Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 20, 2024, 06:22:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Prevents wastage of nuts.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prevents wastage of nuts.  (Read 233 times)
Erithacus
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 29

Badges: (View All)
Apple User Windows User Level 4
« on: April 07, 2010, 08:47:03 pm »

Cocoa wastes lots of food especially comes to nuts. What I do is, I pound walnuts and almonds into powder form. I mix them with grounded flaxseed and feed Cocoa 1 teaspoon a day. There is almost no wastage. And Mocha loves them too.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 07:56:06 am by Erithacus » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 10:15:05 pm »

hmmm, interesting thought. skittles loves to open the nuts. there are times she opens the nuts just for fun and doesn't eat the nut part. but that's okay, rocky, the dog, cleans up for us. i have learned if i don't cut skittles'  grapes in half she will use them as bombs to drop on the dog! lol!
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 11:43:33 pm »

I break up cashews and cut the other nuts into small claw size pieces. As they drop them I say "9 bucks a pound and you throw them all over." I get giggles all over the bird room. Dex and Morgan are nuts ( ha ha) about cashews. They are addicts. Buddy will drop green beans on my Pomeranian Toddykins, which he eats right up. Talk about a symbiotic relationship!
Report Spam   Logged

“My brother and sister birds, you should praise your Creator and always love him: He gave you feathers for clothes, wings to fly and all other things that you need. It is God who made you noble among all creatures, making your home in thin, pure air. Without sowing or reaping, you receive God’s guidance and protection.”
St. Francis of Assissi

My rescued and adopted feathered family...
Zebra Finches - The widow Mary Meeper & her new beau Joey Peepers, Leo and all the "kids"
The Quakes - Jade & Buddy & Ducky
"Sunday" Conure - Bella
Canary Wing Parakeets - Dexter and Morgan
The Budgies - Waldo, Wanda,  Pixie, and Violet
Fly high little Johnny Meeper  - flew to the Rainbow Bridge 1-6-2010
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 07:28:54 am »

Interesting E.  My guys get flax seed in their mush meals etc.  For nuts I get the all natural slivered almonds.  Less waste.  Once in a while I give them pistachio nuts with the shells as they like to break them open. 
Report Spam   Logged
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 07:34:37 am »

Both of mine LOVE nuts.  They dont waste much, but I do break Yoshi's into managable peices for his little toesies.  They like macadamias and pecans the best.  Zuri does not eat pine nuts but Yoshi devours them.  Both eat almonds pistachios cashews ...
Report Spam   Logged

Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 08:03:36 am »

Sometimes I put pine nuts in their mash. I am always looking for new stuff...the cronks are NOT big seed eaters...nuts and fruit are the mainstay of their bedtime snack.  It seems like i read something about pistachios and I never buy them. Now I can't remember what it was........    thinkin3
Report Spam   Logged

“My brother and sister birds, you should praise your Creator and always love him: He gave you feathers for clothes, wings to fly and all other things that you need. It is God who made you noble among all creatures, making your home in thin, pure air. Without sowing or reaping, you receive God’s guidance and protection.”
St. Francis of Assissi

My rescued and adopted feathered family...
Zebra Finches - The widow Mary Meeper & her new beau Joey Peepers, Leo and all the "kids"
The Quakes - Jade & Buddy & Ducky
"Sunday" Conure - Bella
Canary Wing Parakeets - Dexter and Morgan
The Budgies - Waldo, Wanda,  Pixie, and Violet
Fly high little Johnny Meeper  - flew to the Rainbow Bridge 1-6-2010
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: