Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:48:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Five Amazing Years

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Five Amazing Years  (Read 253 times)
Pea
Maddy
Forum Artist
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 16

Always, Weasley. 2010 - 2013

Badges: (View All)
500 Posts One year Anniversary Poll Voter
« on: July 31, 2015, 02:07:50 am »

Every year, people celebrate important dates. Birthdays, anniversary, and who knows what else. Today is one of those special dates for me. 5 years ago today, I brought home a beautiful blue budgie and became a bird mom.

The memory of that day is one that I remember so clearly. I remember silly little random details, like what we did before we went to the pet store, and me being so worried that we weren't going to make it before they closed. I remember getting home with my new budgie. My mom grabbed her out of the box, and I pet her head for the first time before putting her in her cage. My family helped me choose a name off of my list, and we ended up going with Weasley. I sat and talked to that little bird until I put her to bed. I was so happy that day.

Weasley passed away in 2013, but in those two and a half years she was with me, she showed me so much love, and taught me so much. Without her, and all of my other birds, I wouldn't be who I am today. They have helped shape the last five years of my character. They helped me become responsible, more loving and caring, and even to become an artist. With good, also comes a bit of bad. They've helped me become a neurotic freak. All pots and pans have to be checked, everything must be unplugged before we leave the house so that there is not chance of them being harmed, and I'll panic if someone comes in the house wearing perfume or essential oils. Being a bird owner also means that I will give unwanted advice to anyone else who owns birds. Trust me, I didn't WANT to tell my youth group leader's wife that her daughter letting her dog and African Grey kiss is extremely dangerous, but I HAD to. :P

The past five years of my life have been amazing, and I hope they will continue to be. So many happy memories have been made, and I know that there are plenty more to be made.

Thank you, Weasley, for starting it all. You were such a special girl.
Report Spam   Logged

~The Sunshine Flock~
~ Jester Bean ~
~ Bellatrix ~ Dobby ~
~ Precious ~ Honey ~ Peatree ~
~ Harper ~  Abby ~
~ Angel Weasley ~ Angel Jacob ~ Angel Dudley ~ Angel Devynn ~ Angel Hermione ~

Custom Bird Art ~ madalync.com

Nov 2014

Jan 2015

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pinkbirdy
Super Moderator
Hahn's Member

Like my post 40

Terri

Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 06:13:03 am »

Wonderful reflection  :heart:
Report Spam   Logged

Feb/March 2015
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 06:23:22 am »

Congratulations to you. You are so lucky to have started with a budgie, learning as you grew into an excellent companion to him. You can ease your mind on some things, non-stick pots and pans today use a ceramic coating which is safe for our birds (remember burning food in any pan can be bad for our companion animals) & I am told that essential oils are OK around birds (in moderation). Perfume, hair spray along with other stinky hair products, and air fresheners are still a big taboo. We simply ask people that overdo these smelly personal care products to keep their distance as our birds can be harmed by these things - if it's really strong I always wonder what they are covering up ( a stinky dirty body???).

Sharing good, useful info to other bird owners is the way to go, & NEVER be afraid to speak up when something puts a bird &/or another animal or person in potential danger. I hate the videos of pets with birds, the cats playing with birds, dogs licking birds, birds riding on the backs of dogs, etc., just too dangerous. I do love the videos of birds feeding dogs from a high counter out of harms way.

Report Spam   Logged
Sapphire
Administrator
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 59

Real Name ..... Wendy

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 02:17:58 pm »

What a lovely story Maddy and a lovely tribute to Weasley  smile3 I know how much you cared for her. I think this was when I very first met you on a another forum  smile3

You have come a long way since then and have become a fantastic and caring birdie mum  thumb
Report Spam   Logged

Codie, Yellow Crowned Amazon
jules
my sweet jasper
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 20

julie

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 500 Posts
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 09:26:00 am »

Lovely to hear of Weasley and what an impact she had on your life, which birds do don't they?

My first experience with birds was working at a pet store, they had an African grey and a Cockatoo, I remember asking if I could buy the grey, and pay some each week for her. Wonder what happened to Blossom, and her Too friend  :heart:

Weasley was lucky to have met you, and she had a very happy life with you  loveuk
Report Spam   Logged

Dec 2014
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: