Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 19, 2024, 04:56:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Hepa placement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hepa placement  (Read 184 times)
luvmycadillac
Jardine's Jr. Member

Like my post 8

Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« on: February 09, 2009, 03:03:49 pm »

Not sure where to post this so if its in the wrong place move it ;)

As you may know I recently had a rescue U2 join my home. She has actually had great progress in the short time she has been with us. Last night I rearranged the room in which she is being kept for the next 30 days (or so) and the hepa filter can no longer sit behind her cage directly in the center. Where is a good spot to put the hepa so that it collects as much dander as it currently is collecting? Can it be anywhere in the room but the farther away the higher the speed it should be on? I tried to put a small end table near her cage but it prevented me from being able to access her dishes. I have her right now in a corner as someone told me that putting her in a corner may make her feel more secure as to out in the open? So on the end table would be the only place for it in order for it to be high enough up to be dead center of her cage, hope you understand how I am trying to describe it.

Also she plays with her tongue nonstop(and bites or appears to bite her feet all the time). She does have a clean bill of health from the avian vet prior to her coming into my home. She does not play with toys only about 4 or 5 times has she played with something and that is while I was vacuuming in her room. I also noticed (thanks to my other half) that  past the tip its concave and looks like something out of a horror flick. I guess I never noticed this on another U2 as the only ones Ive ever been in contact didnt constantly play with their tongues. Is this normal? I assume it is seeing as the Vet said she is perfectly healthy. Now mind you I had a rosebreasted for about 3 yrs prior to moving to ND (she now lives with my BFF) and I never noticed this about her tongue maybe its because she didnt play with it nonstop!

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BuffaloParrot

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 05:02:40 pm »

I would put the filter as close as possible and turn it up a notch.  Make sure nothing is blowing towards your fid so it doesn't get a cold draft from it.  I have seen some Parrots using their tongues alot, and don't think it is abnormal?  Your newbie has gone through much changes so give some time for your Too to get settled in and more comfortable with your surroundings, housemates, etc..  In time she will settle in and start playing more, etc.. As long as you don't see any damage or mutilation, I don't think the biting of the feet is a big concern.  Our GGC does this often and worries me, but I always have an eye on it and never see any damage to the feet.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: