Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:26:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Would you except me if I were different?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you except me if I were different?  (Read 233 times)
looniebirds
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 32

Smile!

Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« on: June 07, 2010, 10:07:18 am »

I understand the theory of making the price higher, it would make to some people the animal being more "dear" so to speak, and the heart of many folks is in money and protecting their "investment".  But, on the other hand, if having an animal involves something too costly initially, how many folks these days could opt to do so?  It would place the animals in the care of the "rich" only.  You don't have to be rich to love an animal and take proper care of it.  We must think of all the animals who would languish in shelters because they simply can't afford the adoption fees.  The answer lies in mandatory spaying and neutering, I think.  And breeders of all companion animals [including birds, in which the spay/neuter is not an option] must be licensed and undergo a scrupulous and rigorous evaluation to get said license.  Until all breeders are registered and are required to undergo rigorous inspections often, and meet revised [and I mean, really revised] standards, the cat, dog, bird and whatever mills will continue to do a booming business.

Some folk, for instance, think the sale and breeding of all pet birds should cease.  This not going to work, it will encourage more poaching and other illegal activity, because if someone has the money, they will get what they want.

The key I think is the government should get off their a$$ [note the $$, it was intentional] and set up more stringent guidelines for breeders period.  If you can't meet the standards, you better just "get out of the business" or change your act.  Of course this would mean less animals going into the consumer market.  So be it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: