Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:47:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

ok stupid question about cleaning..

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ok stupid question about cleaning..  (Read 405 times)
patti3birds
Proud mom
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 13

Soaring on the Wings of Love

Badges: (View All)
Windows User Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 10:07:31 am »

Yay...I have lots o fresh Cuke's right now from my Garden.
Although I did spray a 2 inch line of Home De fence yesterday behind Axel's cage bugeye(read below)...Id been spraying for 3 days and nothing was working. So I also sprayed a 1 inch spot right at the door jam. and Poof---Ants all gone. Last night...still no ants.
I freaked out yesterday morning-b/4 time for me to leave for my eye surgery, I went to give Axel and Rose fresh food and went to toss his food and ants went everywhere!! bugeye naughty :pipen:
I snatched him out of his cage, put him in Rose's and took his outside to the back porch...sprayed the HD and Prayed that everybody would be ok till I got back.
I had no choice!! I had to leave for Surgery. oh hmm worship worship worship
And Ditty...good to know. I do the same with the kitchen sink and just toss the rag into the Laundry when finished.

Then when I got home to clean everything up..while sifting through Rose bottom of her cage, I also noticed Larva- assuming where the Seed Moth's were also breeding because I was swarmed with them and had cocoon's on my ceiling and hand scrubbed that all clean (never new you could do that) never had issues b/4 now.
So, to make a long story short......

I have a 50 pounds bag of crushed corn cobs out in the garage that I had been using for a couple of months....Now Trash thumb...went back to newspaper.

Needless to say, Axle was One Happy Camper to get his home back and I could Sleep!!

Report Spam   Logged

Charlie- Green Winged Macaw
Peyote Tomas- Sunday Conure
Molly- Sun Conure

All Loved and adored By me: Patti

Axel--Feb 08, 2008-Jan 3, 2011** For whom taught me Bird Love**
Rose-- you too my sweet girl Dec 27, 2011
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 01:47:50 pm »

To keep millet moths at bay freeze your seed 48 hours before using.
Report Spam   Logged
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 07:17:40 pm »

dont feel too bad about those ants, its such a hot summer after such a weird winter they are trying to get in all over. everyone i know is having trouble with them. that raid barrier sprayed around the house (about 1 to 2 foot band) seems to helping with mine. but it's been raining alot lately (soggy florida) so it keeps washing my band away. they were back in here last nite trying to break into a pan of brownies. and i had it sealed in plastic! they were not there when i got everything ready for bed but 15 minutes later when my son got up to get a brownie they were all over the counter. once you seal up one entrance they just find another.
probably the same with the moths. when i checked my cat's water this am it had some sort of larvae in it, wiggling around! and i change it regularly.
i use newspaper in all the cages and a plastic drop under skittles' perches with newspaper on top of it. as a matter of fact, in marley's cage i put one sheet of wax paper, two layers of paper, 1 sheet of wax paper, then 2 layers of paper...until i have about 5 levels. then i just pull the top one off and throw it away every day. cause he makes a huge gooey mess with his berries and other fruits. they soak through if i dont put the wax paper down. i buy it when its on sale at work, pay $ .79 for a roll and it lasts months. the newspapers i get on sundays and i beg everyone's old papers at work. this way the coupons pay for the paper i buy and the others are free.
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
patti3birds
Proud mom
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 13

Soaring on the Wings of Love

Windows User Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2010, 09:56:52 am »

i use newspaper in all the cages and a plastic drop under skittles' perches with newspaper on top of it. as a matter of fact, in marley's cage i put one sheet of wax paper, two layers of paper, 1 sheet of wax paper, then 2 layers of paper...until i have about 5 levels. then i just pull the top one off and throw it away every day. cause he makes a huge gooey mess with his berries and other fruits. they soak through if i dont put the wax paper down. i buy it when its on sale at work, pay $ .79 for a roll and it lasts months.

Tozie,
What a great way of doing it, Thanks for the idea thumb. If I can Remember (CRS huh4)...I will Do it! clap

And yeah, Sondra Ive tried freezing seeds, and They came anyways...back when I first got inundated with the flying creatures- I was freezing my seed.Now, I simply store it in Good Ziplock bags in the outside fridge. hugu

My local Animal dude, begged me to put the corn cob in a bag and sealed it and let it sit out in the sun, not to thrown that money away..... :twirl:
Report Spam   Logged

Charlie- Green Winged Macaw
Peyote Tomas- Sunday Conure
Molly- Sun Conure

All Loved and adored By me: Patti

Axel--Feb 08, 2008-Jan 3, 2011** For whom taught me Bird Love**
Rose-- you too my sweet girl Dec 27, 2011
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: