Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:04:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Great news for SCBR!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great news for SCBR!  (Read 742 times)
BuffaloParrot

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 05:17:55 pm »

***   Yes!  Now I know.  The one who stuck their head into our little Lefebers fiasco a year ago!  ******.  Yes.  I know who you are and stay the hell off my forum.  It is not a warning just so you know.  I will frag you and please get a life before you have none.  Fly a way now!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 06:44:15 pm by AdminBuffaloParrot » Report Spam   Logged
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 05:24:02 pm »

I also think, but could be wrong the IP address for her is xx.xx.xxx.167
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 02:51:53 pm by chance » Report Spam   Logged
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 05:52:27 pm »

Another IP address for us to be a ware of  xx.xx.xx.201  There is nothing I hate more and love to sniff out is a bunch of low life trolls with no life evil.gif
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 02:52:22 pm by chance » Report Spam   Logged
sophiemae
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 31

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 06:48:14 pm »

I am so pissed right now! How dare she do this! *** I suggest you stop right now with your slander of SCBR. I will be contacting Petco in this matter and I am seriously thinking of suing you for deformation of character. My name and reputation is attached to this, as is Chance's. I will not have it!!! Nor will anyone else here that has worked so hard to help SCBR and who supports SCBR.

Chance once again I am sorry that someone has to take away the joy. You are a far better person and in the end you will always be the one to come out on top  O0
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 06:45:08 pm by AdminBuffaloParrot » Report Spam   Logged

Rachel: 10yr old Congo African Grey
Jimmy: 4yr old Peach Fronted Conure
The Three Stooges: 6mo old Zebra Finches
Crossroads: Unknown age Spangle Sky Blue Budgie
Chowder: 1yr old Opiliated Green Budgie
Georgette: 8yr old Black DMH Princess
Romeo: 2.5yr old White & Tan Siamese Mix
Home: Henderson, NV
Mi Amore
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 16

for the love of all living things great and small

Linux User Mobile User Level 4
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 07:12:03 pm »

thanks sophiemae and petco and amy you stay away from here and stay away from chance.  knuppel2.gif
Report Spam   Logged

Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 09:40:20 pm »

Funny this happens at the same time as all the trouble on your site.  She needs a psych consult.
Report Spam   Logged

“My brother and sister birds, you should praise your Creator and always love him: He gave you feathers for clothes, wings to fly and all other things that you need. It is God who made you noble among all creatures, making your home in thin, pure air. Without sowing or reaping, you receive God’s guidance and protection.”
St. Francis of Assissi

My rescued and adopted feathered family...
Zebra Finches - The widow Mary Meeper & her new beau Joey Peepers, Leo and all the "kids"
The Quakes - Jade & Buddy & Ducky
"Sunday" Conure - Bella
Canary Wing Parakeets - Dexter and Morgan
The Budgies - Waldo, Wanda,  Pixie, and Violet
Fly high little Johnny Meeper  - flew to the Rainbow Bridge 1-6-2010
zimbasmom
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 24

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2009, 11:36:45 pm »

Well great news about the food, hope that still works out and it is too bad you have some knucklehead messing with you and in your buisness.  tickedoff.gif
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 11:58:30 pm by zimbasmom » Report Spam   Logged

The difference between kids and parrots is that it's funny when a parrot talks back.

www.macawsandmore.com
Home: Houston, TX
1 Loved Congo African Grey~Zimba
2 Spoiled Cats
Bunch of Salt Water Fishies
2ndChanceJr
RESCUER/ADOPTER
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 13

Me And my boy Syd

Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 06:45:48 am »

*** can do what she likes, she will not win. I e-mailed her some legal info and informed her that action will be taken if she continues. I also contacted Petco and apologized for them being dragged into this. I do not think this will affect their very generous donation, I have also invited them to come and pay us a visit, if that is what they would like to do.
I have had it with *** and her constant antics. Here, I will share my correspondance with *** for you all to see:

We have no concerns with Petco paying us a visit, I have actually invited them to come and see our shelter. What I do not appreciate is everytime the shelter gets some actual backing you try to destroy it. We need this backing to make this shelter what it should be. So I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to sabotage everything we try to do to improve our operation.
This will be my last correspondance to you, unless you decide to try some other stupid trick to bring us down. Now, stay off of our forums and worry about your own insignificant life.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

Kim Bateman
Vice President
Second Chance Bird Rescue
A 501c Non-Profit Organization
Donations Welcome, Please Visit
www.secondchancebirdrescue.com

http://www.myspace.com/allcritters4me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: kimbateman2000@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 8, 2009 4:33:28 PM
Subject: RE: Enough

Everything I have said or will say will be the truth as I know it and be stated as such.

I don't understand why you are all concerned if Petco would like to see the shelter?  You could end up getting even more support from them.

You might never get shut down, but I will make sure that you are monitored and inspected so if nothing else I will know the conditions at the shelter are adequate.

Now please do not contact me again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 12:52:04 -0700
Subject: Re: Enough
To: ***

It will stand up and as far as " And btw, written is LIBEL, did you even read what you sent? .lol" goes, it was taken straight from a law site, copied and pasted, not as smart as you think you are, now are you.

Do your best ***, you will never succeed in shutting us down, you have nothing. And no, not counting on that, just wanted you to know that no matter what you write or say, you will not get away with it.

Kim Bateman
Vice President

To: kimbateman2000@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 8, 2009 3:37:21 PM
Subject: RE: Enough

Sorry, won't stand up.  Asking a charitable organization if they do check the places they donate to is not slander. I made no claims, only that I believe they should judge for themselves before donating.

But go get a lawyer and try and prove something.   And btw, written is LIBEL, did you even read what you sent? .lol

Like how you highlighted the part about it not always having to be proven what was said was false.  LOL   Counting on that part are ya?   That slim chance that you wouldn't have to prove what I wrote was false? lol

When I actually SPEAK to Paul Jolly, then Barb can try the slander angle. 

Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 12:27:56 -0700
Subject: Enough
To: ***
CC: secondchancerescue@frontiernet.net

Please read. You can and will be sued under the following definition,

In law, defamation (also called calumny, libel (for written words), slander (for spoken words), and vilification) is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government or nation a negative image. It is usually, but not always,[1] a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).
In common law jurisdictions, slander refers to a malicious, false and defamatory spoken statement or report, while libel refers to any other form of communication such as written words or images. Most jurisdictions allow legal actions, civil and/or criminal, to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism. Related to defamation is public disclosure of private facts, which arises where one person reveals information that is not of public concern, and the release of which would offend a reasonable person. "Unlike [with] libel, truth is not a defence for invasion of privacy."[2]

Kim Bateman
Vice President

« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 06:47:31 pm by AdminBuffaloParrot » Report Spam   Logged

My Zoo:                                     
U2- Kara U2-Sydney U2 Foster-Tish
Ruby Macaw-Poppy  Military Macaw-Major
Shepherd Mix- Mya
Shepherd/Rott- Rocky
Cats - Brat & Minnie & Angel
Ball Pythons- Monty & Buddy
DON'T BREED, DON'T BUY. RESCUE A BIRD IN NEED!
chance
Rescuer
Hahn's Member

Like my post 15

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 07:22:05 am »

I have had enough of this B**ch , I have my lawyer involved now, and we will go forward with legal action, how dare her try to take food away from the birds. how does that hurt me ? it hurts the birds, *** you are so concerned about the birds but yet you are the one trying to take good things away from them !!
Well this time you have pushed me to far, I will not sit back on this one. you will pay for what you have done to me and this rescue for a year now...

anyone who would like to write letters and share what you have seen this rescue go through for the past year thanks to *** ,please do, we will be taking lots of information and e-mails etc.. to court.

as I said im done, I have been pushed to far this time.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 06:48:43 pm by AdminBuffaloParrot » Report Spam   Logged

What good are wings of an angle if they never get to fly !
Don't Breed , Don't Buy , Adopt a bird in need !!
2ndChanceJr
RESCUER/ADOPTER

Like my post 13

Me And my boy Syd

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2009, 07:27:30 am »

Here is the e-mail *** sent to PETCO:

Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 5:29 AM
To: PETCO Foundation
Subject: Second Chance Bird Rescue, Rochester NY

Good Morning,

It was recently brought to my attention that the Petco Foundation will be donating to Second Chance Bird Rescue in Rochester NY.  I am inquiring as to if anyone from your Foundation has actually been to Second Chance Bird Rescue? If not I implore you to please do so before supporting in any way shape or form, this rescue.  SCBR has and continues to be under investigation by the Humane Society at Lollypop Farm.  Both her husbandry and veterinary care (or lack of) has been questioned.  In fact this place was the very reason that Lafeber's changed their policy in supporting rescues:

http://www.lafeber.com/Ask-Lafeber/detail.aspx?id=32195&page=6

Question posted by Steve Spangler on Sunday, October 05, 2008:

Nutri-berries recall?

Marlene posted a question on Sept 17th regarding some bird deaths and a recall of Nutri-berries. The response was that it was being looked into and testing was being done. How long before results will be available to your customers? I recently lost a 2 1/2 year old Sun Conure to sudden death, and she loved your Nutri-berries. I now have two new young conures who also love Nutri-berries but I am withholding the product from them until this issue is resolved. Thank you for a reply.

Lafeber Reply: Hi Steve,
There has been no recall & there is no link between our food & any bird deaths. If we even suspected a problem, a recall would have been issued immediately. We all feed our birds the same Nutri-Berries that we sell & would never do anything to risk the lives of our pet birds.
Thank you for visiting Lafeber's,
Brenda
Dear Steve
Here is Dr. Lafeber's Letter, I hope this helps you feel better :)
Thank you
Kathi

October 8, 2008

Dear Bird Lovers,

We have had a few questions from bird lovers who heard that there were some potential problems with Nutri-Berries, because of accusations posted on an internet site stating that Sunny Orchard Nutri-Berries killed some birds at a bird rescue facility. 

These accusations have been found to be completely false.  Sunny Orchard Nutri-Berries have scientifically been found to be very safe.   

Upon hearing of the accusations, Lafeber Company immediately hired Dr. Susan Orosz PhD, DVM, Dipl ABVP (Avian), Dipl ECAMS, who is one of the top 5 avian veterinarians in the world, as an independent consultant to direct, investigate, and analyze the situation.  She ordered a variety of tests, including toxin testing; and, reviewed the Lafeber Company ingredient data.  She also had a local board certified avian veterinarian visit and review the bird rescue. 

After Lafeber Company spent more than $5000 on this investigation, Dr Orosz found the Nutri-Berries in question to be perfectly safe.  She believes the birds may have died from disease, husbandry concerns, or from some other undetermined cause. 

It is distressing that Lafeber Company gave Nutri-Berries for free to this bird rescue facility and was then falsely accused of hurting birds.  Further, the $5000, which was budgeted for helping bird rescues, has been spent on a needless investigation. 

Because of these false accusations, Lafeber Company, with the assistance of Dr. Orosz and other highly respected avian veterinarians, has begun a process of developing new bird rescue food donation guidelines.  Beginning on approximately January 1, 2009, Lafeber Company will be directing their support to bird rescues organizations that meet the new guidelines and that have a regular working relationship with a local avian veterinarian. 

We apologize for the unnecessary concern that was created by these false accusations and we hope that the new veterinary recommended bird rescue food donation guidelines prevent this situation from ever happening again. 

Sincerely,

Dr. Lafeber

CEO & President

Lafeber Company

Again I implore you to please send someone to check out this rescue for yourselves and to contact the Humane Society at Lollypop Farm and also Lafaber's before helping this place stay open and putting your name behind them in support.  For the sake of the birds already in their care, and any that will unfortunately end up there, please do not support SCBR until your Foundation has personally looked at it and their vet records to make sure they are providing proper care. 

Sincerely,

« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 06:50:09 pm by AdminBuffaloParrot » Report Spam   Logged

My Zoo:                                     
Shepherd Mix- Mya
Shepherd/Rott- Rocky
Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2009, 07:39:20 am »

I don't know why you would even email her. This is what she wants. Do what you have to do, but don't get into the he said , she said stuff with her. Everytime you email her, you validate her crap. I would do what I had to do, but ignore her directly. She is not worth the effort, and lives for the argument. Don't make her important enough to contact.
Report Spam   Logged

“My brother and sister birds, you should praise your Creator and always love him: He gave you feathers for clothes, wings to fly and all other things that you need. It is God who made you noble among all creatures, making your home in thin, pure air. Without sowing or reaping, you receive God’s guidance and protection.”
St. Francis of Assissi

Zebra Finches - The widow Mary Meeper & her new beau Joey Peepers, Leo and all the "kids"
"Sunday" Conure - Bella
2ndChanceJr
RESCUER/ADOPTER

Like my post 13

Me And my boy Syd

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 07:42:33 am »

That is what was stated in my last e-mail to her. She needed to know we are not stupid or playing her game anymore. It is now in the Attorneys hands.
Report Spam   Logged

My Zoo:                                     
Shepherd Mix- Mya
Shepherd/Rott- Rocky
Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2009, 07:46:29 am »

Good girl. If you need a statement for the lawyer from anybody, I am here for you. Don't forget, I have adopted 3 very happy, very healthy fids from the rescue, and have been up a number of times. I didn't mean to tell you what to do, I just hate to see this troll get any sort of validation from anyone. I don't have a problem emailing Petco either if you would like. You know I am behind you guys 110%.
Report Spam   Logged

St. Francis of Assissi

"Sunday" Conure - Bella
chance
Rescuer
Hahn's Member

Like my post 15

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2009, 08:37:21 am »

As my lawyer said now that we have that e-mail she sent to petco we now have her ! he said it does not matter if its fact or fiction the point is she is effecting a buisness , and this rescue is considered a buisness since its a corporation !

Miss no it all better look up the laws a bit better, cause she just broke them !
Report Spam   Logged

What good are wings of an angle if they never get to fly !
Don't Breed , Don't Buy , Adopt a bird in need !!
BPMar
Mom of our Flock! AKA K&T Mom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 40

Graphics Specialist buffaloparrot.com

Search Level 5 Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2009, 08:50:16 am »

Ditto to Jadez.  I can write them on your behalf also if needed.  I can also provide pictures or any other kind of support.  We are always behind ya!  O0
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: