Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:41:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Breeding ???

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breeding ???  (Read 912 times)
chance
Rescuer
Hahn's Member

Like my post 15

Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« on: July 29, 2009, 06:29:20 pm »

REMOVED
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 03:24:52 pm by chance » Report Spam   Logged

www.secondchancebirdrescue.com

What good are wings of an angle if they never get to fly !
Don't Breed , Don't Buy , Adopt a bird in need !!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BrilliantFids
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 23

Level 5 Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 06:38:02 pm »

first why are you breeding? I breed one pair of budgies because they were my first birds and I would like to have their babies when they are gone.

Do you keep the babies or sell them? I keep one baby from each clutch, the rest I give to bird friends like Mi Amore, and Bird_lover.

Do you think your birds enjoy breeding ? Maybe

Or do you enjoy the babies ? I do

Do you realize the serious situation we are in right now with un-wanted birds? Yes I do

have you ever visited a bird shelter and seen the numbers of unwanted and abused birds? No I have not

do you read my posts in regards to the numbers of birds coming in and the abuse going on? Yes

have you watched the videos on the plight of these beautiful creatures? yes

Why do you breed then ask what to do? I dont ask what to do.

do you truly love your birds and have their best interest at heart ? Yes I truly do

these are just a few questions I would like answered ..
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:41:44 pm by BrilliantFids » Report Spam   Logged

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 06:52:42 pm »

I hate to do this, but I thought you sold them also?  http://feathersnfun.synthasite.com/
Report Spam   Logged
Mi Amore
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 16

for the love of all living things great and small

Linux User Mobile User Level 4
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 06:58:53 pm »

she hasnt sold any babies that i know of for a while D she has only one love bird now and one pair of budgies from the last 2 clutches she gave me 2 and the clutch she has now wasnt expected i dont believe. i know maybe in the past she did but not anymore!
Report Spam   Logged

chance
Rescuer
Hahn's Member

Like my post 15

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 07:01:49 pm »

These are just questions that I wanted to know for myself, I am seeing the numbers of unwanted birds increasing fast, and was just curious reasons for breeding, This is not a attack or anything just needed to know.
Report Spam   Logged

EriNes11
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 19

Windows User Level 4 Combination
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 08:07:54 pm »

Chance im just wondering isnt the increase of birds due to the fact that the world in an economic crisses and they getting rid of there pets? 
Report Spam   Logged

chance
Rescuer
Hahn's Member

Like my post 15

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 08:12:39 pm »

the increase is from over breeding and economy , birds are being pumped out like breeding machines in bird mills, the numbers have to stop increasing or we will be facing a serious problem.
Report Spam   Logged

EriNes11
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 19

Windows User Level 4 Combination
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 08:20:45 pm »

Okay just wondering/checking poor poor birdies =/ thanks chance though
Report Spam   Logged

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 08:36:00 pm »

Not only are breeders pumping them out in alarming numbers, but there is still a big time problem with the smuggling of illegal wild parrots into this country for the pet trade.  Combine the two and I want to cry!  This is happening and is a much bigger problem than anyone thinks!  To top it off?  Parrots are NOT domesticated!  They are wild no matter if ya breed them or purchase them!  They are meant to be free and fly the skies with their beloved flocks!  This is just too much!  People need to know and understand this!
Report Spam   Logged
Mi Amore
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 16

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 09:35:47 pm »

you know erines i was thinking the same thing!
Report Spam   Logged

Mi Amore
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 16

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 09:39:04 pm »

chance and d i agree to a point. i know that there are lots without homes and all that but... bfids knows she can find good homes for her babies and she isnt making a profit off them. i love the babies she has given me as does hannah i am sure. i know she is careful where they go and she doesnt do the breeding for a hobby either. this is my opinion and facts as far as bfids goes. i dont want to start any issues but i just wanted to state the facts and my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

macawlover2
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 22

Search Webmaster Windows User
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 09:44:21 pm »

D, the www.feathersnfun.synthasite.com isn't really being used... Or at least I don't get any emails from it. I was actually considering shutting it down because I made it just for fun. At the beginning I was serious about it, but then I realized that it wasn't very good.

I know I'm going to open a big can of worms here, but I'm going to share my opinion about breeding.

For everyone out there who likes their parrot (other than wild caught ones), thank a breeder. Almost all our birds wouldn't be here without one.  
If breeding stopped right this minute, then within one generation all the captive-bred parrots would be gone. Nothing left. And because of that, the black market would skyrocket. Poachers would capture wild birds at unbelievable numbers because the value of them would be incredibly high. So in a way, breeding parrots is helping to keep the wild ones free. So, although I'm pro-rescue, I'm also pro-breeder. In fact, I hope to breed some of the more rare parrots when I get older. It's been a dream I've always had, and will continue to have until it comes true.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally against the bird mill breeders! I think they should all close down for good because they're in horrible conditions. But the small, GOOD breeders should be allowed to keep breeding I think. Like Tiff. She takes excellent care of her birds, and I see nothing wrong with it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 09:46:09 pm by macawlover2 » Report Spam   Logged

Blue & Gold Macaw- Cheyenne
Plus reptiles reptiles reptiles!
Mi Amore
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 16

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 11:12:55 pm »

i agree with you totally emily. if i wasnt for the good breeders we wouldnt get to enjoy our birds and we wouldnt have so many left in the wild.
Report Spam   Logged

Heartlets
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 16

Crowies!!

Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 11:48:34 pm »

although i do understand where chance and D are coming from, i must say, i don't think criticizing a couple of young people who obviously love their birds is necessary. i think there are way worse situations to be worried about rather that the few people who show their love and devotion to birds and only out put, like 5 birds a year. and not to mention it's to their friends so they know the birds are going to good homes. I don't think any of the birds that are products of Bfids will ever be in rescues, so why target her? its ridiculous...just my thoughts.
Report Spam   Logged

~*♥ www.corvid337.deviantart.com ♥*~-----(see my art and my fids♥)
~*♥ www.crowies.webs.com ♥*~-----(my wild bird photos)
lorek
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 29

Level 5 Search Level 4
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 01:03:15 am »

the following is strictly my opinion:

first and foremost it is not the overpopulation of birds that is the issue it is the lack of education to the mass populace that is the issue.  better education is the key to less homeless pets.  This is the responsibility of everyone, breeders, pet stores, rescues alike.  i don't care how many homeless birds you rescue if you are only adopting to people you know and not going out into the community to better educate those around you on the better care for their companions than you are no better than a breeder who does not screen their potential homes for the animals they sell.  Degredation and accusation do not achieve a better life for the animal and that is MY ultimate goal in dealing with any companion animal.  While i myself do not breed any animals, i do not blame those who do.  There are many different ways to assist in the care of companion animals but to assume one is always correct and to have a closed mind is to shut out many more animals who are in need in different ways.  Breeding itself is not inherently bad, poor follow through and education is bad.  this is true with any species.

I came to this forum to be able to share in my love of parrots and increase my knowledge for their health and well being.  as i see it now, it has turned into the same game, just different players.  this is greatly disappointing to me.
Report Spam   Logged

Canary Winged Parakeet - Kiwi 2006-2012.  fly high baby boy, i miss you.
Normal Green Cheek Conure - Tumbler (4yo)
Turquoise Green Cheek Conure - Dart (3yo)
Illiger's Macaw - Anduin (15yo)
White Winged Parakeet - Mango (2yo)
Normal Cockatiel - Apollo (unknown)

Raised in Pennsylvania... now living on the outskirts of Kansas
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: