Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 18, 2024, 01:29:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Thanks for the Invite!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks for the Invite!  (Read 532 times)
terriemf
Newbie Budgie

Like my post 1

Badges: (View All)
Topic Starter Level 1 First Post
« on: July 09, 2015, 08:21:48 pm »

:nwwhr: I lost my B&G back in Feb 2015... I still cry every day.. she was my best friend for almost 15 years, I inherited her from my dad.  My husband and I now share our home and hearts with a 4 - 5 yr old Rescue TAG... he's a plucker, starting the hormones... but is getting braver and more curious every day!  :mgc:  Hello to Mrs. B!  we have a Mr. B!
the house was so empty after Mz. C's passing.. but now I have Bozley and he is learning to trust me a bit more every day!  
 :tree: He's learning to like his veggies, very slowly... :woohoo: some days likes bananas  His diet was chips and carmel corn... but at least he's a big eater and loves his RoudyBush pellets!  we are target training and that's when he get scrambled eggs, almonds and seed...  I brought him home April 17 and he had his first vet visit and weighing in at 295 grams.. know 305 grams!
  I will not clip his wings anymore, trying to let them grow out, but I think it was a bad trim... his toes are a bit deformed, only 2 grow down, the other 6 grow up but that doesn't even bother him!

I'm glad to be here  :needhug: (birdie)
Bozley and Mom, Terrie Marie
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 04:01:44 am »

"hello2" Terrie Marie and  :welc: to BP. Thank you for joining us!

I am so sorry to hear about your B&G. You must have been devastated  cry

We would love to see some pics of Bosley  thumb
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 04:09:21 am by Sapphire » Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 06:00:44 am »

Hi and welcome !! So sorry about your my Macaw [I lost 2 last year]. I have days Im miss them so much  2sadk Have times I think how I can I feel so connected to them still . Couldn't take it anymore and getting a Blue and Gold in Aug. Never owned a TAG {hear their sweet ]. Where did you get him ?
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 08:04:25 am »

Welcome!! I am so sorry you lost you companion of 15 years. We just lost our budgie a month ago, he was 20 more or less and my BIL left him with us when he moved out a few years ago.
We have a CAG, and if he was our first bird we would have a house full of Greys, rather than a U2 and a Conure and Tiel. LOL! I have found that when most Greys enter the rescue system they tend to become pluckers, as ours did. They are very sensitive birds with a great sense of humor! Ours was on an all seed diet, but adapted to fruits and veggies fairly well, it took quite a while for him to eat pellets - we eventually got him to accept zupreem, after wasting a whole bag of roudybush (none of ours will eat roudybush, we've tried several times). Our Cag is in his mid to late 20s but hormones aren't too bad - he does the tuxedo dance for Hubby & gurges for him, but that's about it & only a day or two in a row a few times a year. Other than the tiel hormones are not bad here.............knock on wood!!! Our CAG isn't trimmed at all either & he's free to fly where he wants, he usually only flys around our bedroom unless spooked. We have a 60 foot long room our Too flys in, the CAG won't go in there.
Report Spam   Logged
Nakia
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 52

Name~De'Andrea~AKA~Turquoise~Joined: 01/25/2012

Fourth year Anniversary Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 01:09:28 am »

Welcome to the forum Terrie Marie!  "hello2" That is so sad you had to lose your B&G, especially since she was a family member you had known for a long time.  sadboy3 I am so glad to hear you found another sweetie to help you heal in Bozley.  :heart:

Bozley sounds like he is going to blossom to his full potential in your home & care.  loveuk TAGs are beautiful birds & sweet birds. I owned one way back in the early 1990s, his name was Neko. I first bought him for my Mom, he was 7 yrs old when we went to get him. I was blown away with how friendly he was with us strangers and transitioned into her home with no problem. He had been taken excellent care at his first home and was the most well adjusted parrot I have ever had the pleasure to know. After about a year & half Mom gave him to me. She had grown tired of cleaning up after him. Mom has some personal issues and this was nothing strange for her to do. I had him for 10yrs before I rehomed all my parrots due to my hubby changing jobs and I was not going to be home to care for them any longer for up to 9 weeks at a time. All of them went to the same loving home I found trough a friend & was cared for very well. I still Miss Neko and his funny sweet ways.  hugu

Will be looking forward to seeing photos of Bozley and hearing more about his progress with you.  thumb
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: