Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 18, 2024, 09:57:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Petco

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petco  (Read 619 times)
looniebirds
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 32

Smile!

Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« on: June 23, 2009, 09:43:02 pm »

I went in Petco this evening to buy crickets for Toad.  I always go look at the birdies and ferrets and all, and I was looking at the cockatiels and saw a sign on the cockatiel cage that said basically that Petco suggested that before buying a bird, to consider adoption first!  I was pleasantly surprised! :)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 09:54:06 pm »

O0 They have that in the 2 in syracuse. And petsmart has kitties on display for adoption. You can hold them and bond and see what you think if you are considering adoption. Now, petland, thats a real pit! I won't even go in there.
Report Spam   Logged

“My brother and sister birds, you should praise your Creator and always love him: He gave you feathers for clothes, wings to fly and all other things that you need. It is God who made you noble among all creatures, making your home in thin, pure air. Without sowing or reaping, you receive God’s guidance and protection.”
St. Francis of Assissi

My rescued and adopted feathered family...
Zebra Finches - The widow Mary Meeper & her new beau Joey Peepers, Leo and all the "kids"
The Quakes - Jade & Buddy & Ducky
"Sunday" Conure - Bella
Canary Wing Parakeets - Dexter and Morgan
The Budgies - Waldo, Wanda,  Pixie, and Violet
Fly high little Johnny Meeper  - flew to the Rainbow Bridge 1-6-2010
EriNes11
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 19

Windows User Level 4 Combination
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 10:22:11 pm »

Omg i fell in love with one of those kitty jadesmom!!  but my mommy said no more pets specially cats  :(  guess i cant blame her if it harmed one of my birdies i will never be able to look at it agai. Petsmart i perfer by us compared to petco.  but that just our local ones.
Report Spam   Logged

Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 10:28:26 pm »

Yup Erins I agree...
around here
Petsmart is the best. Petco is ok, but could keep there fids differently. I hate to see them in the room, all isolated. And what is the point if you can walk right in anyway? I was in there to buy Bella's cage monday, and a little green cheek and a little sunny were practically standing on their heads for attention. So lonely..... :'(
And petland = pit of torture.
I also have stopped going to that ACk's on Rt. 11. I am sick of watching him pass his birds around to every body that walks in the dpoor. And most of them are pretty scruffy looking, and I mean the customers.
Report Spam   Logged

“My brother and sister birds, you should praise your Creator and always love him: He gave you feathers for clothes, wings to fly and all other things that you need. It is God who made you noble among all creatures, making your home in thin, pure air. Without sowing or reaping, you receive God’s guidance and protection.”
St. Francis of Assissi

Zebra Finches - The widow Mary Meeper & her new beau Joey Peepers, Leo and all the "kids"
"Sunday" Conure - Bella
macawlover2
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 22

Search Webmaster Windows User
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 11:08:13 pm »

I think that Petsmart and Petco do a good job caring for their birds. I love how Petco does the adoption thing, and I wish that Petsmart did it too (other than just with cats).
Although some people claim that these two big chain stores neglect their animals, I think that some of the animals have better care there than at actual homes. I mean, how many homes will make a pet's cage/habitat spotless everyday, give them salads every morning, change bedding once a week, and clean and disinfect everything in the cage once a week as well? lol.
Report Spam   Logged

Blue & Gold Macaw- Cheyenne
Plus reptiles reptiles reptiles!
Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 11:33:24 pm »

LOL... I do!   ;)
Report Spam   Logged

St. Francis of Assissi

"Sunday" Conure - Bella
sophiemae
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 31

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 02:03:28 am »

That's great that they are leading people towards adoption first  O0 Here the Petsmarts are better than the Petco's in terms of price and supplies. Petco here does have more species of birds than the Petsmart though. In both stores all the animals look in good shape and I've yet to see a dirty cage.
Report Spam   Logged

Rachel: 10yr old Congo African Grey
Jimmy: 4yr old Peach Fronted Conure
The Three Stooges: 6mo old Zebra Finches
Crossroads: Unknown age Spangle Sky Blue Budgie
Chowder: 1yr old Opiliated Green Budgie
Georgette: 8yr old Black DMH Princess
Romeo: 2.5yr old White & Tan Siamese Mix
Home: Henderson, NV
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 07:58:06 am »

Here the Petco near us does the adoption first thing.  says it everywhere you look.  I was quite bummed out when they took out most of their bird suppleis a few mos ago.  PetSmart just came in around xmas and it is pretty cool as far as supplies go.  they don't have a selection of birds though, only a couple.

I always go in a play with the birds when I am at Petco.  The cages are usually clean, with the occasional exception.  But the birds love to be played with and talked to.  And of course I love it too.
Report Spam   Logged

wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 08:16:42 am »

Are there still Petlands? wow, it has been a WHILE around here.....and good thing too, they were PITS! you are RIGHT!
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
Mi Amore
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 16

for the love of all living things great and small

Linux User Mobile User Level 4
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 12:05:12 pm »

we got a new petsmart in march. it is ok but the prices can be high. they do the cat adoption thing there. petco is my favorite pet store i get a chance to work with one of the trainers there for the dogs and she went to school to be a vet tech as well so she helps me out alot. they get in all kinds of pets for adoption cats,birds,reptiles,fish,bunnies,ferrets,and other small animals. they also allow rescue groups to come in with their animals to help them find homes as well. i adopted from there a few times mostly fish though. they do have a great clearence section for those of us who are low on cash and want to spoil our pets. maybe in time the petsmart will have lower prices i am guessing it is because they are so new. the petsmart here also doesnt adopt out the baby fish they resell them. we do however have a pet foods plus that is great bfids and i get our bird food from them. we also have a tropic waters pet store they are really high in prices but the staff is nice.
Report Spam   Logged

Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 12:51:58 pm »

Petsmart is about par as far as price around here. And its a 20 minute closer drive for me. The one thing I hate is you hardly ever get a discount on fid stuff with the saver card. A very few things here and there. Its all dog and cat discounts mostly.
Report Spam   Logged

St. Francis of Assissi

"Sunday" Conure - Bella
macawlover2
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 22

Search Webmaster Windows User
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 02:23:17 pm »

You guys should've gone to Petsmart a couple week ago! (maybe it was more like a month ago, I forget). Almost ALL of their bird toys and supplies were on sale, and a ton of the toys were on clearance! I pretty much cleared out the shelves when I went on a shopping-spree.  :D
Report Spam   Logged

Blue & Gold Macaw- Cheyenne
Plus reptiles reptiles reptiles!
Mi Amore
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 16

for the love of all living things great and small

Linux User Mobile User Level 4
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 02:28:49 pm »

our petsmart didnt really have good sales ml2
Report Spam   Logged

Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 07:36:43 pm »

I find most everything sold out that is a good sale. And they never have parrot puffs any more, I have to drive an hour 2 syracuse for those. But I will say, I bought 2 feeder goldfish, Hitler and Spot, for 19 cents a piece, and they are beautiful, growing like weeds. 2 more lives saved! O0
Report Spam   Logged

St. Francis of Assissi

"Sunday" Conure - Bella
lorek
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 29

Level 5 Search Level 4
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 07:37:58 pm »

ML2 i did the same thing to both petsmarts in wichita... haha.  :)  there were lots of good things. 
Report Spam   Logged

Canary Winged Parakeet - Kiwi 2006-2012.  fly high baby boy, i miss you.
Normal Green Cheek Conure - Tumbler (4yo)
Turquoise Green Cheek Conure - Dart (3yo)
Illiger's Macaw - Anduin (15yo)
White Winged Parakeet - Mango (2yo)
Normal Cockatiel - Apollo (unknown)

Raised in Pennsylvania... now living on the outskirts of Kansas
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: