Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 19, 2024, 11:25:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Nail Party!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nail Party!  (Read 276 times)
Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« on: February 02, 2010, 09:49:37 am »

Well, I tried to do nails with a small dremal yesterday, no luck. They were very wiggly, even being toweled. I did use the birdie nail clippers and took the tip off everybodies nails with great success. No bleeding!   AddEmoticons04239 They were all very pissed to say the least. They are not used to being held and restrained in any way, shape, or form. It was kinda cute...when I was done all of them took turns getting on my shoulder giving much love....many hugs and kisses and purring like a cement mixer! Its like they were saying "We're good, right?" Especially Ducky. She was purring and kissing and giving head rub hugs. While I had them I also pinched some pinnies on Buddy and Ducky, which they hate. Everyone looks so much better now. And Buddy actually let me do some post - clipping scritching which is unheard of. She doesn't like it,  but let me rub her head and scritch her neck a bit.  afro.gif I hate seeing those pinnies sticking out. Bud had a ton on her neck as did Ducky. You gotta feel better getting rid of those poking in. And its funny, Jade and Bella will assume the position...love pinnie pinching. Bella goes into a trance. All poofy and doesn't move a muscle. And thats saying a lot from a 9 month old conure.  ;D They are like kids with ADHD!  And we all had a big honey nut cheerio afterward. That makes it all worth while!
Report Spam   Logged

“My brother and sister birds, you should praise your Creator and always love him: He gave you feathers for clothes, wings to fly and all other things that you need. It is God who made you noble among all creatures, making your home in thin, pure air. Without sowing or reaping, you receive God’s guidance and protection.”
St. Francis of Assissi

My rescued and adopted feathered family...
Zebra Finches - The widow Mary Meeper & her new beau Joey Peepers, Leo and all the "kids"
The Quakes - Jade & Buddy & Ducky
"Sunday" Conure - Bella
Canary Wing Parakeets - Dexter and Morgan
The Budgies - Waldo, Wanda,  Pixie, and Violet
Fly high little Johnny Meeper  - flew to the Rainbow Bridge 1-6-2010

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

plantsandbirds
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 18

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 12:40:20 pm »

Ain't it fun????   :D  You should try nails on 30 finches with everyone flapping and fleeing all over the place and trying to catch the ones that HAVEN'T been clipped.  aaaahhhhhh!

My best boy is Legolas Greenleaf the canary.  I think he LIKES nail trimming day.  ;)
Report Spam   Logged
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 12:41:57 pm »

awww cool Jades! AddEmoticons04239
Report Spam   Logged

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 03:43:14 pm »

That is awesome Jadez! afro.gif  Hey, can ya do Julio's nails for me since you are now a pro? ???
Report Spam   Logged
Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 06:14:53 pm »

That is awesome Jadez! afro.gif  Hey, can ya do Julio's nails for me since you are now a pro? ???
Sure! Just let me order a pair of mesh gloves they make shark bite suits out of and I'll be right over!  ;D
Report Spam   Logged

“My brother and sister birds, you should praise your Creator and always love him: He gave you feathers for clothes, wings to fly and all other things that you need. It is God who made you noble among all creatures, making your home in thin, pure air. Without sowing or reaping, you receive God’s guidance and protection.”
St. Francis of Assissi

My rescued and adopted feathered family...
Zebra Finches - The widow Mary Meeper & her new beau Joey Peepers, Leo and all the "kids"
The Quakes - Jade & Buddy & Ducky
"Sunday" Conure - Bella
Canary Wing Parakeets - Dexter and Morgan
The Budgies - Waldo, Wanda,  Pixie, and Violet
Fly high little Johnny Meeper  - flew to the Rainbow Bridge 1-6-2010
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 06:19:58 pm »

Oh, he doesn't like those kinda things :-\
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print