Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:56:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Porschas owner

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Porschas owner  (Read 287 times)
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Badges: (View All)
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« on: November 04, 2015, 06:58:52 pm »

Sorry this is a little bit of a rant .Ive had Porscha [my Ruby Macaw] almost  a year . She was a very plucked bird on craigslist . They wanted 800 for her, I ended up paying 300. I tried to find out as much as I could about her. I realize people getting rid of a bird on craigslist have a reason. Porscha ended up being a bird that was never let out of her cage. The woman had told me how her boyfriend disliked her. She is my best talking bird of the bunch so I can tell she was around alot of fighting. So im not surprised she plucks, This women also worked 2 jobs and wasnt home much .I recently heard from her 3 times asking about her. I believe she was wanting her back [i dont think so] . Maybe no more boyfriend [i dont know]. Anyone else have an owner want their bird back?
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 05:54:35 am »

Nope, all these guys were surrendered to us. I also am very careful to not advertise the fact that we have birds in places such as Face book, pages we are on. With boards such as this I rarely state where I live, I give a general location, as opposed to a city or town..... I guess I don't trust people.  I've had only 1 previous owner stop by unannounced to see their bird & it was a good visit. Max clearly was happy and wanted absolutely nothing to do with her & she was very happy to see how GOOD he looked as well as the fact that he was cage free during the day, she was happy with his bedroom also.
  The only owner & friends of the previous owner we are worried about are Joeys, they had no choice with any of their animals, are out on bail, and quite frankly, are CRAZY!! We are leery about new customers who walk in and show an unusual interest in him, cars that sit too long near-by, people who keep going past the house that don't belong in the neighborhood. The state police, and local police have been doing extra patrols by our house (weird to see a state trooper sitting in the alley during the night) but they also know these church people are nuts.
Report Spam   Logged
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 06:16:44 am »

Sondra I would be nervous too!! With people around .I sometimes think about a cleaning lady . But how would she not talk about my birds?
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 03:24:27 am »

Yeah, I have thought about a cleaning person too, but the birds are the least of the worries for us, but we can lock one room.  I bet you already know a cleaning person without even realizing it. We have a friend who cleans and I would ask her if I had the money. If I had to hire someone I'd pay to run a background check on them, and draw a contract up stating that they must agree to never discuss the contents of your house with anyone, along with the agreed upon amount to be paid to her. I'd also install cameras in my home on my front and back doors and where ever the birds are located in the house. Don't use wireless cameras as they can be hacked and people can watch your house through them. You can purchase them fairly inexpensively these days as well as the recording unit that goes with them, plus you can check on the house if you have a smart phone. It would give you some peace of mind.
Report Spam   Logged
jules
my sweet jasper
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 20

julie

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 500 Posts
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 09:05:33 am »

Have you heard from Porschas old owner recently Terri? It does sound like she might be living on her own again, but its no good reason to just expect her bird back, which of course is rightfully yours, you bought her fair and square and she is happy  kiss2

I think also to have someone come into your home, you would have to trust them explicitly and maybe write up some contract that states they don't not talk about who or what is in your home x
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: