Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 16, 2024, 12:58:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Smoothie

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Smoothie  (Read 211 times)
Erithacus
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 29

Badges: (View All)
Apple User Windows User Level 4
« on: May 20, 2010, 03:44:48 am »

I peeled off the skins of 1 potato, 1 red sweet potato, 1 yellow sweet potato and 1 carrot.
Then I chopped them into small pieces and boiedl them until soft. After cooling down, I put all the ingredients into a blender plus some of the "soup".
I blended them until they become smoothie. I tried a little bit, ummm... it tasted good.
I placed 1 tablespoon of the smoothie into a small plastic bag and managed to make 20 over bags.
I kept them in the freezer. Each time I fed my fids, I'd take one out and removed the plastic and put the smoothie in a small stainless steel bowl and steamed it over an induction cooker. I don't use microwave because it destroys the nutrients and changes the chemical structure of the food making it a toxic food.This is debatable. Some believe some don't. I rather not to use. Better be safe than sorry.

I added some Kaytee handfeeding Formula to the smoothie, stirred until they are well mixed. My 2 fids love this smoothie very much.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BuffaloParrot

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 08:54:56 am »

Sounds good!  Will have to give that a try thumb
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: