Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 19, 2024, 01:16:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

A no kill nation is within our reach

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A no kill nation is within our reach  (Read 275 times)
looniebirds
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 32

Smile!

Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« on: June 06, 2010, 10:23:22 am »

Well, I had a nice reply, a little longwinded, but pretty good, and when I went to "preview" it to check for mistakes, it disappeared! :mad1  True, there are too many feral cats roaming around, due to irresposible people.  But on the other hand many folks do let their spayed or neutered cats out or they live outside, period.  For example, in our area people keep horses, cows, etc, and they have what I call "barn cats" who keep the rodent popuation down.  They are fed, watered and have shelter.  These cats would go nuts if kept inside.  They have their shots and if they are ill, they see a vet.

Or people like me, who moved to a house here in the city, only to find out this house came with a cat!  An outside, feral cat who was here for approximately 2-3 years before I came.  We guess now this cat is probably around 10.  It [and I say "it" because while I can pet "her" I have never been allowed to get a good look enough to see what sex "she" is.  She is fed every day and gets water every day.  We think she either lives under the house or in the shed.  I would like to have her looked at by a vet, but don't want to be ripped apart putting her in a carrier.  For the record, if I ever move from here, "she" will be going with me if possible, or I will make arrangements for her to go someplace else.

I think a you really can't compare a 6 year old kid to a cat or any animal for that matter.  When you tell somebody they are no better than a shelter who kills, that can put off a lot of folks who maybe would help.  You can present facts without being accusatory.  Just my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: