:58:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Julian's first outdoor adventure

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Julian's first outdoor adventure  (Read 300 times)
wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« on: July 28, 2010, 03:56:24 pm »

LOL YES! he was swinging on the leash that was about a foot dangling from my hand, there were straps and harness everywhere, if it wasn't a situation that had to be addressed NOW I would have laughed so hard i would have collapsed! and i would have taken pictures!  laugh  the best part is, when I would get a hold of him i would say , "it's ok, calm down" and he would! I e-mailed the inventor today at parrot university, and got a very nice response. He said the slider is that tight because if it was any looser than it would squeeze up on the bird and suffocate him.  I already knew that, but it was nice that he didn't act like a jerk or a know-it-all.  he said he has used the harness on a little birds like mine (they do macaws, LOL) and he empathizes that is it difficult to tighten the strap with a little body and big fingers.  He said that is the smallest they can make, although they have had requests for budgie and lovebird harnesses.  he said just give it more time so he will be more used to being fidgeted with. and take my time so he wouldn't hate it.  HE really cares about the phycological well-being of these birds, and I got that from the DVD that came with the harness, with people, you can just tell. (or at least i can).

headhammer I practiced with my son's stuffed parrot first (who is around the same size) and it was so much easier without a working beak and feathers to pull LOL!
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: