Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:26:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The story of PP

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The story of PP  (Read 141 times)
BrokenWing
Teacher Member
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« on: February 21, 2009, 06:51:26 am »

BrokenWing Chronicles
The story of PP

The neighbor came over one day, he handed me this.

If anyone can save that little animal it is you, he said as he walked away.
I named him PP, after feeding him, I had to stimulate his little PP and he always went PP on me.

PP grew fast, when he was able to get around well, I placed him in a bird cage and controlled human touch, I fed him through the bars, soon the day came for PP's release, but the release did not go so well, oneday he came down the wood burner stove stack, and or he just simply hung around for a treat.

Rose Ann would always feed him at the door, I said "honey, not a good idea", and one day he actually came right into the house.

Oneday I sat on the deck and called to him to come and get a treat and here came this squirrel running from across the street, Never has any other squirrel took a nut directly from my hand, so I thought this squirrel was PP, as he neared, tears filled my eyes, something was very very wrong.

I sat there crying with nuts in my hand begging him to come to me.
I turn around to get more nuts and who do you think I see?
PP

I stood there wiping the tears away, and I fed PP many nuts that day.
The other squirrel took off, still today I wonder why he came running, why he took nuts from my hand, how he became injured so, it appeared to be chemical burn.
I have never saw that squirrel again, PP still comes now and then but for the most part.
PP is free.

BrokenWing
Report Spam   Logged

When all is done that is asked from me and I can fly no higher, I pray this day his hand extends to welcome home a flier.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Debz
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 32

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 09:21:56 am »

*just speechless*
Report Spam   Logged

Pippo -4 year old normal gray male tiel
Catania -3.5 year old pearl lutino female tiel
Home in Colorado
zimbasmom
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 24

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 10:42:39 am »

Maybe PP was taking care of the injured squirrel they were hanging out together and he brought him by to meet you because he knew it was a good place. Does he still come to visit you?
Report Spam   Logged

The difference between kids and parrots is that it's funny when a parrot talks back.

www.macawsandmore.com
Home: Houston, TX
1 Loved Congo African Grey~Zimba
2 Spoiled Cats
Bunch of Salt Water Fishies
Bird_Lover
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 9

Windows User Level 5 Combination
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 12:25:22 pm »

That is a wonderful story!  :)
Report Spam   Logged

| Lady, Cockatiel | Orrin, Peach Fronted Conure | Rylee, Sun Conure | Apple-Jack, Hybrid Lovebird | Keiko, Zu, Savvy, Pagosa, Krickett, and Rhaine, the Budgies |
BrokenWing
Teacher Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 07:00:10 pm »

I truly appreciate everyone's kind words.
PP comes by very seldom anymore, I was hoping for that to happen.
I followed the proper release and also followed the no touch procedure.
But he did hang pretty close by for about 2 years.
I hope to see him again soon.
Report Spam   Logged

When all is done that is asked from me and I can fly no higher, I pray this day his hand extends to welcome home a flier.
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 07:18:27 pm »

Whoa, I haven't read anything that has touched me like this in a long while!  I can't say anymore, sorry :'(
Report Spam   Logged
looniebirds
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 32

Smile!

Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 07:42:12 pm »

2 or 3 years ago I rescued a tiny baby squirrel from a dog.  It's nest had fallen and its nestmate was dead.  This little guy wasn't bitten or anything that I could see, but I didn't know what to do really.  Got one of those baby animal bottles and an eyedropper.  Called a vet in our area who does this, and under his advice got some kitten or puppy milk [can't remember whic] and gave him some.  Did the best I could, got an old black sock and let him snuggle in there.  The next morning I took him to that vet and left him in more capable hands.  I don't know what became of him. I hope he lived. 

Little Red

There used to be a little red squirrel that would come up on ours and the neighbor's porch and take peanuts from us. So we called him Little Red.  I found him dead in the street, had been hit by a car.  You see that a lot in my neighborhood.  I picked him up in my hands and we buried him next to our neighbor's porch where he loved to hang out.  I grieved over that as much as if he had been one of our own. :'(   
Report Spam   Logged

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 07:47:31 pm »

Good story Loonie!  You are a compassionate person! ;)
Report Spam   Logged
looniebirds
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 32

Smile!

Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 07:48:56 pm »

Thank you. :)
Report Spam   Logged

BrokenWing
Teacher Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 10:10:51 am »

I used Puppy formula here, It can be fairly hard to keep these little guys alive, its very easy to aspirate them.
By far the hardest animal (IMO) to rehab is the baby rabbit.
There's a very large field directly across from our home, it is fenced in by the city, home to wildlife, the city recently gave it to dog owners, I opposed but lost the battle, Dogs need to get out and stretch there legs also...
The animals that were displaced were many, now we have 2 mated pair of rabbits that call our property home, during the summer months, its very hard to mow, The squirrels doubled in numbers, I even came home oneday and found a squirrel in the house, little creep chewed through the screen, I re-placed the screen and within 15 minutes time, he was back in the house.
Can't use wire screen, won't fit down in the groove.
I need to drop a tree that grows up right along the bird room, if a storm where to take that tree down, say goodbye to the bird room, the base of this tree is maybe 2 inches away from the house, no basement under that room (is a add on), so no damage by the roots..
Anyways, was mowing one day and saw babies running everywhere, momma was close by so I caught them, finished mowing, then put them back under the ever green tree.

Report Spam   Logged

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 11:38:19 am »

Too cute! ;)
Report Spam   Logged
zimbasmom
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 24

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 12:41:13 pm »

aaaaaawwwwwww  :)
Report Spam   Logged

The difference between kids and parrots is that it's funny when a parrot talks back.

www.macawsandmore.com
Home: Houston, TX
1 Loved Congo African Grey~Zimba
2 Spoiled Cats
Bunch of Salt Water Fishies
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: