Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:20:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Qwerty

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Qwerty  (Read 3266 times)
Yogi
Newbie Budgie

Like my post 3

Badges: (View All)
Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Level 4
« on: March 31, 2016, 01:54:15 pm »

Looking through my bookmarks and realized I was a member of this forum. Thought I'd drop in as I know many of the great forums are failing because of the social forums like Facebook. I do believe the only posts I made here are on the intro forum long ago.

Since I was here last I lost my Nanday of 28 years, my patagonian , and my quaker I raised from day 2 out of the egg. Also had to rehome my gorgeous tiel. She was a chronic egg layer . My husband had Altzheimers and required my constant care.I didn't have the time or strength to take care of her. When my husband passed away I was left with his pionus who hated me from day1. Breeding season is a horror with that bird. In constant attack mode  and can bite hard enough to send you to the ER.

But I digress. I received a Quaker as a Xmas gift last August.It took that long to find what I wanted. I had my heart set on a blue but I preferred a  pallid green I met. He is sooooo cute and a regular talking machine.  His fav words are Peek a boo , Pretty boy, Peek a boy and of course  NO BITE. He is in my puter room so he sees a lot of me. He yaks away and picks up words when I say them only once. I was showing him off to a friend and he was asleep when we walked in . I said "wakeup" and he has repeated it ever since.  Yesterday I said "Really?" to him as he yakked away and I noticed he repeated it as I sit here at the PC.  None of my other Quakers talked like he does. In fact I never believed Quakers talked like that when I heard the stories. His name is Qwerty. He doesn't say that. I guess I picked the wrong name

I had better get out of here as I spend too much time on the puter but I will be dropping in more often now that I found you again.

Yogi
Report Spam   Logged

Sinbad--Nanday Conure 1985-2012
Ollie---Patagonian Conure 1999-2010
Rocco---Gold Capped Conure
Bingo---Quaker 1994-2007
Tucson--White Capped Pionus
Swinger-Senegal
Indy----IRN
Qwerty--Pallid Green Quaker

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 04:14:46 pm »

Glad you found your new best friend  loveuk
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 03:34:50 pm »

"hello2" Yogi, it's lovely to meet you  smile3 I don't think we have met before. My name is Wendy and I took over the forum with De'Andrea who you probably know as "Nakia" quite a while ago now  thumb

You are right in what you are saying about FB taking over forums. It is such a shame really as personally, I think forums are much better.

Thank you for coming back to see us and we would love to see some pics of your flock  handshappy
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Yogi
Newbie Budgie

Like my post 3

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 08:49:20 pm »

Hi Wendy (I just love that name)
 Yes I am thoroughly disgusted with the way the parrot forums have dropped off. There is no other place you can get the kind of info you can on a forum.  I know of only one large forum that is busy daily.

Yogi
Report Spam   Logged

Bingo---Quaker 1994-2007
Swinger-Senegal
Indy----IRN
jules
my sweet jasper
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 20

julie

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 500 Posts
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 08:37:33 am »

Hi yogi, nice to see a new face. I've been hovering around here and there. I still have Xavier my new friend who came in February, he's so cheeky  but you have to love him  hmm
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 10:48:10 pm »

"hello2" Hi Yogi, you must have join long before I did as I can't  recall visiting with you here. I join this forum back in Jan of 2012. It was not very busy with only about 20 regulars coming to post a bit. By the end of 2012 almost no one came on and Darren & Marlene the founders & admin deciced to give the forum back to the domain owner. They had other things they were involved in that took their time away from here. I'm  still close intetnet friends with them, but miss them dearly here. sadboy3

Anyway, I am so glad to see you pop in and say Hi!!! I'm  a bit late coming over to chat with you, sorry bout that. Oh Qwerty sounds adorable & I love his name. As we all know too well, our birds are famous for learning what they want to say & saying what they shouldn't  at the most inopportune times.  dmblaf I love the blue color Quakers & thought I wanted one once or twice but decided not to add any more birds to my flock.

Yep I know what you mean about the pionus & that beak!!! Umm I have one that is coming up 3 yrs old. Not sure if it is a male or female, but for something to call it I chose it to be a she since she is so temperamental like PMS!! oh She is a white capped pionus whose official name is Sierra Sunrise.  When she first began to talk she sounded like the old Star Wars movie Ewoks. So I called her that so much she thinks that is her name or my name.  think Still not sure which on that one. She will not allow me to hold her & can deliver a bite that rivals an Amazon's.  :eek2:

Please do show us some photos of your feathered kids. I think the pallad greens are beautiful!! loveuk
Report Spam   Logged
Yogi
Newbie Budgie

Like my post 3

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 02:11:37 pm »

For someone who is always lamenting how the forums are falling apart , I can't believe I haven't been back to answer this thread.  I should get 20 lashes with a feather.

I joined back in 2008 but I somehow usually overlook this forum.

In case you 're wondering where the name Qwerty came from look at your keyboard. He finally learned to say it but it comes out Qwatty.

And yes the pionus is still acting up. Doesn't like anything or me.  He will fling his favorite treat if he doesn't like my Tee shirt.  Proved that by changing my shirt.  I just got tired of catering to him after all these years. He's over 20. I keep trying but if he doesn't like me after 16 years or so I don't think he ever will.

I'll try to pop in more often.

Yogi
Report Spam   Logged

Bingo---Quaker 1994-2007
Swinger-Senegal
Indy----IRN
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 05:54:55 pm »

Yep, we all seem to be slowing up on coming over to the real forums like this one. I know I have not been on in a really long while. You did join a few yrs before me.

I joined here in Jan of 2012, by the end of that yr Darren & Mar the founders of this forum had decided to give it back to the domain owner who liked the place & kept it as a forum with no real moderating. In 2014 Wendy, Debra & I asked Darren if we could try to make a go of it and took over the admin part of running it. We tried to keep posts up, but life does get in the way. We were not able to get a lot of activity back on here and really don't know what it would take for forums like this to be hopping with enthusiasm anymore.  :ashmd: sadboy3

Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 10:00:58 am »

If anyone of you have any suggestions on how we can get the forum hopping with enthusiasm again (as De'Andrea has said) we are all ears  thumb

Sadly, it seems that FB has taken over forums in a big way  :cry1:
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
jules
my sweet jasper
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 20

julie

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 500 Posts
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 01:39:12 pm »

I'm afraid im one of those Facebook addicts, I must admit it is addictive for some unknown reason. Im a member of a few groups there, one of which is very nice, a parrot group, no *bleep*ing or fighting. The others are for the village where I grew up and the school I went to. I mostly stick to those. Other bird groups seem to think some folk are gods and have to run everything by them, so it puts me off of joining in  :cry

I ought to have a break and log in to my forums more  kiss2
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: