Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:43:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

UPDATE ON PAPPY THE AMAZON

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UPDATE ON PAPPY THE AMAZON  (Read 112 times)
looniebirds
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 32

Smile!

Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« on: October 19, 2009, 01:25:20 pm »

most of you remember me telling about pappy the amazon whose owner died and the guy at pet world was possibly going to let me have him.

i had to tell him i couldn't do it, as i have so many to care for at this time. i didn't feel it would be fair to me or pappy for me to take him.

the family who gave him up have visited him a couple of times and may have a change of heart also.

it could have been the opportunity of a lifetime, but it is not about me, it's about what would be best for him.  that's what matters.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

zimbasmom
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 24

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 03:02:04 pm »

Well that is too bad you would have loved living with a Zon, they are awesome birds but sounds like the right decision for all involved, and you never know what the future holds... you may come across another bird another time that will be a better fit.
Report Spam   Logged

The difference between kids and parrots is that it's funny when a parrot talks back.

www.macawsandmore.com
Home: Houston, TX
1 Loved Congo African Grey~Zimba
2 Spoiled Cats
Bunch of Salt Water Fishies
Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 04:19:02 pm »

So he's still at the pet store....maybe they will take him back home.
Report Spam   Logged

“My brother and sister birds, you should praise your Creator and always love him: He gave you feathers for clothes, wings to fly and all other things that you need. It is God who made you noble among all creatures, making your home in thin, pure air. Without sowing or reaping, you receive God’s guidance and protection.”
St. Francis of Assissi

My rescued and adopted feathered family...
Zebra Finches - The widow Mary Meeper & her new beau Joey Peepers, Leo and all the "kids"
The Quakes - Jade & Buddy & Ducky
"Sunday" Conure - Bella
Canary Wing Parakeets - Dexter and Morgan
The Budgies - Waldo, Wanda,  Pixie, and Violet
Fly high little Johnny Meeper  - flew to the Rainbow Bridge 1-6-2010
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 04:55:18 pm »

It is good you realize to right now are at your limit.  Hopefully the former owners will take this poor bird back home. ;)
Report Spam   Logged
looniebirds
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 32

Smile!

Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 11:40:00 am »

most of you remember me telling about pappy the amazon whose owner died and the guy at pet world was possibly going to let me have him.

i had to tell him i couldn't do it, as i have so many to care for at this time. i didn't feel it would be fair to me or pappy for me to take him.

the family who gave him up have visited him a couple of times and may have a change of heart also.

it could have been the opportunity of a lifetime, but it is not about me, it's about what would be best for him.  that's what matters.

I found out today that Pappy's old family did not take him back. 2sadk  But there is some good news.  He found a home with somebody else.  I hope he will be treated well, I think he will though.  I don't think my friend would have given him to just anybody.  Just wanted to let everyone know. wink1
Report Spam   Logged

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 03:46:41 pm »

clap
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: