Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 19, 2024, 05:09:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Julio gettin snipped!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Julio gettin snipped!  (Read 654 times)
looniebirds
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 32

Smile!

Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 12:28:55 pm »

Babycakes will rant, rave, bite when I try to do anything, but was like putty in the hands of Patrick who once quickly toweled her and did the nails.  Not a peep out of her!  I think they know how to work people like kids do!  Like the kid who is an  :pray: in school but cuts loose at home! devilwink
Report Spam   Logged

patti3birds
Proud mom
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 13

Soaring on the Wings of Love

Badges: (View All)
Windows User Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 01:59:56 pm »

Yeah,
The bedroom I took My recent pictures in is "the safe house" room of my House. It was the very first place I took all of my birds- introducing them to our home.

They run and chirp and play on the bed. When I did Clipped them over the summer, I used my Bedroom as The "room" to do it all in and it worked out perfectly!

As soon as I turned Charlie on his back- he no longer fought me and let me do his wings and nails-right there.

Rose, calm as a cucumber in the washrag...(usually my Demon)

Axel- Wiggles and tried to get out of said washrag...My Stinker!.

***I will also add that I have a Medium Dog carrier that I use to crate Charlie for transport..when putting him in I've noticed less resistance If I hang him (let him dangle ) and steer him in upside down.
Once you get the quickness down of closing the carrier- it starts to feel better for everybody.

Now he knows its His carrier, so if I feel so inclined to take him off, it only takes seconds now. 

and Debz,
I severely clipped my babies this summer.......NEVER AGAIN

Yes, charlie flew away from me, but I was playing with him
#1  I Sorta of encouraged it.
#2. We screened in the front porch--cant fly out and around the house anymore- ROSE.
#3. My Heart sinks at the thump of Axel and Rose hitting the floor NOW.....GGRRRR

I clipped them because Axel was flying and Landing on Charlie's landing pad and Charlie of course flying 150 feet without even breaking a sweat.

ok- my opinion & hopeful helpfulness
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 02:02:39 pm by axel-rose & charlie's Mom(Patti) » Report Spam   Logged

Charlie- Green Winged Macaw
Peyote Tomas- Sunday Conure
Molly- Sun Conure

All Loved and adored By me: Patti

Axel--Feb 08, 2008-Jan 3, 2011** For whom taught me Bird Love**
Rose-- you too my sweet girl Dec 27, 2011
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: