Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 18, 2024, 06:30:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Hello to all our BP friends :)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello to all our BP friends :)  (Read 509 times)
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« on: March 19, 2016, 05:02:15 pm »

"hello2" to all our faithful BP Friends. Sorry De and I haven't been around much just lately, but things have been pretty hectic of late  oh Time just seems to pass by so quickly!! I have been busy at work and am trying to sell my house!! I know you are all wondering why I am selling again after only being here for just over a year! It is a very long story and is causing a great deal of stress at the moment  :cry1:

My wonderful friend De'Andrea is hard at work as usual, as well as looking after her large menagerie  :hehe: I often wonder how she copes with a full time job as well as looking after all her animals and doing all the other household things that us women have to do  shk

We hope you are all well and your fids too  thumb

Codie is going through the dreaded hormonal stage and is very unpredictable at the moment!! I was dreading the day this happened as I had a feeling he would be bad with it and he is! I am just letting him do his own thing and have to leave him be, unless of course I wan't to lose a finger, or a large chunk of flesh   :faint:

We would love to hear from you all!  Tell us what you have all been up too and of course, post some pics of your fids  smile3

Well, that's it for now. Hopefully we can manage to bring our community round again, but obviously we need all your help to be able to do this  smile3  Big hugs to everyone  hugu hugu Hope to hear from you all soon XX
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 08:05:13 pm »

Hi Wendy ,good to hear from you . Sorry about your house that would put me in the funny farm [not that Im not there already   :hehe2: } All is well here ,busy as my girls getting older !3 and 16. Im anxious for warmer weather to get my birds outside. I came home today and my Insane Goffin Pearl broke out of his cage for the first time today  :hair: I wonder how long he was"At Large" in the house for  shk. Getting a dumpster Monday . Throwing everything out but the birds   smile3 Funny how my life has changed since I have gotten birds.Excited for the bird show in June that I go to . My birds need a remodel in their cages . Might buy someones entire toy stand  :grin:
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 08:58:11 am »

Hi Terri,

They say as you get older, the years go quicker  shk I swear they do  :cry1:
My Son will be 25 next month and Tiegan was 16 at Christmas! She leaves school end of May and goes back for her exams in July. She will then go on to College in September. I have no more babies left now  cry cry

I wondered if Pearl would manage to break out of his cage one day! Did he do any damage in the house while he had his freedom? I bet he did  :eek2:

I am also looking forward to the warmer weather! Had enough of cold now!

June will soon be upon you for your Bird show. I am sure you will buy lots of goodies  thumb
Report Spam   Logged

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 09:44:02 am »

They must graduate younger where you are . Julia  will be 18 when shes done with school.My white male Toos are woodworkers  shk.Lucky Pearl didnt do any molding work . Just was terrorizing the rest pf the flock :). Moose my baby Blue and Gold is trying to learn how to fly around the house [thats interesting].
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 02:28:53 pm »

Over here they leave school at 16 and then they get the option to stay on at school for another 2 years (this is called sixth form) OR they go to College for 2 years instead. They then graduate at 18 the same as yours do. It's just done in a different way lol. They have to do either, or! They can't just leave school at 16 and do nothing.

You are very lucky Pearl didn't leave your furniture in a pile of dust on the floor  u2funny

Would love to see some updated pics of Moose and the rest of your flock  :grin:
Report Spam   Logged

jules
my sweet jasper
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 20

julie

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 500 Posts
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 09:49:02 am »

Hi everyone, we're still here,alive and kicking  :bounce:

I think we're all needing some sunshine now, it seems to have been a long winter, noit much snow at all but still cold. There's meant to be thunder storms tonight and tomorrow, so who knows, I love watching storms, but don't want to be out in it  :eek2:

Naughty Pearl for getting out of his cage, you should rename him Houdini, maybe?  :lol1:

Hope the house sale goes well Wendy, don't get too stressed  kiss2

I'll try and post more photos soon, its such a pain taking my phone to bits to get to my memory card  roll
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
Debra
Administrator
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 37

Real name........Debra

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 10:53:58 am »

"hello2" "hello2" "hello2"

I know it's been forever since I've logged on. Hoping things will change now. I've had some big things happen this past 6 months. I moved out of my apartment and spent 4 months living in a hotel when my daughter said she wanted us to move to the city she lives in. That was 3 hours away from where we were. We were unhappy and the thought of being with my daughter and son-in-law was something we could look forward to. So, over spring break we drove up to talk with a school district near where they live. The person we talked with said we WOULD start on the 21st. That gave us 1 week to find a place to live, quit our current jobs, and move. So, we worked until the 17th, rented an apartment sight unseen, and hit the road. We've been here for 3 weeks today. We LOVE it here! We LOVE our new jobs better than the old ones! As if life couldn't get any better, after 2 1/2 weeks of no internet or cable, we got them Wednesday night! Now I can come on line and visit the best forum around! Things are looking up for us.

Oh, and on February 4 (while living in the hotel) I had foot surgery and was off work for 3 weeks. When I got back to work, I learned why the doctor wanted me to take 4 to 6 weeks off! But I toughed it out. Still have pain when I walk, but it's only been 2 months. They shaved bone so I'm guessing the pain is normal. I hope so anyway.

I've missed hearing about everyone's birds! I miss my birds. Please post pics/videos of your precious babies for this deprived woman. Terri -- How's Caboose???? I miss him!!! I could use some surfing right about now.
Report Spam   Logged

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 09:26:28 pm »

Debra ,Caboose is great !!!! Best little guy [hes my buddy], Hes a dancing fool  metal Always fun to look up and see him dancing to a song. Have to work on pictures [having computer problems].
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
jules
my sweet jasper
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 20

julie

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 500 Posts
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 10:29:48 am »

Wow, everyone's been busy, busy  :lol1:

Good to hear you're settling in Debra and loving your new job. Don't you have any birds at all now? Hopefully you can find yourself a new feathered friend once you're more settled  :heart:
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: