Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 09:27:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Is there no end??

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there no end??  (Read 177 times)
BrokenWing
Teacher Member
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« on: May 24, 2009, 09:39:47 am »

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

http://www.viddler.com/explore/SavePups/videos/1/
Report Spam   Logged

When all is done that is asked from me and I can fly no higher, I pray this day his hand extends to welcome home a flier.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BrokenWing
Teacher Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 09:42:56 am »

Will the tears ever end?

Report Spam   Logged

When all is done that is asked from me and I can fly no higher, I pray this day his hand extends to welcome home a flier.
2ndChanceJr
RESCUER/ADOPTER

Like my post 13

Me And my boy Syd

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 09:44:56 am »

Sorry BW, I got through the first 5 seconds and couldn't watch anymore. I hate people >:(
Report Spam   Logged

My Zoo:                                     
U2- Kara U2-Sydney U2 Foster-Tish
Ruby Macaw-Poppy  Military Macaw-Major
Shepherd Mix- Mya
Shepherd/Rott- Rocky
Cats - Brat & Minnie & Angel
Ball Pythons- Monty & Buddy
DON'T BREED, DON'T BUY. RESCUE A BIRD IN NEED!
chance
Rescuer
Hahn's Member

Like my post 15

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 10:53:31 am »

I could not watch it :'( I saw the first pic and that was enough for me, the pain I got in my heart just seeing that was enough :'(
Report Spam   Logged

www.secondchancebirdrescue.com

What good are wings of an angle if they never get to fly !
Don't Breed , Don't Buy , Adopt a bird in need !!
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 11:33:46 am »

I watched the whole thing.  I can say that I have not felt this sick inside for quite some time! :-[  There is no punishment I know of to ever justify something like this! >:(
Report Spam   Logged
macawlover2
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 22

Search Webmaster Windows User
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 03:09:35 pm »

:'( That's just horrible. The humans who do that should have a hook stuck through THEIR nose and put in the water.  :'(
Report Spam   Logged

Blue & Gold Macaw- Cheyenne
Plus reptiles reptiles reptiles!
sophiemae
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 31

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 06:54:35 pm »

This is probably going to make people mad, but I feel I need to say this.

There is no question that someone put that hook in the dogs face. It's something that is barbaric and there is no call for! However that being said I have to question the validitity of dogs being used as shark bait. Here are my reasons for that:
1. If that hook was placed while the dog was awake it would have struggled, there are no signs of struggle where the hook is placed, there is no dried blood like there should be, there is no tearing or ripping of the surrounding tissue which should have occured as well if there was a struggle.
2. Lets say this dog was thrown in the water to catch a shark. This dog is too big, a Great White would not even come upon it and attempt to swallow it whole so the hook could be set in the sharks mouth. A dog is an unfamiliar prey for any shark. Sharks first test things out with a test bite that is usually done towards the rear or mid section of prey. After a test bite if a shark decided to take a dog as prey it would not be all in one bite, they would grab a section and begin to twist side to side to tear off a portion. (it would have to be a small dog, no bigger than a Lhasa for a shark to most likely take it whole and even then a test bite would still come into play. Smaller sharks like Reef, Lemons, Nurse would not take it whole) With the hook being in the soft tissues of the lips the twisting/tearing action alone would cause tention on the line and the hook would be ripped out. If a fisherman were to use a dog as bait he would be better served to use a deceased dog that is portioned into pieces for a whole dog is just too big. Again the placement of the hook would not allow a proper set of the hook in a sharks mouth.
3. Sharks are very smart creatures. They are weary of unknown possible prey items and a thrashing dog in the water is going to tend to be more of a "air on the side of caution" then a fish would be. The hook is on the business end of the dog, sharks try to protect themselves from injury when hunting. More often than not a shark will take a seal, fish, whatever their primary prey item is by the back end and make sure the prey is deceased before moving on to the front end. Their noses are very sensitive and do not risk injury idly. When fish is used as bait it is usually the tail or head of a tuna for Great Whites and smaller size fish cut the same way for smaller sharks.
4. Now on to the clips of the hooks in the paws of a dog, I'm not convinced it was the same dog with the hook in it's nose. I have seen this more than a few times due to careless fishermen throwing hooks with line attached away on the shorelines of lakes and beaches. A dog comes along the shoreline and while walking about those stray hooks can get imbeded into their paws. You can clearly see dried blood and swelling where those hooks were in the feet. The hooks also were not clear through the skin like they should have been had that been a dog used as bait. Compare the neatness of the nose hook with the hooks in the feet, a much different picture.

It may be that dogs are being used for bait in the killing of sharks. I only know that the evidence in this video does not add up to be so. I find myself wondering if this is just a tactic to gain more support or donations, though I am unsure as I don't have proof of that.

And what of the shark, why isn't this group pleading for their safety as well? Hundreds of sharks are killed each day for their fins. They are hoisted on board, fins cut off and then thrown back in the water to drown to death. If things continue the way they are there will soon be key losses in the food chain of the oceans. The oceans are in trouble now as things stand, if sharks are lost it will be far worse than we could have ever imagined.

Again, I have no doubt that this dog was abused and put through something horrific that should have never happened. This dog suffered for what I hope was not a surgical placement of a hook to drum up donations and support, though I have to admit my mind wonders it that was the case as the entrance and exit wounds were far to clean around the neatly, evenly placed hook. I pray I am wrong. My doubt comes in the said use of dogs for shark bait, it just doesn't add up. The hook placement doesn't fit, the throwing a live dog in the water doesn't fit, the size of the dog doesn't fit. Knowing what I know of sharks and how they feed and what bait is the norm when fishermen are hunting them it just doesn't make sense.
Report Spam   Logged

Rachel: 10yr old Congo African Grey
Jimmy: 4yr old Peach Fronted Conure
The Three Stooges: 6mo old Zebra Finches
Crossroads: Unknown age Spangle Sky Blue Budgie
Chowder: 1yr old Opiliated Green Budgie
Georgette: 8yr old Black DMH Princess
Romeo: 2.5yr old White & Tan Siamese Mix
Home: Henderson, NV
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 07:08:38 pm »

I hear ya Sophie.  And I agree Sharks are also feeling man's wrath.  Bottom line is that someone hooked these dogs for pleasure or for bait.  This action would not surprise me.  I am not going to comment anymore as these images are still haunting me badly :-[  Just a FYI.. As an experienced fisherman I will say those hooks were used for this purpose and the line and knots say the same :'(
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 07:12:13 pm by AdminBuffaloParrot » Report Spam   Logged
sophiemae
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 31

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 10:46:48 pm »

I agree, I fish too (I'm sure not as often as you have) and I knew right away that the hook in the face was meant for something much larger than your average sport fishing the hooks in the feet looked much smaller. Either way it's very cruel to do this to a dog or any animal  :'( It's a sad situation all around no matter how one may see it.
Report Spam   Logged

Rachel: 10yr old Congo African Grey
Jimmy: 4yr old Peach Fronted Conure
The Three Stooges: 6mo old Zebra Finches
Crossroads: Unknown age Spangle Sky Blue Budgie
Chowder: 1yr old Opiliated Green Budgie
Georgette: 8yr old Black DMH Princess
Romeo: 2.5yr old White & Tan Siamese Mix
Home: Henderson, NV
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: